Author Topic: Brazile: Hillary and DNC Rigged the process against Bernie  (Read 1972 times)

Re: CONFIRMED: Hillary and DNC Rigged the election
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 09:31:16 PM »

Online CelticD

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 98
  • Forever LIT
I've only been eligible to vote for this past election and was criticized by most of my colleagues at work for refusing to vote for either candidate.

The fact is, the majority of Americans are not qualified to cast an educated vote, and it's no fault of their own. Politicians get on a stage and just call each other liars with no real-time fact checking, so we're forced to trust biased news outlets to let us know who's right and who's wrong.

There's also very little accountability once you actually get in office, and you're not mandated to follow through with any of your campaign promises.

Then on top of all that, these politicians are bought out and are being legally bribed by large corporations that have the right to anonymity despite vicariously running the country through the president.

There's corruption at every level, yet I get accused of being "part of the problem" if I don't cast a vote. LOL. this is exactly why I'll never vote for the national election in this country. The most I'd vote for is my local community board members.

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 755
voting for Hilary because one hates Trump or voting for Trump because one hate Hilary imo is a bad strategy.
huh.

so the good way to do it is to not vote? Waste your vote on Evan McMullin(sp?).

I voted for Gary Johnson
I suppose most votes are symbolic anyway.

Thought about voting for Gary Johnson, but I honestly think he would have been worse than Clinton or Trump.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 09:43:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 935
I've only been eligible to vote for this past election and was criticized by most of my colleagues at work for refusing to vote for either candidate.

They were some bad candidates.

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald

The fact is, the majority of Americans are not qualified to cast an educated vote, and it's no fault of their own. Politicians get on a stage and just call each other liars with no real-time fact checking, so we're forced to trust biased news outlets to let us know who's right and who's wrong.
I agree with this. I consider myself more or less politically incompetent.
There's also very little accountability once you actually get in office, and you're not mandated to follow through with any of your campaign promises.
Heres where you lose me. You dont vote in national elections and then moan about a lack of accountability? you are the accountability.

Your candidate doesnt follow through, s/he loses your support in 2, 4, or 6 years.

Then on top of all that, these politicians are bought out and are being legally bribed by large corporations that have the right to anonymity despite vicariously running the country through the president.
eh whatever. Corporations have freedom of speach to. Campaign finance should probably be reformed but its an unsolvable/really really difficult problem imo.

There's corruption at every level, yet I get accused of being "part of the problem" if I don't cast a vote. LOL. this is exactly why I'll never vote for the national election in this country. The most I'd vote for is my local community board members.
I dont see the LOL. You sure as hell arent part of the solution.

Young people historically dont vote because they feel that their vote doesnt matter, or they dont care whos in office or they think the system is bad or whatever, but because of that a huge block of voters stay home and allow all the **** they moan about to continue.

You have some agency in our democracy and you waste it.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 226

I totally get it. I've felt the same way.

It seemed silly when Bush/Gore campaign slogans were compassionate conservatism vs practical idealism. I mean, what's the difference. And that's without even getting into the corruption.

Then the '00's happened. For all the bologna on all sides, I couldn't convince myself that one piece of political slime was the same as the other and so it didn't really matter. It mattered. The result was a prez with a score to settle (i.e. "they tried to kill my dad.") and an excuse to send scores of thousands to one unnecessary war, and one that was soft-peddled as not involving much in the way of ground troops.  The other guy would have surrounded himself with different people and in all likelihood made  different decisions.

And broadly speaking, there are different approaches to social and tax policy that make a difference to the individual lived experience of regular folk. We're seeing that with health care and taxes.

So I vote. Yes, often holding my nose.

But I just can't pretend it doesn't matter. People get killed in places nobody's heard of for gods sake.

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 09:56:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald

I totally get it. I've felt the same way.

It seemed silly when Bush/Gore campaign slogans were compassionate conservatism vs practical idealism. I mean, what's the difference. And that's without even getting into the corruption.

Then the '00's happened. For all the bologna on all sides, I couldn't convince myself that one piece of political slime was the same as the other and so it didn't really matter. It mattered. The result was a prez with a score to settle (i.e. "they tried to kill my dad.") and an excuse to send scores of thousands to one unnecessary war, and one that was soft-peddled as not involving much in the way of ground troops.  The other guy would have surrounded himself with different people and in all likelihood made  different decisions.

And broadly speaking, there are different approaches to social and tax policy that make a difference to the individual lived experience of regular folk. We're seeing that with health care and taxes.

So I vote. Yes, often holding my nose.

But I just can't pretend it doesn't matter. People get killed in places nobody's heard of for gods sake.
Well put. Tommy Point for a much better take on this than mine.

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

Online CelticD

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 98
  • Forever LIT

Heres where you lose me. You dont vote in national elections and then moan about a lack of accountability? you are the accountability.

Your candidate doesnt follow through, s/he loses your support in 2, 4, or 6 years.

eh whatever. Corporations have freedom of speach to. Campaign finance should probably be reformed but its an unsolvable/really really difficult problem imo.

Young people historically dont vote because they feel that their vote doesnt matter, or they dont care whos in office or they think the system is bad or whatever, but because of that a huge block of voters stay home and allow all the **** they moan about to continue.

If my candidate doesn't follow through, they lose my support in 2, 4, or 6 years. Then what? All that means is I go through the same circus again of having 2 people call each other liars on a stage, so I can once again make an uninformed decision? Pass.

It's funny because we've been voting all this time and THIS is where we are in this country? So now the solution is to keep voting? No, the whole political system needs to be upheaved and reformed, but why would it be? It's a centuries old system that keeps a handful of people in power.

Like I said, I'm voting for people who directly affect the neighborhood I'm living in. I refuse to participate in this circus we call a democracy but is really a republic which is really just the rich and powerful.

If you want to continue to do so, I won't knock you, but don't knock me for refusing to take part in it.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 10:17:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2382

If my candidate doesn't follow through, they lose my support in 2, 4, or 6 years. Then what? All that means is I go through the same circus again of having 2 people call each other liars on a stage, so I can once again make an uninformed decision? Pass.

It's funny because we've been voting all this time and THIS is where we are in this country? So now the solution is to keep voting? No, the whole political system needs to be upheaved and reformed, but why would it be? It's a centuries old system that keeps a handful of people in power.

Like I said, I'm voting for people who directly affect the neighborhood I'm living in. I refuse to participate in this circus we call a democracy but is really a republic which is really just the rich and powerful.

If you want to continue to do so, I won't knock you, but don't knock me for refusing to take part in it.

I get what you are saying but this is STILL the best country in the world..I believe that.

I've been to others in my Navy career and I've always looked forward to coming back home.

My advice to YOU is to not get so disolutioned in the process - no matter how bothered you are of it.

As concerned as I am about things here I am thankful to be an American. And I vote.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald

It is absolutely your right not to vote.

I still dont get your refusal to vote in national elections. Those elections effect you. Not voting isnt really a form of protest. Youve just decided that because your dont have much agency, you will sacrifice it altogether. Doesnt make sense to me.

It is your right. Im just saying that this is consistent with historical trends of young people not showing up to the polls and thus their interests not being represented proportionately. Id say the odds are good that in 20 years, you head to those polls. 

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 10:39:08 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Nothing new to me I was Bernie or bust.

Anyone paying attention knew.

DNC is already getting ready to rig the next one.

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 10:40:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2291
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Iím glad Iíll never have to deal with Hilary Clinton as a presidential candidate ever again, and I hope DNC leadership will right the boat, because the stakes could not be higher.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 83
sounds like real fake news.

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 10:51:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5149
I am really not surprised as most primary elections can get petty and dirty due to the most lack of set rules in determining who becomes a party's candidate. You can become a party's candidate without ever receiving a primary or caucus vote. Yes, that is possible.

In a shady way, Hillary secured the nomination before any votes were cast. It isn't surprising and doubt it is even unique. Hillary is scum, but I am not sure she did anything illegal...just dirty.

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 11:02:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2382
I am really not surprised as most primary elections can get petty and dirty due to the most lack of set rules in determining who becomes a party's candidate. You can become a party's candidate without ever receiving a primary or caucus vote. Yes, that is possible.

In a shady way, Hillary secured the nomination before any votes were cast. It isn't surprising and doubt it is even unique. Hillary is scum, but I am not sure she did anything illegal...just dirty.

Mrs. Clinton had a LOT on her plate.

While I really don't understand the "dirty" characterizations and other claims about her I believe that there was a certain sect of America that was NOT going to vote for her because she's a woman.

She seemed awfully qualified, to me.

Not saying YOU, Nick, but unfortunately she had the Democrat's knock against her, she had Putin against her for her comments (and political meddling?) about Russia a few years ago, the Republicans kept bringing up Benghazi, the emails and even - shamefully - the Lewinski thing.

AND - like I stated above - some were NOT going to vote for her because she is a woman.

I honestly felt sorry for her.

I thought she deserved a shot. Just my two cents.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 11:03:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
There's some hyperbole going on but the DNC is clearly rotten, and the sooner they're rid of the Clinton camp the better. Including Brazile. Yet another reason why I'll never identify as a member of any party no matter how odious I find one of them to be.

The only reason I don't want to see both parties burned to the ground is because whatever replaces them is likely to be worse.