Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 27907 times)

Re: Cavs lose 4 of their last 5 games
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2017, 01:50:20 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm as much a Cavs hater as anyone, and want to see them fall on their face, and can't wait until LeBron is a shell of his former self, but people are throwing dirt on them way too early.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2017, 01:58:57 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 Cavs coach Tyronn Lue called his team's latest loss -- a 114-95 rout at the hands of the New York Knicks -- "unacceptable" as the record dropped to 3-4.

"Tonight's loss and the last couple are unacceptable, and the only way we're going to be able to get out of it is to put the work in -- as players, as coaches," Lue said. "And we're going to do that. ... When you lose to teams the way we've been getting beat, it's unacceptable."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21221379/tyronn-lue-cleveland-cavaliers-rues-new-york-knicks-rout-unacceptable-skid

Team imploding. Wheels on the bus are falling off

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2017, 02:03:50 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Question:

Has any team with playoff aspirations ever opened up a season with a schedule THIS easy and done This badly?

Five of their first seven games have been against lottery bound teams, and they've gone 1-4 in those games - including 20 point blowouts in three of them.

That's bad...not just by Cavs standards, but by ANY standards.
2012 Celtics started 4-8

eventually forced James led heat to 7 games.

Yeah, but did they go 4-8 with 71% of those games played against lottery teams, 60% of THOSE games being 20 point blowouts???

My point here is they haven't just started with a poor record - they started with a poor record against one of the easiest schedules in the entire league.  And they sent just getting beaten by bad teams - they're getting BLOWN OUT by bad teams. And they're doing it night after night.

Normally the first thing if say is "but they made a lot of roster changes, it'll take time for them to build chemistry", plus the fact they they have key guys injured...

But then I look at the Celtics who have turned over about 70% of their roster and are playing without two starters, yet somehow are still rolling.  And against a tougher schedule too.  And at this point I have to say the Cavs really have no excuse.

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2017, 02:18:29 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Cavs coach Tyronn Lue called his team's latest loss -- a 114-95 rout at the hands of the New York Knicks -- "unacceptable" as the record dropped to 3-4.

"Tonight's loss and the last couple are unacceptable, and the only way we're going to be able to get out of it is to put the work in -- as players, as coaches," Lue said. "And we're going to do that. ... When you lose to teams the way we've been getting beat, it's unacceptable."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21221379/tyronn-lue-cleveland-cavaliers-rues-new-york-knicks-rout-unacceptable-skid

Team imploding. Wheels on the bus are falling off

And the "unacceptability" starts with Tyronn Lue. This is Coach LeBron's team not yours lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Cavs lose 3 of their last 4 games
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2017, 03:29:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
^tp.

Ainge made the Cavs worse and Celtics better. Remember espn saying that the Cavs won the trade by a landslide? Lol
Remember that IT is still to come back so the balance of the trade isn't set yet.
That said I'm really impressed with how the team has responded to Hayward going down and by the time he's back we are going to be a very scary team.

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
It is much too early, as many have said, and I know the cream invariably rises to the top. Just over a week ago, with the Hayward injury weakening Boston, many commentators were echoing what they had been saying all off season - GSW V Cavs again.

The more games are played, the more I have my doubts. Knowing you don't write off champions it may be a good time to get better odds while fans are questioning the 'certainty' of that eventuating. I doubt that though, the Cavs have issues and the return of IT may not be the cure. The East is a lot more open than many expected and I think it will continue in that way.

I have greater faith in GSW to climb to the top of the west and dominate but you have to be impressed with a number of other teams. I don't think NBA talent is as thinly spread as some have suggested. A strong draft class and the improvement of other teams and players have improved the league.

While GSW may find it tougher to dominate than expected, I believe they ultimately are still the team you must beat to win the west and that is unlikely to happen (another team beating them). The east is different, the Cavs are vulnerable and the Lebron factor is diminishing, especially with his supporting cast. An injury to Love and the Cavs will struggle more than the Celtics without Hayward. Even in the playoffs there must be questions about Lebrun's ability to carry his team against teams with a greater spread of talent - such as the Celtics.

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
A record under .500, starting lineup changes almost every night... You have to wonder how long this goes on before they replace Lebron as head coach.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2017, 09:04:21 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I saw the game last night. They looked flat, no energy, as that they only need to show un and win. The knicks are a bad team and they won by 20.
They are still figuring their lineups and rotations. The biggest take away for me was LeBron. He just dominated the ball, and was a full time PG, exactly why Kyrie left. Rose can only score, that is it. Crowder showing his real face. Hardway clowned on him. Only a spot up shooter, and 1-5 on the night.
And their back up plan, the nets pick, looks to be in the 7-14 zone right now.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 09:13:18 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Imagine if they fire Lue and bring in a real coach for this season only.

What could a Larry Brown do with this roster?

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:56 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
this team reminds me of miami in lebrons last year when they had maxed out their potential. Cavs have tied up so much money in over the hill vets and average players. by next year, celtics will run the east

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:37 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I also saw the game last night and was delighted to hear Austin Carr, the Cav's human pom-pom, complain that the Cavs "weren't even breathing hard". Of course when the Cavs went on a fourth quarter run to bring the game to within six he collapsed into paroxysms of joy, declaring that the Knicks had suddenly become scared of the Cavs. The Knicks then went on an 8-0 run to put the game away, at which point Austin became more docile.

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
too early to say they're cooked.

let's see how they're doing by the all-star break and/or when IT's back and gotten 10-12 games under his belt.  if they're still struggling at that point, then perhaps they're ripe for the taking in the playoffs.

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2017, 11:00:18 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
There are the proverbial "team going through the motions".  Lethargic & disinterested.  Caught a good portion of the second half last night and the effort just isn't there right now.  Team isn't engaged.

What I don't know yet is if this team has serious flaws or just in cruise control.  They certainly do have some flaws at the moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2017, 12:34:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This is a great quote by Kevin O'Conner at The Ringer: "The Cavs’ personnel have fundamental issues, and their head coach is one of the least innovative minds in the league."

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2017, 12:37:58 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
This is a great quote by Kevin O'Conner at The Ringer: "The Cavs’ personnel have fundamental issues, and their head coach is one of the least innovative minds in the league."

Whoa Kevin!

That was savage!!

Of course, I also feel that Cleveland will still get to the Finals...unless Jay and Jay can somehow go up another level... ;)