Author Topic: Crowder is terrible so far this season  (Read 6360 times)

Re: Crowder is terrible so far this season
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 08:28:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He certainly has not been playing well. If this continues he will probably keep losing moments to sleepy uncle jeff.

Jeff Green hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire with his fg% the past couple of years, but people forget that he was our leading scorer for the 13-14 and 14-15 (partial) seasons before getting traded, averaging between 17 and 18 PPG.

The fact that he is outplaying Crowder is a little surprising, but not monumental. Green's best role was always to play off of other stars and now he has the ultimate one in Lebron. When he's not asked to do too much, he can actually be a decent player.

Bummer for Crowder and I imagine he will improve, but happy to see Green playing well.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Difficult year for Crowder, both in a professional and personal level. He wore out his welcome, but not going to kick him while he's down particularly during these circumstances.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Crowder looks lost .

Because Cavs play Brons offense .  Not a Team oriented play driven offense like Celtics. The whole game as dictated by Bron and not the coach revloves around one player .  When Lebron goes,out ...There is NO offense....now there is zero direction , because he tells guys what to do 99% of the time.  cavs is street ball and nothing else. 

Crowder is unsure of his role .   Kinda stand around and wait for his chancemto contribute , while James ball hogs the offense , brings the ball up .....where is the coach , who,came up with his awful way to play ball .

Crowdeer came from a real team to a joke of an offense driven by an oversize brute , who should be playing PF from day one.

Crowder is a SF .   

Cavs offense is no offense ,because they have no coach or leader .

I wonder how if Ball is suppose to handle and distribute the ball , how will Lebron ...have to learn his role at a postion and be a normal player and DO as he is told .  I feel for Luke having to deal with this idiot if he is traded to Lakers.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:06:41 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's shown some life recently, which they desparately need as any rotation that has a chance defensively for the Cavs will need to feature Crowder heavily.

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its the brad stevens effect. He knows how to put players in roles they excel in.

fans here seemed to over-rate crowder. hes a 3 and D guy who many times took too many shots. he couldnt hit the side of a barn against the cavs last year.

I mean All I could hear when he was traded was they "gave up too much!" you can see now playing tatum and eventually hayward will be much better.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 10:28:13 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I was someone who always thought he was overrated around here in general, although he was key in that for a time we didn't have hardly any depth at the wing, so his absence was missed a lot.  But I always thought Smart and Horford were the best defenders on the team and I think that has shown.

The one thing I will say is the man can shoot.  He shot 40% from 3 last year and I'm sure he will be up there again.  I only mention it because I see people say he can't shoot all the time and it's so silly.  The problem with his offensive game is he can't do much else.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 10:54:50 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
last year was a fluke for Crowder.  He isn't a 40% three point shooter.  He probably isn't a 29.5% shooter either, but he is closer to that than 40% I think.  His defense has been overrated for awhile, but regardless he can't defend the PF position for any period of time.  The reality is, Crowder is being misused in Cleveland and he was overrated on this board.  A lot on here mistook his great contract for a great player, but Crowder has and always will be a role player best suited for a bench role.  If Cleveland was healthier, that is what he would be and I think he would be performing better overall, but Cleveland isn't very healthy and they have to play him more and in roles he isn't used to.

TP, totally agree.

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I was someone who always thought he was overrated around here in general, although he was key in that for a time we didn't have hardly any depth at the wing, so his absence was missed a lot.  But I always thought Smart and Horford were the best defenders on the team and I think that has shown.

The one thing I will say is the man can shoot.  He shot 40% from 3 last year and I'm sure he will be up there again.  I only mention it because I see people say he can't shoot all the time and it's so silly.  The problem with his offensive game is he can't do much else.
that 40% was basically 7% better than any other season.  It seems more of an aberration than a norm.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

that 40% was basically 7% better than any other season.  It seems more of an aberration than a norm.

I watched him get better at it over his time in Boston every season so I will give him credit for that.  Maybe it is by a bit, but the man can shoot 3's and did so very well over a long season.

