Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 27912 times)

Re: Cavs lose 4 of their last 5 games
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
The Cavs will be fine. Much ado about nothing.

Disagree totally, look @ their roster, name me the good defenders , espically on the wing. It’s the  oldest team in the league , Crowder has seriously slipped , played 20 min tonight and did nothing and Wade And Korver played 20 + min and were useless . I’ll take my chances with those 3 playing 20 plus minutes every day of the week. This isn’t the same Cavs team, you think IT is gonna make them a top defensive team, no chance . I like our roster so much better.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2017, 10:55:05 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Question:

Has any team with playoff aspirations ever opened up a season with a schedule THIS easy and done This badly?

Five of their first seven games have been against lottery bound teams, and they've gone 1-4 in those games - including 20 point blowouts in three of them.

That's bad...not just by Cavs standards, but by ANY standards.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:01:20 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 11:06:08 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Disagree totally, look @ their roster, name me the good defenders , espically on the wing. It’s the  oldest team in the league , Crowder has seriously slipped , played 20 min tonight and did nothing and Wade And Korver played 20 + min and were useless . I’ll take my chances with those 3 playing 20 plus minutes every day of the week. This isn’t the same Cavs team, you think IT is gonna make them a top defensive team, no chance . I like our roster so much better.

Oh, I've seen their roster, and it's certainly not impressive, but that's how most of LeBron's Cavs teams have been: LeBron, in recent years Kyrie, and a bunch of old guys and castoffs. Their success in recent seasons is a testament to just how good LeBron is.

They're missing that second go-to scorer right now with IT out, but their current roster isn't really substantially different from those of recent seasons. And I'm not saying they'll finish ahead of Boston in the regular season, but I've learned to never write off a LeBron team until it's been eliminated, and we're far, far from that.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 11:19:50 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

Oh, I've seen their roster, and it's certainly not impressive, but that's how most of LeBron's Cavs teams have been: LeBron, in recent years Kyrie, and a bunch of old guys and castoffs. Their success in recent seasons is a testament to just how good LeBron is.

They're missing that second go-to scorer right now with IT out, but their current roster isn't really substantially different from those of recent seasons. And I'm not saying they'll finish ahead of Boston in the regular season, but I've learned to never write off a LeBron team until it's been eliminated, and we're far, far from that.

I understand your point but things have changed obviously. No Kyrie and LeBron a year older, & what if IT isn’t the same then your relying on those said players and its big trouble. You can only get away with being a poor defensive team for so long. There could be more injuries as well. This Cavs team is not constructed to withstand any of those things in my opinion . Sometimes the well runs dry, and it happens to teams fast, espically old ones.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 11:29:18 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Every time I watch a Cavs game it just seems like they criminally underutilize Kevin Love at all times.

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 11:29:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Question:

Has any team with playoff aspirations ever opened up a season with a schedule THIS easy and done This badly?

Five of their first seven games have been against lottery bound teams, and they've gone 1-4 in those games - including 20 point blowouts in three of them.

2012 Celtics started 4-8

eventually forced James led heat to 7 games.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Every time I watch a Cavs game it just seems like they criminally underutilize Kevin Love at all times.
I honestly forget he exists sometimes

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2017, 11:41:13 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
And if Lebum tweaks an ankle or any injury that keeps him out for just 2 weeks and they might not even make the playoffs...which really puts a smile to my face because im pretty much sick of lebron being the story of the playoffs evwry freaking year...honestly I want them winning 30 games and out of the playoffs by a hairline.

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2017, 11:51:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
And if Lebum tweaks an ankle or any injury that keeps him out for just 2 weeks and they might not even make the playoffs...which really puts a smile to my face because im pretty much sick of lebron being the story of the playoffs evwry freaking year...honestly I want them winning 30 games and out of the playoffs by a hairline.
Lebron could miss over a month and theyd still make the playoffs.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2017, 11:54:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

without Lebron .....Lue coaching and all those old guys ..no IT ...it would be massacre against most teams  .....i would rank them in the bottom 5  teams in NBA .   

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I cannot believe they are only playing Crowder 22 MPG. He needs to be playing more to give to give them some more solid defensive line ups. No reason to be playing Jeff Green so much when Crowder isn't maxed out.

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
They are not a good team. If they expect IT to be a superstar and save them after not playing organized basketball for 6 months they are going to be disappointed

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Question:

2012 Celtics started 4-8

eventually forced James led heat to 7 games.

The lockout season plus Rose getting hurt in the first-round of playoffs, allowing the 76ers to upset the #1 seeded Bulls. Those were some factors that helped the Celtics down the postseason run.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2017, 12:42:31 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I imagine Lebron is looking at barbers and gardners in LA this week

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2017, 12:55:58 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Yikes.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?