Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68507 times)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Question for the Pro-Trumpers -

If it was Presidents Obama, Bush or even Hillary do you think that THEY would've responded as Pres. Trump did?

IDK...none of them ever had to deal with Lavar.  He's a unique beast.  I would have settled with China by letting them imprison Lavar for life, at our cost (joking).

Still doesn't excuse Trump's behavior.  A President should be above that type of interaction.

lol you don't mean this.

CelticsBlog would miss Lavar Ball...I seriously believe that.

Between the "Smart can't shoot" threads and the like we wouldn't have ANY conversation pieces with Lavar gone.

Lavar is like the Kardashian's, they are people who satiate our penchant for gossip and drama.  But those aren't exactly redeeming traits of our society.

Lavar is a blight on our society, I'd be happy if he just disappeared.  Not saying I want harm to come to him, but he really needs to go away.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

If it was Presidents Obama, Bush or even Hillary do you think that THEY would've responded as Pres. Trump did?

IDK...none of them ever had to deal with Lavar.  He's a unique beast.  I would have settled with China by letting them imprison Lavar for life, at our cost (joking).

Still doesn't excuse Trump's behavior.  A President should be above that type of interaction.

lol you don't mean this.

Between the "Smart can't shoot" threads and the like we wouldn't have ANY conversation pieces with Lavar gone.

Lavar is like the Kardashian's, they are people who satiate our penchant for gossip and drama.  But those aren't exactly redeeming traits of our society.

Lavar is a blight on our society, I'd be happy if he just disappeared.  Not saying I want harm to come to him, but he really needs to go away.
exactly. Any attention is good attention to lavar, whether it’s positive or negative.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Didn't Trump tweet demanding the players should be thanking him before they even had a chance to get to the media and do so. Now he isdemanding the same thing from Lavar.

Trump is such a narcissistic, ego maniac that he constantly needs his ego stroked. Quite embarassing trait for a President. Some other country is definitely going to get the best of him to this country's detriment because of his narcissism.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Why? Because we expect presidents to be "diplomatic" phonies? I find Trump's lack of decorum refreshing.

No, because it's called acting like an adult.

A better way to handle Lavar here would have been to extend him an invitation to have a discussion.  Let the people see the difference between a shameless man and a man with integrity.  Let others point it out for you.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

lol you don't mean this.

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
One thing I have been trying to do is separate Lavar from his sons - it's been difficult with all of the attention Lonzo has gotten on the hated Lakers, but it's not really fair to judge people on their parents.

In this case, the three boys thanked Trump for intervening - that should have been enough. Why Trump had to turn this into a battle with Lavar is beyond me. Trump is embarrassing; not because he is outspoken, but because he is so immature.

And anybody who is still making the argument that Trump saved these boys from 10 years of jail is just not thinking through how the judicial system works. I am not saying they wouldn't have been in trouble or even were forced to serve a short sentence (that still seems ridiculous), but that 10 year # is a maximum sentence. We have many ludicrous maximum sentences in our country that are almost always greatly reduced. With this being such a high profile case, it would have been very surprising if China really pushed this one through.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:51:06 PM by jambr380 »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Why? Because we expect presidents to be "diplomatic" phonies? I find Trump's lack of decorum refreshing.

I don't mind his lack of formality. I get the appeal, but his pettiness is unsettling for a 71 year old. President or not.

That's the kinda thing I used say in middle school when I gave someone a pencil for a test, but they didn't give me the answer to question #4: "Man I should've NEVER given you a pencil!".

Lol like get outta here bruh.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I don't mind his lack of formality. I get the appeal, but his pettiness is unsettling for a 71 year old. President or not.

That's the kinda thing I used say in middle school when I gave someone a pencil for a test, but they didn't give me the answer to question #4: "Man I should've NEVER given you a pencil!".

except he helped out someone's kid from not being locked in a communist country prison for a decade. This is a little different than a pencil in school

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lavar wins again

he baits Trump now....gives his brand/family even more exposure

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I think Lavar could take President Trump...

Put him in a suplex.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

except he helped out someone's kid from not being locked in a communist country prison for a decade. This is a little different than a pencil in school

Thank God that I don't seek the adulation of others for doing my job.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

I don't.  I find it embarrassing in this case, dangerous in others.  Maturity and diplomacy in a complicated world where leaders have big egos, place less value on human life, and have weapons of mass destruction.  I'm not really comforted by a leader who is mindlessly irreverent and psychologically fragile.   But... we just see him differently.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Put him in a suplex.

I don't know

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactionseditor-trump-wrestling-3ohryCNP6uXSqXAoGA

JK

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 208

lol you don't mean this.

exactly. Any attention is good attention to lavar, whether it’s positive or negative.
You could substitute "Trump" for "Lavar" in the two quotes highlighted above and, in my opinion, those would be true as well.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Put him in a suplex.

I don't know

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactionseditor-trump-wrestling-3ohryCNP6uXSqXAoGA

JK

That was HILARIOUS, Sir...as was the one where he was giffed golfing and it hit Hillary..

President Trump is a charismatic man. I "want" to like him but I can't TRUST him, based off of some things he's said.

I want to believe that his heart is in the right place but I don't. Maybe he will prove me wrong one day but I doubt it.