Author Topic: Player Discussion: Jayson Tatum thread  (Read 8467 times)

Re: Player Discussion: Jayson Tatum thread
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 10:26:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tatum upsets me a lot. TAKE KVER THE GAME TATUM! Why is he so scared? Smart is the worse offensive player in NBA history but has the confidence of Kobe. If Tatum stops playing scared and puts up 20 shots a game, I'll be happy.

Its better Tatum is not forcing it

With Duke, it was evident he had to... And he didnt look comfortable at times

That team didnt have a legit pg, Giles was barely standing. Tatum had to do alot. 

CBS and this find the open man Celts offense has been good for Jayson. And his passing skills, 3 pt shooting.... Surprising.

Sweet jump shot stroke. 

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This drive in against 2 guys...and around Cody Zeller... Dr. J like? Crazy....at 55 sec

https://youtu.be/9zLJKGf2y_0

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Tatum upsets me a lot. TAKE KVER THE GAME TATUM! Why is he so scared? Smart is the worse offensive player in NBA history but has the confidence of Kobe. If Tatum stops playing scared and puts up 20 shots a game, I'll be happy.

Team ball dude.  He's playing within the system, and I see no sign that he's scared.  And we're playing winning basketball.  Would you rather he take 20 shots and we lose?

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Last thing I want Tatum to do is to take over the game Smart-style. Eeek.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Same . But i bet he does a better job

What are the chances Tatum grows another inch or two by the end of this season? 

Is it me or does he look taller than 6'8?  looks like has a longer wingspan than 6'11

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Same . But i bet he does a better job

What are the chances Tatum grows another inch or two by the end of this season? 

Is it me or does he look taller than 6'8?  looks like has a longer wingspan than 6'11

I'll just throw this out there ...

Lebron James averaged 19, 5, 5, 2, and 1 per 36 his rookie year on 42, 29, 75 shooting.
Durant averaged 21, 5, 3, 1, 1 per 36 his rookie year on 43, 29, 87 shooting.
Tatum is averaging 17, 7, 2, 1, 1 per 36 his rookie year on 50, 50, 83 shooting.

He's 19. Even the best in the game didn't "take over the game" when they were rookies on terrible teams that needed them to score.

Edit: The Celtics thought he'd grow another inch or two because his growth plates hadn't closed. His wingspan has always looked bigger than 6'11'', but I wouldn't say its as big as Giannis 7'4''. Somewhere in the middle.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Edit: The Celtics thought he'd grow another inch or two because his growth plates hadn't closed. His wingspan has always looked bigger than 6'11'', but I wouldn't say its as big as Giannis 7'4''. Somewhere in the middle.

Growth plates?  I haven't heard of this before. How is this tested

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 02:55:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I can;'t stop looking at this drive .    1 vs 3

Sooner or later players will need to back off...then he can hit the jump shot. 

thank you Celtics Gods. thank you Brooklyn Nets.   i hope you guys win alot of games this season ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vihg465SMds

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Watching the games he looks bigger than 6'8, and I remember there was a thread on here during the summer talking about Brown growing an inch.  Brown had said he was 6'8 now and Tatum is taller than brown.

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Watching the games he looks bigger than 6'8, and I remember there was a thread on here during the summer talking about Brown growing an inch.  Brown had said he was 6'8 now and Tatum is taller than brown.

So for the season opener, my girl and I were the game's AMEX courtside seats upgrade and it was a fun time.  Anyway, we were sitting 2nd row courtside and so I got the best view possible of peoples' heights between plays.  There was one time when Tatum and Baynes were standing next to each other, and Tatum couldn't have been more than an inch or so shorter than Baynes (from the top of his head, not the top of his man bun).
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Not a doctor, but I have heard the term thrown around a bit. From what I gather, the growth plates are at the end of the bone. When a person is not finished growing, they tend to be softer.

But I could be talking out of my butt.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 10:45:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He has the vibe of Klay Thompson to me. The way he can score and play solid defense. Does he hit 40 points in a game this season?
Jayson Tatum is currently 17th in TS% among the 139 players who are qualified for the 3P% leaderboard. He's ahead of Klay Thompson, James Harden and Bradley Beal, just to name a few.

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I watched Tatum a bunch at Duke, and he's gotta be the only player I've ever seen look LONGER against NBA size than D1. It's really amazing how well-suited physically he seems to the game.

He's been incredibly effective in his play too, but I chalk a lot of that up to how well we're using him. He's hasn't made many bad plays, but we put him in few bad situations. His poise and decision making are still very good, but we'll have to see if he can continue when he's shouldering more of the load.

Overall his future looks amazing, his now is extremely useful, and he's in a perfect situation to develop at his own pace. Good times.

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I had a higher opinion of Josh Jackson than Tatum coming out of college. Glad Ainge is calling the shots and not me. Really been impressed by Tatum’s transition to NBA ball. Just feels like he’s going to be a big time scorer. Game looks easy to him.

And he’s only 19.

Wow.

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 02:26:50 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I️ can honestly see Jayson Tatum being an elite two-way player.  He also seems to have the clutch gene.

He is a stud!