Author Topic: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17  (Read 61812 times)

Re: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
2nd concussion in a year for Horford.  That’s very worrisome beyond this week.

wait so al plays NFL in his spare time? How is he getting concussed??
I mean we have replays of the play, he gets knocked on the head pretty hard and is clearly shaken up for a moment. Not sure if we have video of the concussion last year, but it probably exists.

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2017, 03:09:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
NBA's policy on concussions, last I recall, is quite strict also.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2017, 03:13:15 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

I mean we have replays of the play, he gets knocked on the head pretty hard and is clearly shaken up for a moment. Not sure if we have video of the concussion last year, but it probably exists.

Think it was Zeller who hit him last year in the workouts, so I think there's no video.

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2017, 03:21:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Think it was Zeller who hit him last year in the workouts, so I think there's no video.

You don’t think NBA teams film every practice session?

I bet it exists.  Doubt it ever becomes publicly available, because who would care enough.  But I’d be surprised if it weren’t recorded.

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2017, 03:27:38 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

You don’t think NBA teams film every practice session?

I bet it exists.  Doubt it ever becomes publicly available, because who would care enough.  But I’d be surprised if it weren’t recorded.

C'mon man, that's what I thought, no publicly available. Of course they film their workout sessions...

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Next man up.

Morris probably starts next to Baynes in the frontcourt. That keeps some toughness with IQ.

Morris could easily slide over to center this game. Lopez drifts to the perimeter more and more, and he is a terrible rebounder. Morris has the athleticism to check him outside and help on pick-and-rolls, without giving up too much inside. Bogut and Randle aren't scaring me too much either.

Theis could have a big game as well. Hopefully he is ready to shoot the 3 tonight to stretch the floor for our guards.

I'd give Yabu two burns too, one in the early 2nd quarter and one in the late 3rd quarter. Give him 3 minutes. If he plays well, leave him in for a couple extra minutes. If he misses some defensive rotations, pull him.

Still, everyone needs to step up in their defensive rotations and rebounding.

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2017, 03:35:59 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Next man up.

Morris probably starts next to Baynes in the frontcourt. That keeps some toughness with IQ.

Morris could easily slide over to center this game. Lopez drifts to the perimeter more and more, and he is a terrible rebounder. Morris has the athleticism to check him outside and help on pick-and-rolls, without giving up too much inside. Bogut and Randle aren't scaring me too much either.

Theis could have a big game as well. Hopefully he is ready to shoot the 3 tonight to stretch the floor for our guards.

I'd give Yabu two burns too, one in the early 2nd quarter and one in the late 3rd quarter. Give him 3 minutes. If he plays well, leave him in for a couple extra minutes. If he misses some defensive rotations, pull him.

I don’t really see Morris playing any center.  I think Theis will get the backup center minutes, and if need be maybe Yabu because of his bulk. Could be center by committee, but I only see Morris at PF.

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2017, 03:52:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Next man up.

I don’t really see Morris playing any center.  I think Theis will get the backup center minutes, and if need be maybe Yabu because of his bulk. Could be center by committee, but I only see Morris at PF.

I do.  I think Stevens might throw out a Smart-Brown-Tatum-Ojeleye-Morris lineup for a few minutes to see how it looks.  He’s always willing to try weird things, and necessity is the mother of invention.

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2017, 03:58:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Key is defending Lopez.  He is their best player.   Frankly I see Yabu and Semi as best equipped to guard his 3 point shot, while Baynes best option for defending him inside.  Lakers' other shooters are a bit weak from 3, so won't be surprised to see double teams on Lopez in the post.

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Key is defending Lopez.  He is their best player.   Frankly I see Yabu and Semi as best equipped to guard his 3 point shot, while Baynes best option for defending him inside.  Lakers' other shooters are a bit weak from 3, so won't be surprised to see double teams on Lopez in the post.

Hopefully Lonzo Ball will be neutralized. The other problem is stopping Kyle Kuzma, Julius Randle, and Brandon Ingram. If they go off it'll be a tough night.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
55th!

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
fitty six

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Liangelo ordered to stay in China until investigation over. Any chance lonzo mentally not there? Liangelo faces 3 - 10 years in prison

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21334370

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Darn...I'd feel much better about this if Al was available.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
GO CELTICS!!!!!!