Author Topic: Why is Kyrie not being discussed as part of the Cavs' problems?  (Read 3957 times)

Re: Why is Kyrie not being discussed as part of the Cavs' problems?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 12:50:47 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Cavs don't need kyrie ,  all Lebron has to do is bring it every nght ,  Score 57 points ....play 40 minutes .    He has never been injured so he should be fine to play full bore every night for the next seven or eight seasons,

But when IT comes back , he will score 30 points , 10  assist per game .  Kyrie who ?

With the incredible coaching savy of Lue and the greatest player on the planet ,   no one should worry about Cleveland .

Is this serious or are you being sarcastic? Lebron will set career highs every night till he is 40? iT will get 30 and 10? I really hope you are joking

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Cavs don't need kyrie ,  all Lebron has to do is bring it every nght ,  Score 57 points ....play 40 minutes .    He has never been injured so he should be fine to play full bore every night for the next seven or eight seasons,

But when IT comes back , he will score 30 points , 10  assist per game .  Kyrie who ?

With the incredible coaching savy of Lue and the greatest player on the planet ,   no one should worry about Cleveland .

Rightttttt.......i see what you're doing here ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:07:45 PM by miraclejohan »
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I am so thankful Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland and came to us.  I mean its like a miracle.

Even without Hayward I expect the C's to make the finals.

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
If I'm not mistaken, the cavs defense is killing them.  That's not about Kyrie.

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe it's just me...but I haven't heard anyone talk about how losing Kyrie via trade has also contributed to the Cavs' current disarray. Like, yes, IT is hurt, Thompson is hurt, Lue is indecisive and/or experimenting with lineups, but somehow the narrative is still "Lebron is amazing, so they should be the best team in the East."  What?  They lost Kyrie Irving.  How does this not factor in to the discussion?  Losing him has infinitely more impact than IT being hurt. Lebron, in all his greatness, will never be as good as Lebron AND Kyrie Irving.

It might be a nice underscoring of what Kyrie was sick of.  And probably why he's going to love being the Man in Boston.  Oh, and Stevens has him playing D.  Take that, Lebron.

It is being discussed and it is one big part of the problem

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Rose and wade have been leagues worse than Kyrie on defense this season. Kyrie was very lazy and not good on there, but seemed liked he could kick into a gear for a stop when they needed it. Wade and rose don't have any gear to kick into

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Rose and wade have been leagues worse than Kyrie on defense this season. Kyrie was very lazy and not good on there, but seemed liked he could kick into a gear for a stop when they needed it. Wade and rose don't have any gear to kick into
By all accounts Kyrie was a terrible defender.  How much more terribler can rose be?  I have a hard time believing that this explanation is the reason.  Nor is it the explanation that people think about when saying the cavs might miss Kyrie.

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 05:32:36 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

By all accounts Kyrie was a terrible defender.  How much more terribler can rose be?  I have a hard time believing that this explanation is the reason.  Nor is it the explanation that people think about when saying the cavs might miss Kyrie.

They have routinely been giving up 120 points to lottery teams. Until Thompson was hurt a game go their front court was the same. So it would stand to reason their historically bad guard defense is from the new faces?

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I think the obvious time to bring that up would be after they get IT back and the Cavs continue struggling.

Until then, we have to wonder how they will look with IT.  He was, after all, the player involved in the trade who had the best season last year.

They're not going to get Boston IT production out of him. The share of the ball that he has and the coaching he has will not allow him to do that.

That situation is evident with Love and Crowder. Guys who thrive in a ball-movement, and two man offense where they get lots of touches, have been reverted to spot up shooters.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Seems like some missed the sarcasm in a certain post or I mistook it as such.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:58 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The only player they traded Irving for that is actually playing for the Cavs is Crowder, and Crowder has been terrible this season.  Of course they are worse.  But Pho is right, you can't really gauge the trade until Thomas is back.  If they use the BKN pick to bring someone in that also will alter the effect how the trade is perceived. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, until IT comes back, they have a giant hole at PG.

There are other issues, though, like defense, coaching, energy, and chemistry.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This Cavs team was clearly intended to beat teams with offense, especially in the regular season.

Isaiah's absence is a big deal in that regard, because Rose and Wade probably hurt the offense as often as they help it, at this point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 11:52:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think what people are saying is that Wade, Rose, and Crowder should have been able to make up for a decent portion of what they lost in Kyrie. And, since Kyrie was apparently not much of a defender in seasons past, the lack of D from Wade and Rose shouldn't really matter.

Basically, what seems to have happened here, is that Kyrie was considerably more important than he was given credit for. I understand that the addition of IT will help, but the damage should be mitigated with the [free] additions of Wade, Rose, and Crowder.

I will hold off my judgment for another 10-15 games, though - it is still way too early in the season.

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

Is this serious or are you being sarcastic? Lebron will set career highs every night till he is 40? iT will get 30 and 10? I really hope you are joking

Why would he be joking, he's spot on.

Wade might rise from the ashes and start averaging 20 a game from here on out.

And Korver, Wade, Rose and IT will play more motivated defense come 2nd half of the season.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller