Author Topic: Woj: Randle unlikely to be a Laker after this season  (Read 6200 times)

Woj: Randle unlikely to be a Laker after this season
« on: November 09, 2017, 03:28:05 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Woj on ESPN Countdown

"One player whose future is very unlikely to continue with the Lakers is Julius Randle. Magic and Rob will be faced with this question: Do they look to trade Randle between now and the trade deadline and get back a 1st round draft pick? Or do they roll the dice and wait until summer when he's a restricted free agent, when they may have to renounce his rights to create space and lose Randle, the #7 from three years ago, for nothing? That's one of the question the Laker's are facing right now."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:43:41 AM by Redz »

Re: Woj: Randle unlikely to be a laker after this season
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
6'9 Tweener PF who is generally pretty poor defensively and can't make threes...

Not sure there is as much demand in the NBA for that sort of player as some might think.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:22:28 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
A year-old broken news.
I used to be slower than Woj.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:26:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He looked furious on the bench before he got into the game.   I see him leaving it is clear LA is trying to hold down his value to make him signable.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
He looked furious on the bench before he got into the game.   I see him leaving it is clear LA is trying to hold down his value to make him signable.
That doesn't make sense.  If they are going to try and sign 2 Max free agents next offseason, they need to move Deng's  lousy contract.   They need Randle to look as good as possible so he'll be a desirable trade asset. 

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 07:31:51 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Who is giving up a first-round pick for a year of Julius Randle?

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
He'll be a restricted free agent so whoever gets him can match any offers.  With the tight market, I don't see him getting a big offer. 

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 07:51:34 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
He'll be a restricted free agent so whoever gets him can match any offers.  With the tight market, I don't see him getting a big offer.

This report reeks of a favor to Randle's agent. Just trying to drive up his value with a shameless Woj bomb. This bomb's a dud!

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Randle's game reminds me of  playing basketball with that guy who doesn't play defense without holding, who wants the ball all the time on offense, and half-asses setting picks.  I watched him when he was matched up against Theis last night and he sure lean on him him a bunch.  A real sour disposition.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 08:08:05 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Randle is absolutely worth a 1st round pick.  I don't think he fits very well in Boston, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up Boston's 1st for him under different circumstances. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 08:08:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Woj on ESPN Countdown

"One player whose future is very unlikely to continue with the Lakers is Julius Randle. Magic and Rob will be faced with this question: Do they look to trade Randle between now and the trade deadline and get back a 1st round draft pick? Or do they roll the dice and wait until summer when he's a restricted free agent, when they may have to renounce his rights to create space and lose Randle, the #7 from three years ago, for nothing? That's one of the question the Laker's are facing right now."

If Randle can get them a real 1st, they should do that trade ASAP.  I can’t see him getting any more than the fake 1st Philly got for Noel.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 08:27:48 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Woj on ESPN Countdown

If Randle can get them a real 1st, they should do that trade ASAP.  I can’t see him getting any more than the fake 1st Philly got for Noel.
IMO the cap space value will increase to a point where that isn't likely at all. Also, a reason why our Smart made a mistake by not taking the deal he was offered. Hard to see him increasing his value while cap space increases its value.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Randle is absolutely worth a 1st round pick.  I don't think he fits very well in Boston, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up Boston's 1st for him under different circumstances.

If Randle can develop a 3pt shot he would be a great stretch 4.  Good energy and length to rebound.  As for a 1st round pick I can see a non lottery pick sent for him.  Especially if it is in the 25+ range.

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 08:36:29 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I think Marcus Smart is unlikely to be a Celtic next season either.

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

That's called the Marcus Smart strategy ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!