Author Topic: Woj: Randle unlikely to be a Laker after this season  (Read 6207 times)

Re: Woj: Randle unlikely to be a laker after this season
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 08:38:53 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Who is giving up a first-round pick for a year of Julius Randle?
Randle is absolutely worth a 1st round pick.  I don't think he fits very well in Boston, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up Boston's 1st for him under different circumstances.

If Randle can develop a 3pt shot he would be a great stretch 4.  Good energy and length to rebound.  As for a 1st round pick I can see a non lottery pick sent for him.  Especially if it is in the 25+ range.
his D would still be awful so I wouldn't think he'd ever be 'great'.   for that reason, I don't think it's a huge stretch he could fetch a first round up to say #21 from a team looking for a scoring big to make a push for a better playoff position.  Charlotte comes to mind as the type of team that could maybe use him and have a pick in that range (under the assumption that adding him gets them into a top-10 team by season's end which is by no means a sure thing)

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Who is giving up a first-round pick for a year of Julius Randle?
Randle is absolutely worth a 1st round pick.  I don't think he fits very well in Boston, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up Boston's 1st for him under different circumstances.

If Randle can develop a 3pt shot he would be a great stretch 4.  Good energy and length to rebound.  As for a 1st round pick I can see a non lottery pick sent for him.  Especially if it is in the 25+ range.
Ha.  That's like saying "If Andre Drummond can be a better FT shooter..."  oh wait...

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's got a ton of potential still, definitely think he's worth a shot for a team looking to add talent. I doubt the C's are that team but he could end up being a steal if someone signs him to a moderate deal.

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
He's got a ton of potential still, definitely think he's worth a shot for a team looking to add talent. I doubt the C's are that team but he could end up being a steal if someone signs him to a moderate deal.
yeah.  I think he would make a lot of sense of a fringe playoff team that doesn't have many talent upgrade options.  Teams like Charlotte and Portland spring to mind.  He would also make sense on some of the tanking teams light on big man prospects.  The Nets and Hawks come to mind in that regard.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

For sure.  He needs a coach that knows what the heck to do with him also.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Im no coach , but i did not think Randle and Ingram were used in the correct ways or combo s.   It seemed ......Walton has little FEEL for the game .   His substitutions were way slow , he did not react to the flow of the game as a coach.   I felt like the players were aware , Luke was not coaching a thoughtful contest.   Just my .02

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

He also needs to play as hard as he did last night. A whole lot of games he just doesn't have that same fire. I watched him a fair amount early in his career due to him and Marcus being compared to each other that class.

I think watching Bogut get cooked before he even got in the game on a National TV game p---ed him off. A good coach can help a player, but you got to motivate yourself to play hard.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would love Randle here...

He's literally a beefed up Sully, that can pass better, and is far more aggressive in my book.

He also needs to play as hard as he did last night. A whole lot of games he just doesn't have that same fire. I watched him a fair amount early in his career due to him and Marcus being compared to each other that class.

I think watching Bogut get cooked before he even got in the game on a National TV game p---ed him off. A good coach can help a player, but you got to motivate yourself to play hard.

Randle would love to play with Smart. They could both benefit from each other.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 10:57:28 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Why do I have a feeling that any team that would want to trade for Julius Randle would have to take on Luol Deng's salary as well?

I feel like this is the move the Lakers would do. We (LA) give you a solid prospect, but you have to take one of our bad contracts with him. 

Not sure if we are in a position to do this, as interesting as it is to see Randle here.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 11:06:53 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Why do I have a feeling that any team that would want to trade for Julius Randle would have to take on Luol Deng's salary as well?

I feel like this is the move the Lakers would do. We (LA) give you a solid prospect, but you have to take one of our bad contracts with him. 

Not sure if we are in a position to do this, as interesting as it is to see Randle here.

I think the potential that Randle has would be intriguing as well. He's a perfect small ball 5, and if he improves his shot, (FT% hovering around 60-70% good indication,) that he can, and will fit in the modern NBA with his underrated passing, and hulk like body with great speed.

I would certainly be okay with giving up our first round pick, or multitude of 2nd rounders. I doubt any of them will end up better Randle.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:24:06 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

If I'm Danny, I'm not making moves on guys like Smart/Randle until I know how the market values them. I'm not paying role players (albeit good role players) at the top of the market if I don't have to.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
He didn’t want to work out for us pre draft.  No thanks.

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:35 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
He didn’t want to work out for us pre draft.  No thanks.

The Celtics had recently drafted Sullinger and Olynyk. I can see where he was coming from.

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 11:26:00 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Yeah, and this news came up right after a team acquired the best expiring contract in the NBA and released the info that they are wanting to trade it?

Randle + Deng for Monroe.

The Suns get a (nother?) veteran presence. They also get a physical play-making 4 to go with Bender and Chriss.

The Lakers open up more salary for this off-season. Then they just need to off-load Clarkson.

Ideas
Clarkson for Okafor and Stauskas
Clarkson for Pondexter (Bulls) and a heavily protected conditional 2nd
Clarkson for Booker (Nets)
Clarkson for McRoberts, Harris (Mavs)
Clarkson for Favors

They then have room for 3 max contracts, and still have Kuzma, Ball, Nance, Hart, and Ingram. They also have connections to resign Lopez and Bogut for cheap contracts.

Lebron, George, and ???

Things have to go perfectly, but their angle is pretty obvious.

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I really don't see the fit for Randle in Phoenix, especially at the expense of taking on Deng.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip