Who do you take

Simmons
44 (62.9%)
Brown
26 (37.1%)
Other - explain
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Ben Simmons vs Jaylen Brown  (Read 10433 times)

Ben Simmons vs Jaylen Brown
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Who would you take #1 if there was a 2016 draft redo?

I would take Brown...better versatile defender and can shoot the 3 unlike Simmons

Simmons near triple double avg looks impressive ... Its close, but Brown is my choice

Re: Ben Simmons vs Jaylen Brown
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Who would you take #1 if there was a 2016 draft redo?

I would take Brown...better versatile defender and can shoot the 3 unlike Simmons

Simmons near triple double avg looks impressive ... Its close, but Brown is my choice

Prob Simmons, Brown, then everyone else.

I love Brown, but I think that Simmons is a little bit more unique. I wonder how he would work with Kyrie or another top PG.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:16:53 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Simmons

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Simmons.

I'm loving what Jaylen is bringing to the table and have really high hopes for his future with the Celtics but the answer, so far, is definitely Simmons.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Simmons.

I'm loving what Jaylen is bringing to the table and have really high hopes for his future with the Celtics but the answer, so far, is definitely Simmons.

He cant shoot....its the one thing you cant be weak in , in todays NBA

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Simmons--His ball handling skills for his size are special.

I would say that 2nd is a tie between Jaylen and Ingram right about now.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 09:32:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Simmons--His ball handling skills for his size are special.

I would say that 2nd is a tie between Jaylen and Ingram right about now.

Really?

Imo Jaylen is easily ahead

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 09:36:45 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would take Simmons under the assumption that his shot improves. However, if I knew it wouldn't, and he's stuck being this perimeter liability, then I would take Brown. That said, there's no debating that the gap between the two has diminished considerably since they were drafted.

Good topic, Triboy! TP!

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 09:39:45 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I love Brown, but can we stop tarnishing his efforts with this absurdity?

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
I added a poll, but this should pretty clearly be Simmons and it really isn't a question.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Simmons reminds me a lot of Magic when he first came into the league.  the kid could be very special. 

Brown is looking like a clear #2 from that draft at this point which doesn't suck.  He's made strides in his game that I would have to think have surpassed any reasonable expectations of improvement from last year.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Simmons reminds me a lot of Magic when he first came into the league.  the kid could be very special. 

Brown is looking like a clear #2 from that draft at this point which doesn't suck.  He's made strides in his game that I would have to think have surpassed any reasonable expectations of improvement from last year.
Yeah, I was gonna say too, but if he doesn't develop that shot his upside is a taller Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, I was gonna say too, but if he doesn't develop that shot his upside is a taller Rajon Rondo.
for a #1 pick, that wouldn't be particularly good but a Rondo that is even bigger to provide more rebounding and finishing around the basket would be a very good player to have.

Magic didn't have much of an outside shot when he came into the league but he did develop into a decent shooter later in his career.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Simmons improve in that regard.

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Magic was a taller Rondo.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 09:59:39 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

what shot did Magic Johnson develop?  I mean seriously, Magic's last 4 seasons (including 96) he shot above 30%, but that is it and in 2 of those years he was no better than 32%.  And before those last 4 years, his career best was 23.3%.  I get that it was a different era, but Magic was never a great shooter. 

If Simmons never develops a 3 point shot, I don't think it is all that big a deal.  He does however need to shoot a lot better from the line. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip