Author Topic: Woj: D’Angelo Russell will miss few games, knee. (We play nets Tuesday)  (Read 1240 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/929757715261304833

With Lin and Russell out, We’ll be playing someone named spencer dinwittie, Sean  kilopatrick , outarra
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:23:16 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Woj: D’Angelo Russell will miss few games, knee. (We play nets Tuesday)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
About time we play an opponent with the injury bug (even if we could have beaten them anyway).

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:25:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Honestly they're probably a tougher team to beat with him on the bench right now. He's getting his numbers but uses a high number of possessions to get them and doesn't do much else for his team.

Still doesn't impact the game in a positive way for his team.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:27:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Honestly they're probably a tougher team to beat with him on the bench right now. He's getting his numbers but uses a high number of possessions to get them and doesn't do much else for his team.

idk but he definitely won them the last game they won

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 10:29:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Meh, they're better with him off the court on both ends and he has a 100 offensive rating for the season.

Volume scorers like that definitely win you games when their shot is falling, but they lose you them taking the same Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty shots too.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:34:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Meh, they're better with him off the court on both ends and he has a 100 offensive rating for the season.

Volume scorers like that definitely win you games when their shot is falling, but they lose you them taking the same ****ty shots too.
true

I was reading about this dinwiddie guy. Apparently the nets picked him up from the d league. He recently got hot

On October 25, 2017, Dinwiddie scored a career-high 22 points and hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 43 seconds left to lift the Nets to a 112–107 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.[27] Four days later, he tied his career high with 22 points in a 124–111 loss to the Denver Nuggets.[28]

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 10:35:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

In theory I’d agree with you, but they’re running low on ball handlers.  Lin is out, Dinwiddie is likely out, Whitehead isn’t much of a shot-creator, Levert has been really struggling — they’re kind of low on guys who can make plays on offense.  Against this Celtics defense, it could get really ugly, really quickly.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 10:39:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

In theory I’d agree with you, but they’re running low on ball handlers.  Lin is out, Dinwiddie is likely out, Whitehead isn’t much of a shot-creator, Levert has been really struggling — they’re kind of low on guys who can make plays on offense.  Against this Celtics defense, it could get really ugly, really quickly.
Dinwiddie is out too? Yeah then that'd be a big loss for them. I didn't know he was hurt, the team runs better offense when he's at the PG in the games I've watched them.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 10:43:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Dinwiddie is out too? Yeah then that'd be a big loss for them. I didn't know he was hurt, the team runs better offense when he's at the PG in the games I've watched them.

Pulled a hamstring Friday, missed yesterday.  Technically day-to-day, but most hamstring injuries require more than 3 days, so I don’t expect him to play.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Assumimg we win this, we will have a shot at 14! Bird! RUSSELL
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.