Poll

If you had to choose, who stays?

Terry Rozier
58 (42.6%)
Marcus Smart
78 (57.4%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Author Topic: Keep Smart or Rozier (merged threads) Poll  (Read 28554 times)

Re: If it came down to it who would you pick: Rozier or Smart?(Poll)
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Smart all day every day.

Who is more reliable on offense?
Smart. You can rely on him to miss every time, while Rozier can occasionally make a shot. :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: If it came down to it who would you pick: Rozier or Smart?(Poll)
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The real question should be
Baynes or Smart
Now that's a hard one
Baynes easily

Re: Keep Smart or Rozier (merged threads) Poll
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Preferring Rozier or Baynes to Smart is just plain irrational. Madness.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2017, 07:14:50 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Preferring Rozier or Baynes to Smart is just plain irrational. Madness.
No it's not. Smart leaving the team is addition by subtraction right now. Baynes has been huge for this team

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2017, 07:47:29 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Smart leaving the team is addition by subtraction right now.

Absurd.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2017, 08:03:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Smart leaving the team is addition by subtraction right now.

Absurd.
We'd never miss him. Not for a minute. 

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
I thought Smart had a nice game last night. Only 2 three-point attempts (he was 1/2) and he was doing a lot of his offensive work closer to the basket. Brad should put the clip of John Collins hurting himself jumping so hard at Smart's pump fake on a loop and project it inside Smart's locker.

Get to the rim, pump fake, get to the line. That should be were Smart makes his living.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I thought Smart had a nice game last night. Only 2 three-point attempts (he was 1/2) and he was doing a lot of his offensive work closer to the basket. Brad should put the clip of John Collins hurting himself jumping so hard at Smart's pump fake on a loop and project it inside Smart's locker.

Get to the rim, pump fake, get to the line. That should be were Smart makes his living.

And distributing. He has an advanced feel for passing, especially in the pick and roll. The problem is that his bad shots take away opportunities for him to use his best ability.

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:34 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

And distributing. He has an advanced feel for passing, especially in the pick and roll. The problem is that his bad shots take away opportunities for him to use his best ability.
Yep. Here's the clip of Smart finding Tatum open in the corner with a bullet pass out of the pick and role in the clutch.

https://youtu.be/6OVAhUlJ4os?t=2m12s
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
It's just not as simple as Rozier vs Smart for me.

We also have to consider Baynes next season and Morris after that.

A deep playoff run puts all 4 in line for a nice contract and I don't see any of them easily replaced.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Yep. Here's the clip of Smart finding Tatum open in the corner with a bullet pass out of the pick and role in the clutch.

https://youtu.be/6OVAhUlJ4os?t=2m12s

It was a great look. It didn't hit him in the numbers, but many of those cross court passes from Smart do.

I wish he would take the attitude of Rondo out there. I wish he would only shoot when he had a wide open layup, or an occassional spot-up three. Other than that, I wish he would just look to pass all the time. He is actually really good at setting others up and running the pick-and-roll.

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

So you would tell Brad to ask Marcus to take fewer threes? And what do you think Brad would say in return? He's the guy who lets Smart take five threes a game. He's the head coach. What do you think his reasons are?

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I do choose Smart, but I just don't understand his wish to make plays when he's on the court with whether Irving or Rozier. He desperately wants to be a playmaker in some minutes of the game and he does it terribly (lose ball, bad shots, bad passes...). All other parts of his role in lineup are fine except this. Man, let them make plays and organize our offense, just stop torching the ball. He's great at setting screens, even using missmatches on him which is good and he does it good. Most of his turnovers and bad passes are just unnecessary. I like Smart a lot, but Brad should just not let him hug the ball that much.

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I like Smart a lot, but Brad should just not let him hug the ball that much.

What do you think Brad would tell you if you told him that?

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2017, 02:52:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

So you would tell Brad to ask Marcus to take fewer threes? And what do you think Brad would say in return? He's the guy who lets Smart take five threes a game. He's the head coach. What do you think his reasons are?
Probably the same reasons someone let Toine jack up a ridiculous amount of threes he couldn't make