Author Topic: Celtics (6-2) at Thunder (4-3) Game #9 11/3/17  (Read 52182 times)

Re: Celtics (6-2) at Thunder (4-3) Game #9 11/3/17
« Reply #705 on: November 04, 2017, 12:35:12 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
But without Bradley n Crowder we were supposed to lose out toughness weren't we??????????? Our D would suck without those 2!!!!!! HA....
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #706 on: November 04, 2017, 12:40:05 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Now if the Nets can comeback on the Lakers, that would really top off tonight's win!!!

We’re not getting the Lakers pick  :(

« Reply #707 on: November 04, 2017, 12:41:57 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
This feels nice. So much hope.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #708 on: November 04, 2017, 12:46:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'll be honest, I don't think last year's team pulls off that comeback.

I know they had a lot of comebacks, but they probably could not have come back from this game with the lack of interior strength/rebounding (via Baynes and co.), and with how awful they started (esp. if Isaiah was contained).

Now they have rebounding, bruisers, more scoring options, and a DEEP bench. Kudos to Ainge, he built a great team!  ;D

I agree ,   that team rode IT far as he could take them .   This team is long , lean , tall and mean .  This team is tuffer , taller , longer , and more talented.   

« Reply #709 on: November 04, 2017, 01:03:50 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Now if the Nets can comeback on the Lakers, that would really top off tonight's win!!!

We’re not getting the Lakers pick  :(

Its fine, the Kings suck.

« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2017, 01:16:39 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Who's on a seven game winning streak?

B O S T O N

C E L T I C S

Thanks, I almost forgot who was on the longest winning streak in the NBA!

« Reply #711 on: November 04, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I'll be honest, I don't think last year's team pulls off that comeback.

I know they had a lot of comebacks, but they probably could not have come back from this game with the lack of interior strength/rebounding (via Baynes and co.), and with how awful they started (esp. if Isaiah was contained).

Now they have rebounding, bruisers, more scoring options, and a DEEP bench. Kudos to Ainge, he built a great team!  ;D

you nailed it!!  baynes, smart, brown etc are BRAWLERS! they kept banging on the D end. we have guys who can play both ends and we saw it tonight.

it really helps when your roster is built of two way players!

« Reply #712 on: November 04, 2017, 05:50:57 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Very impressive win, especially after being down 18 and on the verge of breaking our winning streak.

As much as I loved IT and what he did in the 4th quarter last year, I never felt as "comfortable" as I am with Kyrie in that situation : it just seems he can score at will and easily in money time while IT did score too but not as easily, he really worked for his points. We've already come to the point where I feel supremely confident when Kyrie has the ball in the 4th and he definitely looks more comfortable running the offense. I did not like him in Cleveland and wasn't a fan of the trade although I understood the rationale but he's won me over, so far he keeps up on all his promises (even on defense).

I also love "bad" Horford, he couldn't miss from 3 and made huge baskets down the stretch.

« Reply #713 on: November 04, 2017, 08:02:08 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
But without Bradley n Crowder we were supposed to lose out toughness weren't we??????????? Our D would suck without those 2!!!!!! HA....
Brown is bigger,longer and I feel a more versatile defender than AB.  KI is a much better defender than IT in every area.  Crowder was solid and I liked his defense but Tatum was been outstanding for a rookie and will only get better. This whole team is  filled with good defenders and they are young.  And all this without Hayward. With Morris just getting healthy there should be even more defensive depth on this team. 

« Reply #714 on: November 04, 2017, 08:18:04 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I took my wife to the ER last night and she didn't want to go because she didn't want to miss the Celtics game. I DVR taped it and insured we would watch it after. Lo and behold it was on ESPN and when we were in the room I found the channel on the TV and we watched the entire game in the room. A few yells from the room probably raised a few eyebrows in the ER area but who cares. What a GREAT win. When she came back from the CT scan it was halftime and we were down 18. It was looking bleak and a HUGE comeback. Al & Kyrie were special. I will give a little pass on Jaylen and the free throws since he was nearly concussed with the blow(s) to the head but man Jaylen you need to practice.

« Reply #715 on: November 04, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

avery was a good defender but brown has already passed him as a better overall player. we have a bulldog in smart and pitbull in baynes. doberman pinscher in theis. and Brown is slowly turning into a rottweiler. we do not lack BITE!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #716 on: November 04, 2017, 08:19:44 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Who's on a seven game winning streak?

B O S T O N

C E L T I C S

Thanks, I almost forgot who was on the longest winning streak in the NBA!

You are quite welcome brother! ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #717 on: November 04, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
But without Bradley n Crowder we were supposed to lose out toughness weren't we??????????? Our D would suck without those 2!!!!!! HA.

I knew Baynes would resolve some of this matter.   I worried about Brown guarding SG's but he has done very well.   Horford folks is a very tough player who never gets riled up or gives up.

Jaylen and Tatum have really stepped up.   Our length and athleticism is good now it was not in the past.

« Reply #718 on: November 04, 2017, 08:29:26 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

avery was a good defender but brown has already passed him as a better overall player. we have a bulldog in smart and pitbull in baynes. doberman pinscher in theis. and Brown is slowly turning into a rottweiler. we do not lack BITE!

Well this just needs a full team breed breakdown now..

Marcus - Staffordshire Bull
Kyrie - Maybe Maltese showdog with tricks??

I think Horford is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, or a Labrador

Not sure about the Theis comp above

Jaylen is a good Rottweiler.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #719 on: November 04, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Reading the soft comments is kinda funny now. This team is nowhere near as soft as last year.

Cut ties with KO, Tyler Zeller, J Jerebko, Jae Crowder (phony tough), James Young, Demetrious Jackson, and Amir Johnson

Bring in Baynes, Semi, Tatum, Theis, Nader, Larkin, Morris, Bird

This team is way tougher. Way way way tougher. No pony tails any more.