Author Topic: Woj + Lowe: Bledsoe to Bucks  (Read 9703 times)

Re: Woj + Lowe: Bledsoe to Bucks
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I wonder if Monroe will get cut.  I think he would be great in Boston after clearing waivers.

I still prefer Okafor over Monroe ...but there are no indications yet he will be cut .. Still puzzled by this trade as PHX is packed in front court

Its probably more about the 1st and getting an expiring contract.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Wow, really like this move for Milwaukee. They're going to be a really tough out.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 10:45:55 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Kidd has the opportunity to develop a unique lineup once Parker is healthy.  Imagine a crunch time lineup of Bledsoe, Brogdon, Middleton, Parker, and Giannis.  There's enough length and athleticism for it to work in stretches.  It will be interesting to see if Kidd can make it work. 

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 10:51:04 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Woj says it's for Monroe and a 1st. Bucks keep Brogdon as a backup/2 PG lineup guy. Good deal for them as they didn't seem to have much use for Monroe. Suns with no real leverage to get more for Bledsoe.
Awful deal for my fantasy team though...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wonder if Monroe will get cut.  I think he would be great in Boston after clearing waivers.

I still prefer Okafor over Monroe ...but there are no indications yet he will be cut .. Still puzzled by this trade as PHX is packed in front court

Phoenix is getting a draft pick and not taking on long-term money.  I’m sure they hope to move Monroe for an additional asset, but that will be tricky given Monroe’s salary and the number of contending teams near or in the luxury tax.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Really nice move for the Bucks.

They still need to dump some of their bad deals that they have on the roster to help them build around Giannnis but this is a nice start.

They just didn't have any depth of quality players before, Bledsoe really nice for their system too.

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Good deal for Milwaukee, but it could cost them Jabari Parker in the offseason. Prior to this deal they had enough salary space to match any offer for Parker next summer and stay below the luxury tax.  Accordingly, this would suppress teams from making strong offers for him if ultimately he’d just remain in Milwaukee.  Now if he signs a deal for more than about $13 million in year 1 Milwaukee would need to go into the tax to keep him.

Just something to keep in mind if Parker comes back strong this spring and gets an offer the Bucks don’t match in free agency.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Just something to keep in mind if Parker comes back strong this spring and gets an offer the Bucks don’t match in free agency.
I think they match and then shed salary elsewhere with picks. But that's painful too, especially since they are giving up a pick for Bledsoe.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:17 AM »

• Paul Silas
Good deal for Milwaukee, but it could cost them Jabari Parker in the offseason. Prior to this deal they had enough salary space to match any offer for Parker next summer and stay below the luxury tax.  Accordingly, this would suppress teams from making strong offers for him if ultimately he’d just remain in Milwaukee.  Now if he signs a deal for more than about $13 million in year 1 Milwaukee would need to go into the tax to keep him.

This is a great point. Does this mean the Bucks are planning to move on from Parker? They already have a loaded front court.

I mean, will Parker get a near max from the Hawks or the Bulls? If I were them, I'd consider it. I don't think the Bucks would match.

How easy is it going to be to move a contract? Is anyone gonna want Henson? Dellavadova? Snell? They just had to trade a 1st to get Bledsoe. Are they gonna trade their 2020 pick too? Are 2nd round picks gonna be enough to move those contracts?

Teletovic might have some value, but they NEED him to spread the floor.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I think they match and then shed salary elsewhere with picks. But that's painful too, especially since they are giving up a pick for Bledsoe.

Exactly.  And given the ratio of teams looking to shed salary with the number of teams that will have the cap space to take it on, someone is going to be left with some hot potato contracts. We’ll see what happens in July (Parker still has to play well enough to entice teams to offer him a major deal), but acquiring Bledsoe may have some long-term costs that aren’t currently apparent.

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Assuming we wouldn't have to pay his salary, I greatly prefer Monroe, he's shown he can contribute and be willing to accept a bench role on a playoff team.

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »

• Paul Silas

Exactly.  And given the ratio of teams looking to shed salary with the number of teams that will have the cap space to take it on, someone is going to be left with some hot potato contracts. We’ll see what happens in July (Parker still has to play well enough to entice teams to offer him a major deal), but acquiring Bledsoe may have some long-term costs that aren’t currently apparent.

I mean, they could move Middleton for sure. Maybe they like the Bledsoe-Brogdon-Parker-Giannis-Maker lineup. If Parker doesn't look good this season, Middleton takes his spot and they let Parker walk.

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I mean, they could move Middleton for sure. Maybe they like the Bledsoe-Brogdon-Parker-Giannis-Maker lineup. If Parker doesn't look good this season, Middleton takes his spot and they let Parker walk.

Middleton arguably is their second best player.  He's not going anywhere.

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »

• Paul Silas

Middleton arguably is their second best player.  He's not going anywhere.

I would agree. I'm not saying they should trade him, just that he is probably the only one on their team they could trade this off-season to make room for Parker.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

The Bucks issue is that they need more overall talent around Giannis and I'm betting their front office thinks that Jabari living up to his potential/talent is their best chance to get that elite talent.