Poll

Al Horford: Is now a good time to sell high?

Yes
3 (3.6%)
No
78 (94%)
Maybe So
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Al Horford: Is now a good time to sell high?  (Read 15528 times)

Re: Al Horford: Is now a good time to sell high?
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Back to the OP's idea, I also think the C's should look to sell high, which is why I think they should trade Jayson Tatum. He's young with an attractive contract and he's played well. We can definitely get a future asset for him.

And on the subject of future assets, the Lakers/Kings pick is looking pretty valuable, we should sell high on that as well and get an asset that will convey even farther in the future.

This is NBA basketball, any time you have anything good, it should immediately be traded away.

I thought nothing could be worse than the OP. I was mistaken.

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2017, 11:39:36 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Back to the OP's idea, I also think the C's should look to sell high, which is why I think they should trade Jayson Tatum. He's young with an attractive contract and he's played well. We can definitely get a future asset for him.

And on the subject of future assets, the Lakers/Kings pick is looking pretty valuable, we should sell high on that as well and get an asset that will convey even farther in the future.

This is NBA basketball, any time you have anything good, it should immediately be traded away.

Its called sarcasm.

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Its called sarcasm.

True dat.

I'm telling you guys, I think it might be a good idea to trade away Isaiah Thomas. I know it sounds radical but I don't think he's performing at a very high level right now.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Not sure why there is an assumption that I would vote yes on this hypothetical question.

Face it, it was a stupid question lol.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2017, 10:51:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

The forums need to have a sarcasm font...  :P

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2017, 03:07:19 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I realize you're joking, but obviously there is a big difference between Tatum and Horford. If you just go by age and contract and pretend we're in a video game instead of the real world, it's not a crazy thought to think maybe selling high a 31 year-old making the max would objectively be a good strategy. The problem is, in reality trading Horford would be a huge blow mentally to the team, send the wrong message to players around the league about our franchise, and set us back at a time when the East looks wide open.

I happen to think Horford will age well and continue to play well the last two years of his deal, making dealing him not a necessity. However, if his contract is needed for a deal involving someone on the level of an Anthony Davis, then maybe I think all Celtics fans would have to think long and hard.

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2017, 05:26:50 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I remember seeing that David Cronenberg movie about people who get turned on by car accidents.

This thread is funnier, more abstract/ridiculous and more strange. TPs all round.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2017, 12:06:02 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL

« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2017, 12:09:43 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
ok fine

« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2017, 12:11:44 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
ANTHONY DAVIS!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2017, 12:12:54 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
 8)

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2017, 12:14:07 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2017, 12:44:09 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
No. He has a lot more to offer than the numbers anyone runs.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2017, 12:47:12 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
It would have to be the right player of course but I'd be comfortable with doing so. As well as he's been playing, he's not untouchable for me.

I don't buy into the idea that the C's would look like an evil franchise for trading away their first big free agent acquisition either. People will get over it. Like does anybody remember how Dwight Howard signed a 3-year deal with his hometown ATL Hawks two offseasons ago and then was literally traded the very next offseason?

Nah me niether.

Edit: I voted maybe so. Come at me.  8) 8)

For the record...I still feel this way  8)

« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2017, 01:03:50 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
It would have to be the right player of course but I'd be comfortable with doing so. As well as he's been playing, he's not untouchable for me.

I don't buy into the idea that the C's would look like an evil franchise for trading away their first big free agent acquisition either. People will get over it. Like does anybody remember how Dwight Howard signed a 3-year deal with his hometown ATL Hawks two offseasons ago and then was literally traded the very next offseason?

Nah me niether.

Edit: I voted maybe so. Come at me.  8) 8)

For the record...I still feel this way  8)

your vote and the other three that voted one with you and two similar to you actually serve a purpose. I wonder if you can 'figure' it out. #middlefinger