Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68508 times)

Re: LiAngelo Ball arrested in China
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The thought that the Chinese government decided to frame a group of fairly little known American college basketball players for little to no reason other than to effect a meeting between the country's leaders is pretty out there, if not comical. China isn't Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Niger or some other country filled with terror groups. Its a world power with no reason to provoke the United States.

The simple take on this is its ridiculously more likely that a group of immature American teenagers thought they could get away with shoplifting than it is a superpower decided to frame them to effect relationships with Trump and the USA.

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think the Chinese would have a motive for waking up in the morning and just deciding to falsely arrest multiple UCLA athletes.

The motive would be for the Americans to have a good experience there.

If hypothetically the national Chinese ping pong team were to go to Boston do you think the BPD would conspire to arrest three of them falsely for no real reason?

C'mon Eja you know better that's not the same thing.

I simply don't trust this whole situation.

I'd rather for the dust to settle and more information to come out.

Has HUGE potential to be Fake News.

President Trump coined that phrase, not I.

AND speaking of Pres. Trump, whose RIGHT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD..

You have got to be joking with this.

Do you know how irrational you sound?

Get a grip.

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
The thought that the Chinese government decided to frame a group of fairly little known American college basketball players for little to no reason other than to effect a meeting between the country's leaders is pretty out there, if not comical. China isn't Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Niger or some other country filled with terror groups. Its a world power with no reason to provoke the United States.

The simple take on this is its ridiculously more likely that a group of immature American teenagers thought they could get away with shoplifting than it is a superpower decided to frame them to effect relationships with Trump and the USA.

Very glad to see some reason here.

So, they are going to hold LiAngelo Ball and other random college kids hostage for ransom, but Curry and Klay, and all these other stars dont have to worry?

Are some if you even reading what you are typing?

My goodness.

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just because someone was arrested doesn't necessarily mean a crime was committed, right?

That's why I'm skeptical.

I know that most of the blog is rabid Laker haters (As I am) but something here seems fishy.

I absolutely agree with the bolded, but shoplifting seems pretty open and shut in most cases. I guess if law enforcement really did storm the hotel with 20 officers, then that seems a little crazy; however, I really don't [currently] think there is anything to this.

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

So, they are going to hold LiAngelo Ball and other random college kids hostage for ransom, but Curry and Klay, and all these other stars dont have to worry?

My goodness.

Are YOU?

As I stated before - I'm waiting until I see more information out there on this.

And I'm "doubling down", as is the common stance that folks take nowadays.

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 09:35:59 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

My goodness.

Are YOU?

As I stated before - I'm waiting until I see more information out there on this.

Lol wow.

You go ahead and think Trump is somehow behind this.

Just know, you sound just like the fool's who thought Obama was behind every little bad thing that happened.

Seriously.

Makes it difficult to take your opinion on anything seriously.

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I don't think the Chinese would have a motive for waking up in the morning and just deciding to falsely arrest multiple UCLA athletes.

The motive would be for the Americans to have a good experience there.

If hypothetically the national Chinese ping pong team were to go to Boston do you think the BPD would conspire to arrest three of them falsely for no real reason?

C'mon Eja you know better that's not the same thing.

I simply don't trust this whole situation.

I'd rather for the dust to settle and more information to come out.

Has HUGE potential to be Fake News.

President Trump coined that phrase, not I.

AND speaking of Pres. Trump, whose RIGHT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD..

You have got to be joking with this.

Do you know how irrational you sound?

Get a grip.

The SAME Chinese Government that's sponsored Hacking into our computer systems here in America.

I've got QUITE "the grip", if you will.

LOOK - I know that NO country is perfect and I ALSO know that we have had other former NBA players over there as well. These players haven't reportedly gotten into any trouble as far as we know.

When I was in the Navy and overseas in that area, "I" was approached by a foreign agent. I was warned about this prior to going on liberty - as was everyone onboard.

Now - is this the same as what these UCLA players are alleged to be caught up in? No, BUT - let's not assume that everything is crystal clear overseas.

As I've stated before - I'll wait until more information comes out.

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

My goodness.

Are YOU?

Lol wow.

You go ahead and think Trump is somehow behind this.

Just know, you sound just like the fool's who thought Obama was behind every little bad thing that happened.

Seriously.

Makes it difficult to take your opinion on anything seriously.

CelticsElite was the first one to bring up Pres. Trump being in the area.

Why the personal attacks? I know that some here don't respect other POV but I do.

As far as what we've seen here recently in the media with the FBI investigation I'd rather wait until more information comes out.

Why don't you read the ENTIRE thread...

Why would TWENTY Chinese PO's storm a hotel for College Basketball players?

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 09:52:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Like I've stated before - I'll wait until more information comes out.

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Nailed it. TP.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
YIKES.

LiAngelo and the others involved could face between 3-10 years of jail time for this  :o

And especially since it's in a foreign country, this could be disastrous...

And apparently they are setting up some LaVar Ball press conference from China to discuss this... REALLY?!?!  ::)

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/928085944481271808
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 10:22:50 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Breaking the law while in the US....not gonna end well.

Breaking the law while in another country....possibly disasterous. Just about the stupidest thing you can do if you're a US citizen.

Yeah. If they did this, it’s an incredibly bad decision. 

It’s probably antiquated, but I buy into the idea of acting like a guest in a foreign country. Respect their laws and customs and act humble.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 10:27:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Breaking the law while in the US....not gonna end well.

Breaking the law while in another country....possibly disasterous. Just about the stupidest thing you can do if you're a US citizen.

Yeah. If they did this, it’s an incredibly bad decision. 

It’s probably antiquated, but I buy into the idea of acting like a guest in a foreign country. Respect their laws and customs and act humble.

Yes, acting like a good guest everywhere you go is very good advice. Manners get you a long way in this world.

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

My goodness.

Are YOU?

Not to stir the pot but you are not waiting before you offer opinions. You are posting more than anyone on here and definitely not waiting.

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

My goodness.

Are YOU?

Not to stir the pot but you are not waiting before you offer opinions. You are posting more than anyone on here and definitely not waiting.

I am simply responding (or trying to respond) to EVERYONE's posts on here, related to mine. Trying to answer EACH one, as if they were sitting there talking to me in person....as I've always done on here.

"THAT" is why I've posted more in this thread.

I've read this blog over the years (since 2005 or so) and have seen so many posters complain about their posts seemingly being ignored....large volume posters responding ONLY to "OTHER" large volume posters, etc etc.

Cliques.

I don't do cliques in real life nor digitally.

I try to respond to everyone. Don't make this out to be that I'm trying to do something that I'm not.