Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68510 times)

Re: LiAngelo Ball arrested in China
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Im kinda trying to imagine how LaVar is going to try to talk/tweet his way out of this.

"If my kid were actually a shop lifter he'd never have been caught. He'd be the best shop lifter ever."

"I myself shop lifted $2 million dollars of shoes in China once. It's no big deal."

"LiAngelo wouldn't shop lift cause I never showed him how. I prioritized his jumper, which is why he has the best jumper in college ball Day 1"

"The President of China Trump-Li has called me to apologize for all this"

"Ain't never gonna order take out again. #boycottChina #FreeLiAngelo"

"LiAngelo tells me he didn't do it and his friends were just trying to find ways to pay for their text books #payathletes"

"Can't believe I'm gonna have to fly 80 hours nonstop to China to straighten this all out. Is AirForceOne available?"

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Im kinda trying to imagine how LaVar is going to try to talk/tweet his way out of this.

"If my kid were actually a shop lifter he'd never have been caught. He'd be the best shop lifter ever."

"I myself shop lifted $2 million dollars of shoes in China once. It's no big deal."

"LiAngelo wouldn't shop lift cause I never showed him how. I prioritized his jumper, which is why he has the best jumper in college ball Day 1"

"The President of China Trump-Li has called me to apologize for all this"

"Ain't never gonna order take out again. #boycottChina #FreeLiAngelo"

"LiAngelo tells me he didn't do it and his friends were just trying to find ways to pay for their text books #payathletes"

"Can't believe I'm gonna have to fly 80 hours nonstop to China to straighten this all out. Is AirForceOne available?"

i wonder how some his supporters will react if he really does try to tweet his way out of this.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just because someone was arrested doesn't necessarily mean a crime was committed, right?

That's why I'm skeptical.

I know that most of the blog is rabid Laker haters (As I am) but something here seems fishy.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 07:23:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Breaking the law while in the US....not gonna end well.

Breaking the law while in another country....possibly disasterous. Just about the stupidest thing you can do if you're a US citizen.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Just because someone was arrested doesn't necessarily mean a crime was committed, right?

I know that most of the blog is rabid Laker haters (As I am) but something here seems fishy.
What part is fishy, and why?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Did they do it?

I don't know what the disconnect is here, is there proof?

I mean - "I" was pulled over for NO REASON some years ago..did not commit a crime or anything beyond DWB (Driving While Black)...

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 08:13:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Did they do it?

I mean - "I" was pulled over for NO REASON some years ago..did not commit a crime or anything beyond DWB (Driving While Black)...
it's a fair question. Are they being held captive as ransom or for some negotiation purposes? What makes this all potentially fishy IS that President Trump is headed to china later today after he leaves Korea to meet with President Xi.  I wonder if they held captive high  profile American athletes  for some other reason like extortion with Trump (like Iran did to obama.)

President trump was already long planning to visit China, the arrests have nothing to do with his visit. But it makes you wonder if china did it to discuss some ransom deal
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:20:10 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 08:14:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
So, from what I gather from the video clip I just saw...

"20 Chinese PO's storm the team's hotel, did not allow ANY coaches in, interrogated these players for several hours".....

Yeah - seems fishy.

I'm not saying that they are innocent, but I am ALSO saying that I'm questioning their guilt.

Is there ANY proof? Video proof?

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 08:18:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Did they do it?

it's a fair question. Are they being held captive as ransom or for some negotiation purposes? What makes this all potentially fishy IS that President Trump is headed to china later today after he leaves Korea to meet with President Xi.  I wonder if they held captive high  profile American athletes  for some other reason

So much this, TP.

I hardly trust ANYTHING at face value nowadays.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 08:19:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

"20 Chinese PO's storm the team's hotel, did not allow ANY coaches in, interrogated the these players for several hours".....

Yeah - seems fishy.

I'm not saying that they are innocent, but I am ALSO saying that I'm questioning their guilt.

also, what was stolen that required 20 officers. And if they had proof, why were multiple people being questioned? You'd think with hard evidence like surveillance video they wouldn't need to question anyone and just take the suspects

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 08:24:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

"20 Chinese PO's storm the team's hotel, did not allow ANY coaches in, interrogated the these players for several hours".....

Yeah - seems fishy.

also, what was stolen that required 20 officers. And if they had proof, why were multiple people being questioned? You'd think with hard evidence like surveillance video they wouldn't need to question anyone and just take the suspects

Yes.

This whole thing smells fishy...like a big mouth bass - fishy.

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't think the Chinese would have a motive for waking up in the morning and just deciding to falsely arrest multiple UCLA athletes.

The motive would be for the Americans to have a good experience there.

If hypothetically the national Chinese ping pong team were to go to Boston do you think the BPD would conspire to arrest three of them falsely for no real reason?

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I don't think the Chinese would have a motive for waking up in the morning and just deciding to falsely arrest multiple UCLA athletes.

If hypothetically the national Chinese ping pong team were to go to Boston do you think the BPD would conspire to arrest three of them falsely for no real reason?

C'mon Eja you know better that's not the same thing.

I simply don't trust this whole situation.

I'd rather for the dust to settle and more information to come out.

Has HUGE potential to be Fake News.

President Trump coined that phrase, not I.

AND speaking of Pres. Trump, whose RIGHT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD..

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

There are so many US basketball players over there in Chinese basketball leagues and teams playing exhibition games and all that. A false arrest would muck that all up. If players think they will be falsely imprisoned if they go play basketball in China that would seem to be bad for China.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How stupid must you really be to shoplift in a foreign country?

And how biased must you really be to think this is some sort of plot against these kids?

Just sad, all around.