Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Keep Smart or Rozier (merged threads) Poll

(1/52) > >>

slightly biased bias fan:
Given we are going into deep luxury tax very soon, if we had to choose between Rozier and Smart as our future 6th man, who is your pick? Each brings something different to the table as Rozier is more about instant offence, going 100 mph on both ends of the court. Smart is a jack of all trades who is more calculating on offence with a better passing game but lacks a consistent shot, but is a pit bull on defence and cultural leader.

I guess it comes down to financial expense and which is better at leading the second unit, personally I am very torn as i feel Rozier would make the better 6th man but Smart's all round defensive play may be huge come the playoff and when Tatum eventually returns to the bench next season Smart's weakness may be less glaring.

wayupnorth:
That is one tough choice. Glad I trust Danny.

jpotter33:
Well, Smart is playing himself into an affordable contract with his lack of improvement offensively, so I'd still say him. I think his elite defense, better passing and playmaking, and higher BBIQ are more valuable to us long-term than Rozier's better shooting and scoring, especially once Hayward gets back.

blink:
I know Terry has improved a lot.  Hopefully he keeps improving.  But right now I would have to say keep Smart.  He impacts winning too much.  He has the knack for making the big play when the game is on the line.  He is still a better def player than Terry.

I will say if Terry keeps improving, and he can learn to utilize his speed better on D, and not have as many lost moments when he is switching on D this might become a really difficult decision.

slightly biased bias fan:

--- Quote from: blink on November 04, 2017, 01:52:29 AM ---I know Terry has improved a lot.  Hopefully he keeps improving.  But right now I would have to say keep Smart.  He impacts winning too much.  He has the knack for making the big play when the game is on the line.  He is still a better def player than Terry.

I will say if Terry keeps improving, and he can learn to utilize his speed better on D, and not have as many lost moments when he is switching on D this might become a really difficult decision.

--- End quote ---

I've always been a huge Smart fan but this season has scared me when he admitted that he was over weight and seems to have only lost 14 pounds because it was a contract year, I can't remember a top level player who was overweight for the first 3 years of their career.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version