Author Topic: Kyrie Irving Diagnosed with Minor Facial Fracture After Game  (Read 9113 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving Diagnosed with Minor Facial Fracture After Game
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
He's making it really, really easy for me. 

Why did he leave at halftime, exactly?  It doesn't seem like it was medical care -- or that medical care was even needed -- so how is that excusable?  I get that he has a lot to do with his twitter and IG, but that's not the time for it.  He then sends the team a congratulatory group text?  Seems like insult to fake injury.

It's pitiful that some of these cupcakes choose not to play with minor injuries.  Again, Baynes took a shot on a broken nose last season and just laughed it off.  IT got his tooth knocked out, picked it up, and drilled a 3 on the next possession (day after sister died).  But this is your modern NBA, folks.  A lot of these guys are incredibly soft, pampered, and selfish.

On the flip-side, Thomas is so soft that he tapped out in the ECF once he saw how Irving was handing it to him and the situation was not winnable. Months later he still hasn't played because of 1 bad hip. Puh-lease.... the guy has one good hip and he can spot up and shoot which he conveniently is healthy enough to do so before games. Stevens made him into what he is and he knows that without him it's  back to reality.

In a tribute to Pedro...Kyrie's his daddy!

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 07:02:39 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Why did he leave at halftime, exactly?  It doesn't seem like it was medical care -- or that medical care was even needed -- so how is that excusable?  I get that he has a lot to do with his twitter and IG, but that's not the time for it.  He then sends the team a congratulatory group text?  Seems like insult to fake injury.

It's pitiful that some of these cupcakes choose not to play with minor injuries.  Again, Baynes took a shot on a broken nose last season and just laughed it off.  IT got his tooth knocked out, picked it up, and drilled a 3 on the next possession (day after sister died).  But this is your modern NBA, folks.  A lot of these guys are incredibly soft, pampered, and selfish.
come on man..
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 07:07:23 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

TP for you sir, cuz you know this comment about to get flamed.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 07:13:52 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Is there an ignore function on this forum?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

With all the scrutiny around the NFL's concussion protocol (did you see the debacle with Russell Wilson Thursday night?), the NBA is rightfully extra careful. They don't want to be lumped in with the NFL. They monitored him for a concussion - aka they weren't letting him back in the game.

You're making this too easy to argue against. The Celtics could afford to lose last night, but they couldn't afford a scandal or being connected (even slightly) to the concussion scandal in the NFL.

Besides, Irving is meta enough without concussions and brain damage.

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 07:27:09 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/929469046566899712

Not playing tomorrow. Guess its better to have these all happen now I guess....

It says 'doubtful', so he might still play tomorrow
It'd prob be questionable if he was dont think he'll go

From an old fantasy football pro, the lingo means:
Doubtful = 25% chance
Questionable = 50%
Probable = 75%

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 07:49:42 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

On the flip-side, Thomas is so soft that he tapped out in the ECF once he saw how Irving was handing it to him and the situation was not winnable. Months later he still hasn't played because of 1 bad hip. Puh-lease.... the guy has one good hip and he can spot up and shoot which he conveniently is healthy enough to do so before games. Stevens made him into what he is and he knows that without him it's  back to reality.

In a tribute to Pedro...Kyrie's his daddy!

Hah.  I felt like you were actually agreeing with me until the last couple of sentences.  The barometer for professional athletes has commonly been "will this injury get worse" if one continues to play -- e.g., playoff Rondo with dislocated elbow.  That was the case with IT - his injury became worse, but he sacrificed his future for the franchise.  So he's playing injured in that series, and Kyrie is fresh off of riding LeBron's coattails all year.  I'm sure he was dogging it for 3/4 of games, just like he has in Boston a few times now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
LOL Kyrie playin 2k?  :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVD6NHcJJok

He's just trolling/attention-seeking, as always.  His female fan club, particularly teenagers, don't care about this stuff.  Unfortunately, long-time fans and ticket payers do (or should).

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 08:28:40 PM »

Offline ZoneD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12

Lol what's the worst injury you ever had? Twisted an ankle once or twice? Love it when idiots come out to voice their opinions.

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
LOL Kyrie playin 2k?  :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVD6NHcJJok

He's just trolling/attention-seeking, as always.  His female fan club, particularly teenagers, don't care about this stuff.  Unfortunately, long-time fans and ticket payers do (or should).
you care that kyrie played a video game ?

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 09:15:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The hate is strong in this one.😁

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Lol what's the worst injury you ever had? Twisted an ankle once or twice? Love it when idiots come out to voice their opinions.

My senior year of high school, I played for a couple of months with a broken hand and hamstring tendon tear.  This was two weeks after my father passed away unexpectedly.
Edit: Forgot that I also had tendinitis in both wrists. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:40:03 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 10:06:45 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

My senior year of high school, I played for a couple of months with a broken hand and hamstring tendon tear.  This was two weeks after my father passed away unexpectedly.

By "played" you mean you were the guy at the end of the bench furthest from the coach?

This is the NBA. You don't play injured unless it's the playoffs.

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

And I bet you did it up hill both ways in 3 feet of snow too. :P

Hell, I broke a bone in my ankle and was playing less than 2 weeks later.

Reason why, it's frakin highschool, with little to no medstaff, and we aren't the faces of the franchise worth tens of millions of dollars that they are going to risk it on. It's the beginning of the season, so why chance it getting worse with an other blow.

They also kept him out to watch out for concussion symptoms since he was a bit dazed after. So it's a bit of BS calling him out not playing when the med staff made the call.