Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 27899 times)

Re: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
OK, hornets have hung 67 on cavs in first half.

cavs have no defense and neither do hornets

we have DEFENSE and offense.

we can beat the cavs. depends what IT can do for them and a washed up D rose when he comes back. what i saw of D rose this year i was NOT impressed. Their post season could rely on IT. we will see!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2017, 09:13:11 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Lebron's minutes the last 3 games 36, 40 and 42. He turns 33 in a month. It feels like Lue is already coaching for his job.

But LeBron is a machine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is averaging 17/5/4 in 29mpg at 40 years old.

huge assumption. that is 7 years away. i don't see it happening with his style and all the miles on his body just like KG had at the end. when he gets past 35 it will be downhill for lebron.

Lebron spends summers ‘in the lab’ on the medical industries finest anti-aging regimen. 

He’s got another ten years in the tank, the way science is evolving.

Indeed.  Lance Armstrong (along with his cancer) is the poster child for that kind of "science" and one can only imagine what kind of price he will pay (not merely being stripped of a gold medal) later in life.  It's almost as if guys like that sell their soul to the devil for fame fleeting that is when people find out how they attained their success.  See A-Rod, McGuire, et al.

« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Lebron's minutes the last 3 games 36, 40 and 42. He turns 33 in a month. It feels like Lue is already coaching for his job.

But LeBron is a machine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is averaging 17/5/4 in 29mpg at 40 years old.

huge assumption. that is 7 years away. i don't see it happening with his style and all the miles on his body just like KG had at the end. when he gets past 35 it will be downhill for lebron.

Lebron spends summers ‘in the lab’ on the medical industries finest anti-aging regimen. 

He’s got another ten years in the tank, the way science is evolving.

Indeed.  Lance Armstrong (along with his cancer) is the poster child for that kind of "science" and one can only imagine what kind of price he will pay (not merely being stripped of a gold medal) later in life.  It's almost as if guys like that sell their soul to the devil for fame fleeting that is when people find out how they attained their success.  See A-Rod, McGuire, et al.

oh yeah STEROIDS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
i just loathe kyle korver and his smug face.  >:(
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2017, 09:50:44 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Lebron...oh do I look forward to not hearing the hoops media utter that name every 30 seconds...

On his longevity:  he seems to have expressed (by returning to Cleveland with younger stars in KI and KLove) a desire to have other, younger stars sort of prop him up and carry him along at least for some stretches (my interpretation there), but in his play, he is always the center of the action and carrying the load.

The questions on his longevity are whether he can be a second or third banana, and eventually role player. (My guess is no).

If he wanted to, barring serious health issue, he could be a stretch 4 until he's 40 and be a 15/10/5 guy in 30 minutes.

« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:50 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
and the hornets collapse in the 4th. maybe the next team can beat the cavs. oh well.I enjoy cavs losing so much. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2017, 03:07:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2017, 03:17:25 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Basically since Derek Rose has been out they've been a vastly better team.

Which lines up nicely with a ton of stats that point to him as being perhaps the worst player in the NBA to get so many minutes this year.

« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2017, 03:49:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Which lines up nicely with a ton of stats that point to him as being perhaps the worst player in the NBA to get so many minutes this year.
Yeah, Shumpert, while a poor ball handler, is a much better defender and while he isn't shooting all that well, is more than capable of hitting an open shot.  Calderon hasn't played much, but he at least isn't a huge drop off from Shumpert offensively or defensively.

Rose is just a bad fit as a starter.  I get why they signed him, but he shouldn't be getting more than 10-15 minutes off the bench (which is what will happen if IT comes back). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2017, 04:04:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yeah, Shumpert, while a poor ball handler, is a much better defender and while he isn't shooting all that well, is more than capable of hitting an open shot.  Calderon hasn't played much, but he at least isn't a huge drop off from Shumpert offensively or defensively.

Rose is just a bad fit as a starter.  I get why they signed him, but he shouldn't be getting more than 10-15 minutes off the bench (which is what will happen if IT comes back).

if they play better with caulderon, why not give those minutes to him? Willing passer, significantly better shooter from 3. They are both awful defensively. I actually don't think it made sense to sign him at all given how bad he is. I imagine if they knew they were getting Wade for sure they probably wouldn't have...