Author Topic: Kyrie Irving Diagnosed with Minor Facial Fracture After Game  (Read 9127 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving Diagnosed with Minor Facial Fracture After Game
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
best part about tarheels post is that he thinks a broken face is a minor injury.

I've never heard of a "minor facial fracture" -- is that a thing?  I'm not sure I buy it as more than an excuse presented in the media to explain a guy's decision to leave a game at halftime with a bloody nose. As I stated earlier, a player currently on our roster laughed off a blow to his broken nose.  There's clearly a big difference to the way NBA players approach their profession, which was a broader point I've alluded to across several posts. 

And again, ultimately, it was poor form for him to leave the game at halftime.  But he's a "star" cupcake, and that's why it's okay.  Sorry that I'm not okay with that.

I won't lie you've definitely made my days far more entertaining. I look forward to where you take this wonderful journey next.
ok fine

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
best part about tarheels post is that he thinks a broken face is a minor injury.

I've never heard of a "minor facial fracture" -- is that a thing?  I'm not sure I buy it as more than an excuse presented in the media to explain a guy's decision to leave a game at halftime with a bloody nose. As I stated earlier, a player currently on our roster laughed off a blow to his broken nose.  There's clearly a big difference to the way NBA players approach their profession, which was a broader point I've alluded to across several posts. 

And again, ultimately, it was poor form for him to leave the game at halftime.  But he's a "star" cupcake, and that's why it's okay.  Sorry that I'm not okay with that.

I won't lie you've definitely made my days far more entertaining. I look forward to where you take this wonderful journey next.

Appreciate it.  To be honest, I also find this role to be pretty entertaining.  I'm just playing devil's advocate here.  Our forum would be pretty boring, or nonexistent, without that back and forth imo.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2017, 01:17:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Eh, when you're posting about how you believe the silent constituency of lurkers agree with you its pretty clear you're loving the reaction.

You aren't the first or the last, I look forward to your self aggrandizing retirement posts in the future.

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2017, 01:24:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/930137579449667584

Kyrie is with team on the way to Brooklyn, and he's considered questionable for tomorrow, though Souza seems to think he'll play.

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Is Larbird back? This is all I could think of when tarheel went rambling on about personal successes and difficulties.

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Is Larbird back? This is all I could think of when tarheel went rambling on about personal successes and difficulties.

I was directly asked those questions in a combative way. Now you're using that against me? 

That's just a classic case of cherry picking comments, without any context, to throw shade at another poster simply because you disagree with their perspective. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:58:55 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2017, 01:58:24 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

I was directly asked those questions in a combative way.  I reported several of those posters for the tone.  Now you're using that against me? 

Please don't turn this into another thread where you're cherry picking comments I've made, without any context, to throw shade at me because you simply disagree with my perspective.

I gave you a TP earlier in the thread because I knew your comment would elicit unfavorable responses from several posters but I do appreciate you standing by your position, even if I personally don't agree with it. Hold another TP

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum

I was directly asked those questions in a combative way.  I reported several of those posters for the tone.  Now you're using that against me? 

Please don't turn this into another thread where you're cherry picking comments I've made, without any context, to throw shade at me because you simply disagree with my perspective.

Last I checked making a comparison isn't 'throwing shade' any anyone. If you chose not to like the comparison that's a you problem. I also said nothing of your perspective in my post, so you're wrong again.

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Last I checked making a comparison isn't 'throwing shade' any anyone. If you chose not to like the comparison that's a you problem. I also said nothing of your perspective in my post, so you're wrong again.

Cherry picking is your thing, huh?  I bet you never got back on defense...

The highlighted was the meat and potatoes of your post.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  The one thing I've avoided this entire time is personal attacks, imo.  So again, I was baited into sharing personal information as an intentional tangent that was later cherry-picked, out of context, and used against me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:11:10 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/930137579449667584

Kyrie is with team on the way to Brooklyn, and he's considered questionable for tomorrow, though Souza seems to think he'll play.
This is good to hear confirmed, as well as the team has played overall this season I'd really like to see the offense click a bit more. Hard to do that when either Irving or Horford are out.

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2017, 02:16:19 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum

Cherry picking is your thing, huh?  I bet you never got back on defense...

The highlighted was the meat and potatoes of your post.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  The one thing I've avoided this entire time is personal attacks, imo.  So again, I was baited into sharing personal information as an intentional tangent that was later cherry-picked, out of context, and used against me.

Again, I was comparing the way you posted to another user. If you think that's an attack on your integrity or throwing shade that's your problem. Your posting, in this thread in particular, reminds of LarBirds.

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Let's keep on the subject and enough with the personal stuff.

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2017, 02:31:55 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
It seems like there are two issues here.  The first one is should he have gone back in the game with a broken nose and maybe a concussion.  If I ran the team, I would not have put him back in.

The second question is should he have left the arena before the game was over.  That is a tougher issue.  I think he probably should have stuck around but I am not overly offended or questioning his character over this.  I doubt his teammates are either.  It seems fair to raise this as a question though.

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I doubt I would have wanted to stay on the bench with blood flying everywhere if I was Kyrie .  The noise , lights , , all add to the stress of something like that happening .  Your face has just been bashed in , bone fractured , why would you want to stay and suffer in public in a loud stressful enviroment .   Thats not helping anything .

for a regular season game ......no way .  ...best get home and start the recovery . Get some meds and try and dettle down .  He took a awsome whack .

Playoffs i know people play with horrific injuries .   This was not a life or death game .

what if somebody accidentally bumps you again .  No way .....the safe bet is to protect the i jury , go home , get out of the crowds and harms way.

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2017, 03:48:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Im not super OK with the implication statement that this is a "fake injury"

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.