Author Topic: Crowder is terrible so far this season  (Read 6361 times)

Crowder is terrible so far this season
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:41:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
shooting is abysmal 38% from the floor 31% from 3. 3.5 Rebounds per game. Defensively I heard he isn’t  good right now either. Was he a product of the brad Stevens effect?

Meanwhile, his replacement Jayson Tatum is currently 17th in TS% among the 139 players who are qualified for the 3P% leaderboard. He's ahead of Klay Thompson, James Harden and Bradley Beal, just to name a few.

Addition by subtraction... And addition.

Re: Crowder is terrible so far this season
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:42:19 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
He certainly has not been playing well. If this continues he will probably keep losing moments to sleepy uncle jeff.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 12:56:46 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I keep hearing that he spent most of the offseason with his mother and is thus in pretty bad shape.

Should play better as the year goes on.

Tough for Cleveland cus they could really use someone who plays defense right now.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:49:34 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Crowdy, as his whole team is playing poorly now. Some of that will change with more reps, IT back and his better shape. But we all knew he is slightly dropping off.
His true replacement here, Morris (Not Tatum, due to his age, defense, grit, exp) is better NBA player than Crowder (this year) IMO, while also being cheaper and accepting his current role easier.
Danny made a killer move once again. (cheaper Crowder, LOL, who knew that was possible.)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:07:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Yeah that trade was a highway robbery in favor of the Celtics  8)

I'd do it over and over again...trading IT4, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, BKN 2018, and second-rounder for Kyrie Irving.

It not only helped the Cavs create a dysfunctional mess, but it also propelled the Celtics to a 12-game winning streak and developing a defense for Kyrie.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 03:28:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Good.

He was good for us for quite a bit, but man over the last 6-8 months he has really rubbed me the wrong way
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:14:31 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
He doesn't have a CBS to maximize his strengths and put him in a position to succeed anymore.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:14:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The difference between CBS and Lue is huge.

Part of it is also comfort level and adjusting to a new (in this case lesser) system. Look at Kyrie: 44% FG%, 32% 3PT%, career low in FTAs. Adjusting to a new system is just going to take time.

I’ll be interested to see if there’s any change in Crowder’s game once IT comes back. Cleveland is missing that second elite scorer, and he’s got some chemistry with Jae.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 06:57:24 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
"Crowder is terrible so far this season "

this is news?

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yes. The fact remains that Crowder is not a PF. Hence this outcome.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 07:26:58 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I figured there would be a little dropoff with him in Cleveland so he wasn't on my radar in fantasy but then he was still on the board pretty late in the draft and the other options weren't great and I talked myself into the "he'll get good shots playing with Lebron" narrative and now he's just awful.

I haven't cut him yet because I'm telling myself Cleveland is going to work it's way out of this funk at some point and Crowder will be part of that but... it's tough hanging in there right now.

Yes. The fact remains that Crowder is not a PF. Hence this outcome.
The other problem is he isn't quick enough to stay with most NBA small forwards anymore either. So I'm not sure where that leaves him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Part of it is also comfort level and adjusting to a new (in this case lesser) system. Look at Kyrie: 44% FG%, 32% 3PT%, career low in FTAs. Adjusting to a new system is just going to take time.

I’ll be interested to see if there’s any change in Crowder’s game once IT comes back. Cleveland is missing that second elite scorer, and he’s got some chemistry with Jae.
Maybe Cleveland should consider utilizing Kevin Love properly on offense? Not saying IT won't help them on offense but to me a lot of their issues are sort of self-inflicted by not utilizing players properly and roster construction .

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:01:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lebron is not a guard .  The brute needs to play the paint .

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32

Crowder might not get till Jan when IT is suppose to get back. He already lost minutes to Jeff Green which tells you how bad Crowder has been this year.

Crowder's biggest problem is that he has an awful coach now. Lue strangely plays him as a big in a small ball lineup and seems to think he is a PF. All he is doing is making Crowder get over-matched cause of his lack of size.

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 08:27:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
last year was a fluke for Crowder.  He isn't a 40% three point shooter.  He probably isn't a 29.5% shooter either, but he is closer to that than 40% I think.  His defense has been overrated for awhile, but regardless he can't defend the PF position for any period of time.  The reality is, Crowder is being misused in Cleveland and he was overrated on this board.  A lot on here mistook his great contract for a great player, but Crowder has and always will be a role player best suited for a bench role.  If Cleveland was healthier, that is what he would be and I think he would be performing better overall, but Cleveland isn't very healthy and they have to play him more and in roles he isn't used to.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip