Author Topic: Why is Kyrie not being discussed as part of the Cavs' problems?  (Read 3956 times)

Re: Why is Kyrie not being discussed as part of the Cavs' problems?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 12:49:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Cavs don't need kyrie ,  all Lebron has to do is bring it every nght ,  Score 57 points ....play 40 minutes .    He has never been injured so he should be fine to play full bore every night for the next seven or eight seasons,

But when IT comes back , he will score 30 points , 10  assist per game .  Kyrie who ?

With the incredible coaching savy of Lue and the greatest player on the planet ,   no one should worry about Cleveland .

Is this serious or are you being sarcastic? Lebron will set career highs every night till he is 40? iT will get 30 and 10? I really hope you are joking

Why would he be joking, he's spot on.

Wade might rise from the ashes and start averaging 20 a game from here on out.

And Korver, Wade, Rose and IT will play more motivated defense come 2nd half of the season.
The last time I saw a flying pig was at a Pink Floyd concert.

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The Irving trade will have a major negative impact on Cleveland's season. LeBron has gone to the Finals for seven straight seasons, so he has logged a ton of minutes. During that time, he has had two reliable all star caliber players by his side to help take the pressure off of performing every game during the regular season. He has been used to being able to sit out games during the season to help rest for the playoff push. This season, he may be able to rest for less games, just so Cleveland can try to be a 4 seed. He may be physically and mentally drained by the time the Eastern Conference finals rolls around, if he even makes it that far. I'm sure getting IT back will help, but there will also be chemistry issues along the way when IT first comes back.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:09 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
If I'm not mistaken, the cavs defense is killing them.  That's not about Kyrie.

Rose and wade have been leagues worse than Kyrie on defense this season. Kyrie was very lazy and not good on there, but seemed liked he could kick into a gear for a stop when they needed it. Wade and rose don't have any gear to kick into
By all accounts Kyrie was a terrible defender.  How much more terribler can rose be?  I have a hard time believing that this explanation is the reason.  Nor is it the explanation that people think about when saying the cavs might miss Kyrie.

They have routinely been giving up 120 points to lottery teams. Until Thompson was hurt a game go their front court was the same. So it would stand to reason their historically bad guard defense is from the new faces?

I agree, Kyrie kicked it into gear when he closed out golden state on both ends of the floor to win the Championship.