Author Topic: Lamar Odom collapses in L.A night club (Video)  (Read 5634 times)

Lamar Odom collapses in L.A night club (Video)
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:33:50 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/05/lamar-odom-collapses-at-la-nightclub/

I really feel for this guy, seems like he hasn't overcome his demons. I remember when he was still at the Lakers the NBA did a feature on him, on why he was called the candy man https://youtu.be/AdioWBJZ2EA. So I feel like he's genetically predisposed to addiction. Listening to a recent interview with Mitch Kupchak he said that Lamar took the news of the failed attempt to trade him and Pau Gasol for Chris Paul the hardest he'd seen in his GM career, and this seems like it may have been the tipping point for him...very sad, looks like this story will only have one conclusion.

Re: Lamar Odom collapses in L.A night club (Video)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:45:55 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Very sad.  He was a heck of a player, also seemed like a good guy.  I always felt for Delonte West, too. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 05:02:21 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Very sad.  He was a heck of a player, also seemed like a good guy.  I always felt for Delonte West, too.

Yes extremely sad, if I was him you need to get away from L.A party scene as it's toxic for most, let alone someone with addiction issues.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:55:23 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Really sad. He seems to understand that he has a real problem (his player's tribune article is a hart breaker) but someone in that situation needs support and I don't think he has the right people around him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:06:46 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I know I should feel sorry for him, but he’s got enough resources to open and fully staff a treatment facility. Unlike most addicts, he’s got access to the best care, no waiting lists, stable housing, and money in the bank.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 08:13:06 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Meh hard to feel sorry for a grown man who has had the opportunities hes had in life.
ok fine

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 08:17:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I know I should feel sorry for him, but he’s got enough resources to open and fully staff a treatment facility. Unlike most addicts, he’s got access to the best care, no waiting lists, stable housing, and money in the bank.
Yep.  But he's not mentally content unless he has a serious buzz from one thing or another.  Hopefully he doesn't go out like Layne Staley, Michael Jackson, Prince, or any of the other rich people able to afford great care.  I don't think it matters.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am of the similar stance. The cursed thing is, I am not that sure that some people around him want what is best for him, but what is best for them. And the task is too great for him to solve it purely by himself.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 08:38:05 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Didn't his son tragically die? Jeesh, I'd love to know the secret for just "getting over" that. I guess buying and staffing yourself a treatment facility does it, though? Good to know.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Apparently he's an addict and an adult but if he's ever sober, why would he go to a strip club and drink for several hours and expect anything different?  I mean , why put yourself in these situations when you are sober?  Money and brains are not mutually inclusive.  Why go window shopping if you can't buy?

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 09:27:13 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Apparently he's an addict and an adult but if he's ever sober, why would he go to a strip club and drink for several hours and expect anything different?  I mean , why put yourself in these situations when you are sober?  Money and brains are not mutually inclusive.  Why go window shopping if you can't buy?
Yeah, that's the thing about being an addict. You do things that are harmful even though you know they're harmful.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 09:39:40 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Obviously because he’s not sober and didn’t want to drink at home.

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64

Didn't his son tragically die? Jeesh, I'd love to know the secret for just "getting over" that. I guess buying and staffing yourself a treatment facility does it, though? Good to know.

Yes, his son died from SIDS. Hard to believe how callous people are toward any suffering human, but especially in a situation like his.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yes, his son died from SIDS. Hard to believe how callous people are toward any suffering human, but especially in a situation like his.

People have tragedies every day. I can have empathy toward losing a child, while still condemning his decision not to seek help.  His son died 11 years ago. Is that loss a permanent excuse?

Literally tens of millions of people have it worse than Odom. If he chooses to kill himself, so be it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
addicts on worry about one thing . 

rich or poor