Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Now Shooting Left Handed  (Read 4640 times)

Markelle Fultz Now Shooting Left Handed
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Markelle Fultz Now Shooting Left Handed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:50:12 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
If Fultz is serious about this then it proves that Philly is lacking true leadership within the organization.  The kid is going to develop awful habits even if he switches back to his original form.  It's safe to assume that he is having some major confidence issues that aren't being addressed properly.  I can't imagine CBS allowing anything like this to happen.

Hopefully he is just messing around in practice.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 02:56:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Eh, it's not uncommon to work on your weak hand when you're unable to play with an injury to your shooting hand.  Highly doubt he's planning to start jabbing southpaw.  Though it would be pretty cool in an absurd way.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:07:29 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
It will be a great piece one day, the whole story behind the Celts evaluation, draft day, the trade, the injury or no injury, or injury but a mental one, you can't make these things up. Crazy turn after another.
Untill then we are sitting with Tatum.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:13:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
At this point I would have picked DSJ and even Ntilikina over Fultz. Doesn’t matter about theoretical fit with Simmons. Fultz fits horrible with him so far anyways

Thx for the lotto pick Sixers

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Eh, it's not uncommon to work on your weak hand when you're unable to play with an injury to your shooting hand.  Highly doubt he's planning to start jabbing southpaw.  Though it would be pretty cool in an absurd way.

I don't see why. Seems like it would mess up your regular shot to do that.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 04:24:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
somehow this is connected to flat earth.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 04:59:46 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I wonder if Danny passing on him had any effect on his confidence. Since he was drafted, it's almost as if someone took his basketball abilities, like the Nerdlucks in the Looney Tunes movie Space Jam. He amazingly went from the consensus number 1 pick (except with Danny), and would probably not get drafted at all, if they redid the draft today. I don't ever recall seeing anything like this happen so quickly. Almost reminds me of the former St Louis Cardinals pitcher Rick Ankiel, who completely couldn't throw a pitch again during the middle of a playoff game. Ankiel was destined for greatness, and in the blink of an eye, his pitching career was over.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 05:08:19 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

I don't see why. Seems like it would mess up your regular shot to do that.

Why would it do that?   It really shouldn't have any such negative effect.   From a training perspective, taking off-hand jump shots can force you to slow down and focus on your footwork and body fundamentals during the shot.   'Coach way back when used to make us do them to stop shooting with our arms only.  Because without using your legs, it's really difficult to get the darn ball even close to the rim with your off-hand for most folks.

I think the only thing to read into this is that it adds more confirmation that his right shoulder probably is, indeed, injured.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 05:17:27 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I wonder if Danny passing on him had any effect on his confidence. Since he was drafted, it's almost as if someone took his basketball abilities, like the Nerdlucks in the Looney Tunes movie Space Jam. He amazingly went from the consensus number 1 pick (except with Danny), and would probably not get drafted at all, if they redid the draft today. I don't ever recall seeing anything like this happen so quickly. Almost reminds me of the former St Louis Cardinals pitcher Rick Ankiel, who completely couldn't throw a pitch again during the middle of a playoff game. Ankiel was destined for greatness, and in the blink of an eye, his pitching career was over.

That is a ridiculous overstatement.  He would still get drafted if they redid it today

Hell, Harry Giles got picked at #20, but you think the guy that almost everyone liked at #1 is gonna drop entirely out of the draft due to a shoulder injury and 4 games?  Come on.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Reminds me of a guy who changed shooting hand depending on the side of the court (same way footballers change shooting foot depending on the side of the court).

He was by far the best shooter I knew (still is) and had convinced me back then (some 20 years ago) that was the proper way to do it... Took me some days to fully realize it would never work out.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 05:39:09 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Yeah, I could see dribbling exercises and finishing around the rim, but taking jumpers? There would be no reason whatsoever to practice them left-handed.

Kid seems lost mentally right now.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

That is a ridiculous overstatement.  He would still get drafted if they redid it today

Hell, Harry Giles got picked at #20, but you think the guy that almost everyone liked at #1 is gonna drop entirely out of the draft due to a shoulder injury and 4 games?  Come on.

Yeah Obviously he would be drafted... maybe somewhere late lotto. I think Tatum would go #1. The world has seen that Fultz is not NBA ready. They're using a fake injury to reset public opinion.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I would not be happy about this, but does it kinda’ seem like we are in the beginning of a 30 for 30 documentary on what happened to Markelle Fultz right now?

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 06:00:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
maybe he fell and bumped his head ?