Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 27930 times)

Re: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2017, 12:47:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Lebron's minutes the last 3 games 36, 40 and 42. He turns 33 in a month. It feels like Lue is already coaching for his job.

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:13 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Lebron's minutes the last 3 games 36, 40 and 42. He turns 33 in a month. It feels like Lue is already coaching for his job.

But LeBron is a machine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is averaging 17/5/4 in 29mpg at 40 years old.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2017, 01:44:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

But LeBron is a machine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is averaging 17/5/4 in 29mpg at 40 years old.

as good as Kobe was at scoring, even father time caught up to him, I suspect LeBron will be the same. When LeBron hits 36-37, there's probably going to be an injury here and there that will hit him hard like Kobe's achilles

not that I'm wishing pain upon him but I doubt by 40 he has any left in the tank to average 17/5/4, although it'd be very amazing to see him do that though

« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2017, 01:52:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

as good as Kobe was at scoring, even father time caught up to him, I suspect LeBron will be the same. When LeBron hits 36-37, there's probably going to be an injury here and there that will hit him hard like Kobe's achilles

not that I'm wishing pain upon him but I doubt by 40 he has any left in the tank to average 17/5/4, although it'd be very amazing to see him do that though

Yea. In a sport like baseball or football it seems like it is more possible to have such a high performer at 40. Aside from 7 foot centers like Duncan or Kareem (who obviously are a different animal) the last guy to be that effective at that age was Karl Malone. He averaging 20 points a game at 39. However, I would argue it was even easier to do that in 2002 than it is now given how the top teams move the ball and space the floor making it impossible to not run more on defense.

« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2017, 02:10:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yea. In a sport like baseball or football it seems like it is more possible to have such a high performer at 40. Aside from 7 foot centers like Duncan or Kareem (who obviously are a different animal) the last guy to be that effective at that age was Karl Malone. He averaging 20 points a game at 39. However, I would argue it was even easier to do that in 2002 than it is now given how the top teams move the ball and space the floor making it impossible to not run more on defense.
I don't know if it was easier back then, but physically Karl Malone is the closest comparison to Lebron James of all of the all time greats.  James is obviously more athletic and plays the game more athletic, so he will probably be more prone to injuries (and he has missed way more games than Malone has), but I wouldn't be overly surprised to see James have Malone like success at a very advanced age though in fewer games played (i.e. I could see Lebron playing 65-70 games at age 39 and scoring 20 a night). 

Also, as a point of clarification, in 02-03 at the age of 39 Jordan averaged 20 after averaging 22.9 the year before.  Now I get that MJ had a lot more rest than your average 39 year old, but he was still performing at a solid enough level as an old man. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

huge assumption. that is 7 years away. i don't see it happening with his style and all the miles on his body just like KG had at the end. when he gets past 35 it will be downhill for lebron.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
hornets playing cavs tough so far.  jae is back starting. wade and korver and green coming off bench. rose still hurt.  shumpert, JR smith, lebaby, jae and love starting.  hope hornets can keep it close and pull it out at the end. Yes i am scouting this team.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
i also assume tristan thompson is still hurt also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2017, 08:48:36 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
hornets playing cavs tough so far.  jae is back starting. wade and korver and green coming off bench. rose still hurt.  shumpert, JR smith, lebaby, jae and love starting.  hope hornets can keep it close and pull it out at the end. Yes i am scouting this team.

Keeping it close and pulling it out in the end, huh...

Not the best game plan...in a whole variety of situations.

« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

huge assumption. that is 7 years away. i don't see it happening with his style and all the miles on his body just like KG had at the end. when he gets past 35 it will be downhill for lebron.

Lebron spends summers ‘in the lab’ on the medical industries finest anti-aging regimen. 

He’s got another ten years in the tank, the way science is evolving.

« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:23 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Lebron spends summers ‘in the lab’ on the medical industries finest anti-aging regimen. 

He’s got another ten years in the tank, the way science is evolving.

Wait...........so now it is not just 40! it is 43??  LOL.........come on man. NOBODY AND I REPEAT

NOBODY BEATS FATHER TIME. The other side of 35 is when guys start going downhill and many fast.  He ain't playing 10 more years. he ain't playing 7 more years AT THIS CURRENT LEVEL. I will bet money on it. Sure he could play longer if he stays healthy and avoid injuries but NOT at the same level.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:32 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Keeping it close and pulling it out in the end, huh...

Not the best game plan...in a whole variety of situations.

So you don't think lebaby can come from way behind? LOL just hope the cavs lose. BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS! hah

I am trying to be realistic.you expect the hornets to beat them by 30? LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2017, 09:02:51 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
LEBRON MELTING DOWN.. U BIG CRYBABY....MELT! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

somebody needs to stuff his locker in bawstin with tissue next time.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2017, 09:03:36 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

exactly he may play til 40 but not at this level. watch when he hits 36 or 37.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

exactly he may play til 40 but not at this level. watch when he hits 36 or 37.

Sure hope so.  I hate his game.   Glorified AAU hero ball, if you ask me