Author Topic: Jayson Tatum!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!  (Read 10227 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
It's ridiculously enjoyable to watch him keep reaching into his bag of tricks with new stuff on a daily basis.  Brown too. 

Yup

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The kid reminds me so much of Pierce. He isn’t athletic, yet at just 19 he often gets the shot he wants. From a monitor or a desk he looks unathletic, but guarding him is a nightmare. The same was said about Pierce for a decade until he raised the Larry O’Brien trophy.

I really liked the rest of your post but WHAT

Kid is super athletic for his size. He just isn't a unicorn athlete like porzingis or giannis.

https://streamable.com/8p7hw

https://streamable.com/rlkji
Yeah, JT is definitely athletic. He's considerably more explosive than Pierce, but not nearly as strong. Pierce was a beefy 6'6" and 230, whereas Tatum is basically a 6'9" (or so it looks, at least), and about 220.

Worlds apart IMO

Pierce doesn’t get enough credit sometimes for how athletic he was in his younger days. Probably similar to Tatum that not uber elite but a pretty good athlete with really good body control and footwork. Tatum is just so long that helps him. I think Ainge called Tatum recently an average NBA athlete. I don’t buy that. At least above average to really good just like Pierce and will have sneaky great dunks on people from time to time.

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
19....19....19....Doesn't turn 20 til March.

So much potential---even if he stays at this level for 10 years, I'd be happy.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
At some point this year, or maybe next, Tatum is going to miss a free throw or two at the end of the game.  I hope people don't say he choked under the pressure because he has been money on every end game free throw so far this year.  The guy can handle pressure but eventually the odds are going to catch up to him and he will miss one.

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2017, 06:13:22 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
The number one reason I bought NBA league pass. Those dunks were to legit to quit. I see Semi and Yabu growing too we will be scary with Heyward. Celtics and Sixers like the good old days.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek