Author Topic: Raptors (7-4) at Celtics (11-2) Game #14 11/12/17  (Read 33591 times)

Re: Raptors (7-4) at Celtics (11-2) Game #14 11/12/17
« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2017, 07:19:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
HEY HEY

HO HO

WE JUST WON

12 IN A ROW   8) 8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #346 on: November 12, 2017, 07:19:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Celtics have won 12 straight since Kyrie Irving told a 76ers fan to "suck" one lol.

I seriously doubt this factors into winning

Nah I bet Stevens writes it on the old chalk board before tip off and underlines it a couple times.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #347 on: November 12, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Anyone else watching the postgame coverage see the list in the C's locker room titled "We WILL" that starts with sprinting to defensive sets? Has the whole thing been written about here or in any article?

Haven't heard about it, but would like to. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #348 on: November 12, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Raptors fans kinda bent out of shape over on realgm.   ;D

If ...i didn't know better .....

Why I'd say they didn't like us .... ;)

they can cry me a river! refs tried screwing us. we still pulled it out.

we have to fix our FG% soon or we are whistling past the graveyard. we are pulling these last two games out entirely on heart and guts.

REFUSE TO LOSE!

GREEN RUNS DEEP!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2017, 07:26:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Dang Raptors .....loose the game....but dey gets free POPEYEs ..... ;D

« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2017, 07:28:08 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Dang Raptors .....loose the game....but dey gets free POPEYEs ..... ;D

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #351 on: November 12, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Their backcourt of DeRozan, Lowry, and Powell were a combined:

15-35 (43%) with 49 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, and 7 TOs

Smart, Brown, and Rozier were a combined:

17-40 (43%) with 48 points, 15 assists, 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 0 blocks, and 5 TOs.

Our backup backcourt was just crushed by the star-ridden backcourt in Toronto.
Smart single handedly kept those shooting numbers down.  Per usual.

It's not that Smart is bad or that he's bad all the time. It's that Rozier can do what he does and for less money
geez louis eja, how many times can you move the goalposts in one ****g thread????  :o

you hate smart, we get it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
12 in a row  8)

Glad we got the win, it would have been outrageous to lose on that bogus offensive foul on Tatum. It's crazy how poised he looks for a rookie in crunch time, I feel like he is going to score every time he drives to the basket and gets by his defender while extending his long arms to the basket !

Great win without Kyrie, it would be nice to secure an easy one against Brooklyn and then put the streak on the line against the Warriors.
Tatum's finger roll is straight out of the 70s highlight films
Just the stuff that ain't done anymore.
Im proud of this team

GEORGE ICEMAN GERVIN finger roll and shooting abilities.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2017, 07:32:35 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
For anyone who thinks Rozier is in the same hemisphere as Smart defensively, I'd like to submit the Hawks playoff series where Smart shut down Milsap when nobody else on the team could.  Big or small.

« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2017, 07:32:51 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Why on earth was Smart taking that last shot...it should be Tatum.

The play was an option off of Smart in the post after some dribble handoffs at the 3 point line.  He took a bad shot - he needs to not fade away and learn a few Derozan pump fakes - but that play is usually very good offense.

He could have backed him down more but whatever.

« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Anyone else watching the postgame coverage see the list in the C's locker room titled "We WILL" that starts with sprinting to defensive sets? Has the whole thing been written about here or in any article?

It was behind Tatum in his postgame interview. It wasn't written in marker on a whiteboard, it was printed by a printer pro. It had several items. The third was "Be TOUGH with the ball". I wish I had DVR so I could rewind and pause.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Their backcourt of DeRozan, Lowry, and Powell were a combined:

15-35 (43%) with 49 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, and 7 TOs

Smart, Brown, and Rozier were a combined:

17-40 (43%) with 48 points, 15 assists, 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 0 blocks, and 5 TOs.

Our backup backcourt was just crushed by the star-ridden backcourt in Toronto.
Smart single handedly kept those shooting numbers down.  Per usual.

It's not that Smart is bad or that he's bad all the time. It's that Rozier can do what he does and for less money
geez louis eja, how many times can you move the goalposts in one ****g thread????  :o

you hate smart, we get it.
I'm not the one showing combined stats of an entire backcourt and trying to attribute it to Smart.
I get that some people here think he's the 2nd coming of prime Gary Payton. I get it.

« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is a really typical Marcus Smart game. Their guards are crushing ours. No real defense to speak of. Also he's doing nothing notable on offense. The front court is doing all the work.

But the game is within a point, so all he really needs to do is in the last minute get a critical steal, then rebound and hit a three and he's the hero. Give him a huge contract.

Rozier can do what he does for less money.

Ignorant. You just simply have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Marcus and Brown have both played excellent defense, yet Lowry is hitting ridiculous shots from way downtown despite their good D. But that's somehow their fault, huh?
Let me get this straight. Lowry is making ridiculous shots. Therefore Marcus is playing great defense. That's a very interesting theory. I call it the Marcus-can-do-no-wrong Theory.

Smart forced Lowry into several difficult shots.  That's good defense. 

Lowry made several difficult shots.  That's good shotmaking.

Both statements can be true.  The fact that Lowry made some shots doesn't mean there's "no real defense to speak of."  You've just decided that you don't like Smart, and you're going to an extreme to try to argue the point. 

For the record, I'm not the biggest Smart fan on this board either.  But you do have to look at the whole picture.  You alertly point out all of the negatives while sticking your head in the sand when he does something well.
He's suuuuppppppoooooosssssseeedddd to do things well! He's supposed to do a lot of things well!   I don't understand why we give him the participation trophy and not Rozier.  I've never said he doesn't do anything well.

« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2017, 07:49:24 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

It was behind Tatum in his postgame interview. It wasn't written in marker on a whiteboard, it was printed by a printer pro. It had several items. The third was "Be TOUGH with the ball". I wish I had DVR so I could rewind and pause.

I remember people were discussing that maybe about 2-3 years ago when we first saw it. There's even a photo of the whole list.

« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I remember people were discussing that maybe about 2-3 years ago when we first saw it. There's even a photo of the whole list.

Can't find it.  Reminds me of the locker room scene in Rudy when the players slap the sign on their way out to the field.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC