Poll

Given his start and potential is Jayson Tatum untradeable?

Yes
56 (63.6%)
No
26 (29.5%)
Depends(give reason)
6 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Is Jason Tatum untradeable?(Poll)  (Read 4812 times)

Re: Is Jason Tatum untradeable?(Poll)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 02:27:13 AM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Are people nuts? I live Tatum but there are quite a few players I would trade for and gladly include him aline or part of a package. KP, Giannis, AD, Towns, Jokic to name a few. This "Would you trade him straight up for AD" question is absurd. Of course you do that! That makes him tradeable. Nobody on this year except maaaybe kyrie is untradeable.

I'm not sure why so many people are in such a hurry to trade integral parts of a team on pace for 70 wins (WITHOUT Hayward). My only explanation is the the grass is always greener or some such ****. Jokic?? Seriously? And I want no part of Giannis after his recent explosion.

Jokic is a star. If you think him vs. tatum is obvious then you likely havent been paying attention to the Nuggets.

You have a low threshold for 'star' then. But, as usual, there are at least 50 'top 5' guys in the league.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 02:48:52 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Are people nuts? I live Tatum but there are quite a few players I would trade for and gladly include him aline or part of a package. KP, Giannis, AD, Towns, Jokic to name a few. This "Would you trade him straight up for AD" question is absurd. Of course you do that! That makes him tradeable. Nobody on this year except maaaybe kyrie is untradeable.

I'm not sure why so many people are in such a hurry to trade integral parts of a team on pace for 70 wins (WITHOUT Hayward). My only explanation is the the grass is always greener or some such ****. Jokic?? Seriously? And I want no part of Giannis after his recent explosion.

Jokic is a star. If you think him vs. tatum is obvious then you likely havent been paying attention to the Nuggets.

You have a low threshold for 'star' then. But, as usual, there are at least 50 'top 5' guys in the league.

It's common for many people to talk about stars and superstars and separate tiers.  A perennial MVP candidate is a superstar.  An All-Star is a star.

Currently, I'd say there are 7 superstars: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Davis, Kawhi; and that's it.

There are at least another 20 stars, considering 24 players are All-Stars each year.  Right now it appears Gia and potentially a guy like Kyrie could force their way into the top tier, but most everyone else, for now, is just a star.

A guy like Tatum projects to be a star, although maybe he could become a superstar.  Guys like Porzingis, Towns, and Jokic are further along in their progression, but are really in the same boat, just at the front of it.  I wouldn't trade Tatum for any of the later guys, I would consider it for Davis though, since he is already a superstar.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 03:13:27 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Nikola Jokic is a borderline top 20 player. He is the best passing big man in the league. He is a very good rebounder and can shoot threes.

He is easily the best player on a pretty decent Nuggets team.

He is also 22 years old.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 06:58:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is also 22 years old.

So when Tatum is 22 we can visit this in three years?

Nikola Jokic is a borderline top 20 player. He is the best passing big man in the league. He is a very good rebounder and can shoot threes.

He is easily the best player on a pretty decent Nuggets team.

But there is a pretty big flaw in his game.

In this inaugural edition, I took a look at one of the most pressing issues facing the Nuggets this season: Nikola Jokic’s defense. Like with all things regarding Jokic, his defense isn’t always what it appears. Widely regarded as a miserable defender, Jokic ranked 16th among centers in defensive RPM and had a positive defensive box plus-minus and defensive win shares. The Nuggets also defended better with him on the court than with him on the bench, hinting that perhaps he wasn’t the main culprit to Denver’s defensive woes last season.

On the other hand, Jokic clearly isn’t an elite defender. Whatever the advanced stats see in him, five minutes of watching game film reveals a center that is slow-footed and out of position far too often to be a rim protector. Let’s take a closer look at Jokic’s defense in this week’s spotlight.

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/10/4/16414508/denver-nuggets-details-looking-at-nikola-jokics-defense-paul-millsap-golden-state-warriors

Tatum is a good to decent defender for a rookie.