Again, that's not his problem on offense, it's that he doesn't really do anything else, especially off the dribble.  I always see it brought up as his weakness but it's that's most everything he has going for him on offense.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Sure you have to assume that Stevens, who had no frontcourt and limited talent in general, "had" to maximize Jae's talent...and he did. Thomas and Crowder matched each other well and became a large part of the "little engine that could" last year.

I will insist on this...I always saw Jae Crowder as a bench player. Probably a sixth man. When he came here I felt that if Crowder was the sixth best player on the team you'd have good team...not a starter. 

As far as the Cav's go, I haven't watched their games this year. I know from the past that Lebron is essentially a player coach in a role similar to what Russell was given by Red. Tyron Lue is not truly responsible for the conduct of the team on the floor, Lebron James is. This dynamic assures that Jae Crowder's talents will not be maximized in any way and losses will result in finger pointing/scapegoating/benching/position swapping and what have you as, there isn't the structure offered by a team that is run by a head coach whom is directly responsible for wins and losses.

Kyrie Irving, a top player in the league, arrives in Boston, a team that he has crushed for years and, without blinking,  promptly changes his game to suit the head coach. All players, including Crowder, play better under great leadership...ask Red Auerbach. 

We get high on our own guys and that is normal, but, last year's team couldn't beat any of the top 6 teams in the NBA and how could they? They were doing it on sheer effort and purpose and Crowder was all of that. 

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 02:24:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I see no reason Crowder shouldn't get back to mid 500s TS% overall which would still make him an above average rotation player.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 02:39:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
He certainly has not been playing well. If this continues he will probably keep losing moments to sleepy uncle jeff.

Jeff Green hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire with his fg% the past couple of years, but people forget that he was our leading scorer for the 13-14 and 14-15 (partial) seasons before getting traded, averaging between 17 and 18 PPG.

The fact that he is outplaying Crowder is a little surprising, but not monumental. Green's best role was always to play off of other stars and now he has the ultimate one in Lebron. When he's not asked to do too much, he can actually be a decent player.

Bummer for Crowder and I imagine he will improve, but happy to see Green playing well.

I agree with this.  I don't know what Green has done lately but if you look at their collective careers in the NBA, Green is a better player.  Crowder may be tougher and better suited for certain roles but with the exception of one season maybe, Green has been a little better in his career.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not surprised, he was always overrated during his time in Boston. Clearly a system player if there ever was.

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Sure you have to assume that Stevens, who had no frontcourt and limited talent in general, "had" to maximize Jae's talent...and he did. Thomas and Crowder matched each other well and became a large part of the "little engine that could" last year.

I will insist on this...I always saw Jae Crowder as a bench player. Probably a sixth man. When he came here I felt that if Crowder was the sixth best player on the team you'd have good team...not a starter. 

As far as the Cav's go, I haven't watched their games this year. I know from the past that Lebron is essentially a player coach in a role similar to what Russell was given by Red. Tyron Lue is not truly responsible for the conduct of the team on the floor, Lebron James is. This dynamic assures that Jae Crowder's talents will not be maximized in any way and losses will result in finger pointing/scapegoating/benching/position swapping and what have you as, there isn't the structure offered by a team that is run by a head coach whom is directly responsible for wins and losses.

Kyrie Irving, a top player in the league, arrives in Boston, a team that he has crushed for years and, without blinking,  promptly changes his game to suit the head coach. All players, including Crowder, play better under great leadership...ask Red Auerbach. 

We get high on our own guys and that is normal, but, last year's team couldn't beat any of the top 6 teams in the NBA and how could they? They were doing it on sheer effort and purpose and Crowder was all of that.

Which is why the hate for Crowder on this board is ridiculous and unwarranted...

Crowder may have been a tough nosed diva at times, but he certainly gave his all during his time here at least... He definitely made an impact on our youngsters like Rozier or Smart.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Which is why the hate for Crowder on this board is ridiculous and unwarranted...

Crowder may have been a tough nosed diva at times, but he certainly gave his all during his time here at least... He definitely made an impact on our youngsters like Rozier or Smart.
how is it hating to post that crowders offensive and defensive impact this season is significantly worse