Author Topic: IT coming back early?  (Read 10898 times)

Re: IT coming back early?
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No questioning the fandom of others. Let's stop that

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Sorry, didn't know that I was committing a violation. I've seen a decent amount of anti Celtics talk on this forum since Danny turned almost the entire team over. In 2017, where trolling has become commonplace (Stephen A Smith, Felger, the departed LarBrd) I was just trying to get people to be more clear in their messaging. I was honestly confused that he wanted IT to beat the Celtics.

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

I completely agree with and understand this rule.

That said, isn't someone saying they would rather have another team beat us to the finals, not very fan like?

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I completely agree with and understand this rule.

That said, isn't someone saying they would rather have another team beat us to the finals, not very fan like?

I’m not sure you understand the rule.

nick was pretty clear.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
While others are rooting for the Cavaliers, I think that is their right. I guess the NBA and fandom is changing. It is conceivable to root for both teams in a matchup. This actually makes watching the game more enjoyable- its a win/win. With the emergence of fantasy sports, I know that more people are watching games that they don't have a stake in.

I actually need to catch myself often to realize that basketball is just entertainment. I think fans often care more than players about the outcome of a game/season.

Whatever team you root for is cool, and all should be welcome here. I shouldn't be calling people out if they don't share my same thoughts.

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lebron

and his

"mini me ".     mini bron

Boss .....Da Plane Da Plane  ;)

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Until IT says something bad about the fans or his former teammates, I’ll root for him.

I hope he drops 75 points against us in Game 7 of the ECF, including buzzer beaters that send the game into OT, 2OT, and 3OT.  I hope he gets a quintuple double, in what is regarded as the best playoff performance of all time. I hope the league then re-opens the CBA just to allow IT to make $50 million per year.

But, I want all of that to come in a losing effort.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Until IT says something bad about the fans or his former teammates, I’ll root for him.

I hope he drops 75 points against us in Game 7 of the ECF, including buzzer beaters that send the game into OT, 2OT, and 3OT.  I hope he gets a quintuple double, in what is regarded as the best playoff performance of all time. I hope the league then re-opens the CBA just to allow IT to make $50 million per year.

But, I want all of that to come in a losing effort.

I would venture to say that 90% of Celtics fans feel the same way.

What is not to love about IT? Guy is a frickin warrior that leaves it all out there. I have to think that last year was the most impressive season that a Celtics player has had without winning the MVP.

The cold hard truth is that Danny made a better decision to pass on paying him at the top of the market. Often, the business side makes the entertainment side less desirable. This was about as difficult as trading KG and Pierce to BKN. Both decisions made sense for the future, but both were hard to swallow.

As for when he comes back- I'd give him time if I were CLE. They can make a trade or two to get better and improve their playoff situation. I don't imagine that they will fall out of the top 5 in the soft Eastern Conference. IT is a beast and could be very dangerous in a playoff run with Lebron.

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:54 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Videos out oh him shooting from three,jump rope and doing drills before games--He sure can still shoot-these videos are new-Not only happy for him and i'm glad he plays for another team because Isaiah going against bigs would give me a heart attack
Isaiah gifted us last year-i am a Kyrie guy now
IF only Isaiah had not kept up the Brinks truck routine, it was those flip flops that really turned me.
Next question ,how is the Cavs defense going to cover for him ?

Funny, the flip flops is what turned me as well.  His ego became way bigger than he was, but I somewhat understand it.  The first time in his NBA career he was 'the man'.  A team was HIS.  He was finally being noticed as a legit threat.  He hung out with Floyd and his posse, got praises from Allen Iverson. Brad's system built around him unleashed the beast within (see J. Crawford). His whole 'PAY ME' or else bravado began to be a little overwhelming. Now he kinda irks me to be honest.  Watching him at the Cavs games are annoying. He's still hurt (emotionally)...I get it. In that regards I do feel for him, but I'm a CELTICS fan first and if you're not with us (whether it was your choice or not) you're against us!

I also find it amusing that NOW IT is the Cavs Savior. Last season when he was out for the ECF's all I heard the media spouting was "he wouldn't have made that much of a difference anyway...after all he's only 5'9" LOL. It's going to be interesting to see how he does this season when he doesn't have a system built for him to be 'the man'
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Exactly... IT is a very lovable guy I doubt anyone can say anything bad about him and the way he became an NBA all star after barely getting drafted should be an example to every college player. He deserves to get payed next summer and I really hope he can return from the injury as good as his was before

But at the end of the day I (we) support the Celtics team. Noone can be more important than the team the it's success

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
I.T. looked like he was moving very well last night bouncing around cheering on his teammates.  He even picked up a technical foul from the bench.  I can't believe it will be to much longer before he returns.

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I.T. looked like he was moving very well last night bouncing around cheering on his teammates.  He even picked up a technical foul from the bench.  I can't believe it will be to much longer before he returns.

How close do you think cheering on an NBA bench and playing NBA Basketball are?

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

He wasn't just sitting there.  He was jumping up in the air and acting/moving like he wasn't even injured.  It may very well be another 4-6 weeks to get back in game shape who knows, but the way he was moving was very encouraging for a return sooner than originally thought. 

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

He wasn't just sitting there.  He was jumping up in the air and acting/moving like he wasn't even injured.  It may very well be another 4-6 weeks to get back in game shape who knows, but the way he was moving was very encouraging for a return sooner than originally thought.

Anyone on this forum could probably jump around on the bench and probably none of us are going to be running around on the floor. Obviously it is a better sign than him being in a wheel chair, but it seems like a really strange reason to believe he is any closer or further to returning.

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Anyone on this forum could probably jump around on the bench and probably none of us are going to be running around on the floor. Obviously it is a better sign than him being in a wheel chair, but it seems like a really strange reason to believe he is any closer or further to returning.

Wow.  Or... how about we just accept that The Oracle was just trying to say the guy looked healthier than he expected?   I don't think he offered it up as a full-scan physical examination.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.