Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 27910 times)

Re: Cavs lose 5 of their last 6 games
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:07 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If IT isn't good to go when he returns they are cooked. Pretty crazy to think they're entire season hinges on someone coming off a hip injury.

IT4 gonna get cooked on the defensive end. Expose this fraud and you're all set.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2017, 12:45:11 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
If IT isn't good to go when he returns they are cooked. Pretty crazy to think they're entire season hinges on someone coming off a hip injury.

IT4 gonna get cooked on the defensive end. Expose this fraud and you're all set.

I absolutely love Isaiah, but Kyrie will take him to school one on one, when be doesn't have Avery, Marcus,  and Al to cover for him.

Crowder, Smith, and Thompson just isn't q
quite the same.

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:16 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

IT4 will make a mockery of Kyrie's new defensive prowess, too.  Goes both ways, home skillet.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2017, 01:28:56 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Who would have known that losing Hayward for the year would hurt the Cavs so much?

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:46 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

IT4 will make a mockery of Kyrie's new defensive prowess, too.  Goes both ways, home skillet.
I tend to doubt it. Firstoff, Irving seems to be a much better defender than Thomas. Second, we are much better equipped to hide Kyrie than Cle is to hide Thomas.

Shumpert and Smith are the only competent guard defenders on that team and Cleveland is desperate to get rid of Shump and Smith looks like the wheels have fallen off.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2017, 01:34:01 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I tend to doubt it. Firstoff, Irving seems to be a much better defender than Thomas. Second, we are much better equipped to hide Kyrie than Cle is to hide Thomas.

Shumpert and Smith are the only competent guard defenders on that team and Cleveland is desperate to get rid of Shump and Smith looks like the wheels have fallen off.

Firstoff isn't a word.  Secondoff, Kyrie has been a much better defender since coming to Boston -- in the regular season, where top teams could not be making it any more obvious how little these games actually matter.  That definitely does not make him a good defender. 

CLE's reign over the East may be finally coming to an end though, as I think you're alluding.

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2017, 01:38:51 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Firstoff isn't a word.  Secondoff, Kyrie has been a much better defender since coming to Boston -- in the regular season, where top teams could not be making it any more obvious how little these games actually matter.  That definitely does not make him a good defender. 

CLE's reign over the East may be finally coming to an end though, as I think you're alluding.

And he D’d up and outplayed Curry in the 16 finals the Cavs won, so now he can play D anytime.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2017, 01:43:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

And he D’d up and outplayed Curry in the 16 finals the Cavs won, so now he can play D anytime.

Alrighty then.  Defensive guru, Kyrie Irving.  Start placing your bets...

I think he's looked consistently engaged on defense this season.  He also makes good plays on the ball - he's a ball hawker, when he feels like it.  But he has already shown that he can be easily manhandled in the paint.  His lateral movement - probably the most important component of good individual defense -- also generally sucks.  And he's small. 

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2017, 01:46:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah the Cavs problem isn't on offense, while I think IT will help any team if he joins them at his all-star level play I am skeptical Lue can make the hard rotation decisions necessary to make a workable defensive team.

Especially once IT is back, his presence makes your defense bend in ways that are uncomfortable at best.

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I know it will not happen, but just the thought of LBJ and Cavs missing the playoffs improved the taste of my morning coffee.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2017, 08:42:14 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The Cavs problems are for real this season.  This is different than years past, especially because of how good the Warriors are.  I think the Cavs will struggle mentally throughout the entire season and they wont fix the defense.  Deep down LeBron, Love, and Lue have zero faith in their ability to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series.  IT is the only guy who has a slight chance to refocus their group because he is absolutely fearless.

Cleveland still has a decent chance to make the Finals and I'm sure they will temporarily convince themselves that they have a shot.  However none of this matters because the same lingering defensive problems will exist.  LeBron doesn't allow for a "get better every day" culture unless his team has the talent to actually win.

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I kind of want the Cavs to do well so we can knock them out of the playoffs.  Its scary but they might be a lottery team at this point.

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cavs fans ...please ..

" IT ,  save us !"

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2017, 09:13:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I absolutely love Isaiah, but Kyrie will take him to school one on one, when be doesn't have Avery, Marcus,  and Al to cover for him.

quite the same.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the mismatch opportunities that Brad can exploit. If you think Washington took advantage of IT's size, just wait until Brad gets a chance to exploit that matchup with even bigger guards like Brown and Smart or more offensively dynamic guards like Kyrie and Rozier.

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

quite the same.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the mismatch opportunities that Brad can exploit. If you think Washington took advantage of IT's size, just wait until Brad gets a chance to exploit that matchup with even bigger guards like Brown and Smart or more offensively dynamic guards like Kyrie and Rozier.
Yeah. Who the heck is IT going to guard on this Celtic starting lineup?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008