Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Now Shooting Left Handed  (Read 4638 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Now Shooting Left Handed
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 06:14:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I would not be happy about this, but does it kinda’ seem like we are in the beginning of a 30 for 30 documentary on what happened to Markelle Fultz right now?

It does. This is one of the more bizarre situations I can recall following the NBA....

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
maybe he fell and bumped his head ?
ive honestly given the thought that fultz has some sort of serious mental issue.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 06:45:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I wonder if Danny passing on him had any effect on his confidence. Since he was drafted, it's almost as if someone took his basketball abilities, like the Nerdlucks in the Looney Tunes movie Space Jam. He amazingly went from the consensus number 1 pick (except with Danny), and would probably not get drafted at all, if they redid the draft today. I don't ever recall seeing anything like this happen so quickly. Almost reminds me of the former St Louis Cardinals pitcher Rick Ankiel, who completely couldn't throw a pitch again during the middle of a playoff game. Ankiel was destined for greatness, and in the blink of an eye, his pitching career was over.

That is a ridiculous overstatement.  He would still get drafted if they redid it today

Hell, Harry Giles got picked at #20, but you think the guy that almost everyone liked at #1 is gonna drop entirely out of the draft due to a shoulder injury and 4 games?  Come on.
The issue is not with the bolded statement, but the notion that DA ruined his confidence.  It’s actually the other way around. Fultz already lacked confidence and that’s part fo the reason DA didn’t draft him.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I would not be happy about this, but does it kinda’ seem like we are in the beginning of a 30 for 30 documentary on what happened to Markelle Fultz right now?

It does. This is one of the more bizarre situations I can recall following the NBA....
Our own 2.0 Parish/McHale trade for the 1st pick in the draft!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 07:29:45 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
He's shooting left handed because he's not cleared medically to shoot with his right.

In other news, Gordon Hayward is shooting from a chair.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 07:31:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

They hid him for half a season, last year in college.   Could this have been bothering him some then?   I read somewhere he shot poorly during his visit with us.  Did the 76ers get conned?

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
ive honestly given the thought that fultz has some sort of serious mental issue.

He probably has low self esteem. I wonder if the Sixers have mental health coaches?

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

He probably has low self esteem. I wonder if the Sixers have mental health coaches?

number one pick anxiety syndrome......  he needs meds

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 09:24:48 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

Yeah but could you imagine Tatum having this problem? Ainge probably saw it. Between fultz and Tatum, Tatum has way more pressure. He's playing as a starter on a top tier team in the greatest basketball city in the country. fultz is in a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.hole that is used to losing.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 10:01:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Yeah but could you imagine Tatum having this problem? Ainge probably saw it. Between fultz and Tatum, Tatum has way more pressure. He's playing as a starter on a top tier team in the greatest basketball city in the country. fultz is in a ****hole that is used to losing.
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/215989654741200897

True but I've imagined it before. Remember Ainge giving Royce White a draft promise? Lol the rockets saved us  from that one

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

Yeah but could you imagine Tatum having this problem? Ainge probably saw it. Between fultz and Tatum, Tatum has way more pressure. He's playing as a starter on a top tier team in the greatest basketball city in the country. fultz is in a ****hole that is used to losing.

True but I've imagined it before. Remember Ainge giving Royce White a draft promise? Lol the rockets saved us  from that one

Lol yeah. We'll see if Fultz can rebound but I think you're right that he has some kind of mental disorder. He went to the wrong team for that. I have no clue how your number 1 pick is not your development priority. How does the GM and coach have no clue what is happening with him?

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 10:21:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Lol yeah. We'll see if Fultz can rebound but I think you're right that he has some kind of mental disorder. He went to the wrong team for that. I have no clue how your number 1 pick is not your development priority. How does the GM and coach have no clue what is happening with him?
team is a train wreck. Look at disgruntled okafor wanting to play and they permanently bench hum so they can play hardball in trade discussions instead of buying him out

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 10:30:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I understand that Markelle Fultz schadenfreude is all the rage around here, but honestly, people. Settle down. Players do stuff like this all the time. He's hurt and he's practicing with his other hand.

Are we worried that Gordon Hayward is going to mess up his shooting range by shooting from a wheelchair? The very idea is ridiculous.

I think it's an embarrassment to the Philly media, actually, that their members either do not know this, or know it but seem intent on perpetuating the "Fultz is a head case" narrative, or some combination of the two.

Also: Larry Bird shot left-handed for an entire NBA game, for reasons that are arguably sillier than any Fultz could have. It did not seem to derail his career.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
It's not just about shooting left handed. I have some questions:

• Why is he still injured?
  • shouldn't he be doing basketball drills that don't involve lifting his right shoulder and have purpose?
  • Why do his training team and the Sixers have different statements on virtually everything?
  • If he couldn't lift his shoulder, why didn't he tell anyone? If he did, why does that person still have a job?
  • Why did the coach continue to send him out to play in games without getting a clear answer on why he shoots free throws like a shot put?

I think it's some combination of usual Sixers negligence and mental disorder. He needs help.

Oh, and when Gordy is 2 weeks away from playing in an NBA game and still shooting from a chair, I'll be on his ass just as hard.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:05:09 PM by Erik »

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:01 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
It's not just about shooting left handed. I have some questions:

• Why is he still injured?
  • shouldn't he be doing basketball drills that don't involve lifting his right shoulder and have purpose?
  • Why do his training team and the Sixers have different statements on virtually everything?
  • If he couldn't lift his shoulder, why didn't he tell anyone? If he did, why does that person still have a job?
  • Why did the coach continue to send him out to play in games without getting a clear answer on why he shoots free throws like a shot put?

I think it's some combination of usual Sixers negligence and mental disorder. He needs help.

Oh, and when Gordy is 2 weeks away from playing in an NBA game and still shooting from a chair, I'll be on his ass just as hard.

You're reading way too much into this.  He has an injured R. shoulder.