Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 28203 times)

Re: Cavs lose 5 of their last 6 games
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2017, 09:10:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Still too early to get happy.

At worst, they'll middle about right around a 6 or 7 seed until Feb, then get a healthy IT back and go on a major roll.

"IF" they get completely healthy and IT has the same effect THERE that he did HERE? They'll be  juggernaut, no doubt.

IT is a charismatic talent and their season is seemingly hinged on whether he makes it back - and I believe he will.

I am genuinely curious if the same people that think Hayward won't be able to help us if he can play in April because of rust think IT is going to come in and play great basketball after 7-8 months without a game. I think it is a bit silly to expect either of them to immediately be a star upon return. I don't think IT will ever quite be the same cause he has such a small margin of error

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2017, 09:17:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Next up for Cavs

Greek Freaky

GO Bucks !

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Next up for Cavs

Greek Freaky

GO Bucks !

Lebron gonna score 50+ pts again.  ;D

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

At worst, they'll middle about right around a 6 or 7 seed until Feb, then get a healthy IT back and go on a major roll.

"IF" they get completely healthy and IT has the same effect THERE that he did HERE? They'll be  juggernaut, no doubt.

IT is a charismatic talent and their season is seemingly hinged on whether he makes it back - and I believe he will.

I am genuinely curious if the same people that think Hayward won't be able to help us if he can play in April because of rust think IT is going to come in and play great basketball after 7-8 months without a game. I think it is a bit silly to expect either of them to immediately be a star upon return. I don't think IT will ever quite be the same cause he has such a small margin of error

Well, we have two separate issues with IT and GH -

Most of us are pretty much reserved to GH being done, with a VERY small hope of him coming back in April.

"IF" we get an 80% healthy (and improving) GH then sure he could come off the bench and be a HUGE help to us.

As for IT? I've never written him off, as some of us have. I caught a glimpse of him on the sideline of the WAS-CLE game (one where LeBron went off), and IT had that SAME Steel-Eyed determination that he had in BOS.

It was eerie.

I knew RIGHT THERE that IT is only waiting on his imminent return.

BOS had better be ready and my guess is that we will.

IT isn't done, by any stretch.

« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2017, 09:24:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

agree in order for IT to pull off those incredible scores ,  he needs to be able to go 100 % with speed and agility to make up for his size AND to defend a guy 12 inches taller he needs to push his body every time down court ......leap at max height .....turn on a dime ...acceleration at max to overcome the height handicap.  PLUS his presence put tons more pressiure on the other four guy .....on on this team these old dudes won't defend THEIR own guy routinely.   I think IT is gonna be left on his own to defendnd 6-3 6-8 guards .   And does anyone think Lou has the nerve or muscle or brains to get the rest of the Cavs to cover for IT .   I might be wrong , but I doubt it.

« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2017, 09:30:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think there are a couple of differences:

1) IT has a longer runway to shake off rust.  I think it’ll take about a month for both of those guys to really be back at full speed once they’re ready to get game action.  For IT, that means by the other side of the All-Star break he should be hitting his stride.  For Hayward, that’s a round, maybe two, into the playoffs.  It’s a lot more difficult to make time for a guy to find his way when the games matter as much as they do in the playoffs, and make time for his team to adjust to his presence.

2) I think IT will find that he has a lot more room to work with having LeBron in the court.  Even if he’s not quite the same physical player (which I think is a bit of an assumption on your part) he’ll get more open 3s off the catch, and will rarely if ever see double-teams.

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Hayward said he was out for the season.  They've talked about IT being back in January.  I think he needs to be back by the allstar break to make a significant impact for the playoffs.  He needs to play himself into playoff basketball shape but he'll also need to gel with his teammates.  Even if that occurs I don't see him being as impactful as last season.  He was in an optimal situation playing for us.  I'd expect some dropoff just like with Turner and Crawford. 

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2017, 02:37:13 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Cavs have terrible coaching and lineups. Jr Smith is bad, Tristan Thompson was averaging 4/6 (makes someone like sullinger look good.) Kevin love disappears

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2017, 03:15:53 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

It is never too early to be happy in life!
I was happy 6:30 AM when I saw the results from last night.  ;D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2017, 03:30:52 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not worry about IT comeback at all
1.he must be 100% healthy otherwise he will be like last year(get worse everygame) and i don't think he wants that, and it's been 4 months he still can't run even half speed
2.Even if 100% he still needs a system to cover his defense and to get him open, which the Cavs simply won't have
3.This Celtic defense of Height Length Athleticism is the absolute Counter for players like him
(also the biggest weakness of last year's team and the reason we suffer against the Cavs)

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2017, 04:21:35 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Right now they lack heart.

IT will take care of the heart issue..God knows he has tons of that. But how bad will they be by time he returns?
IT alone isn't going do nothing, it's a team effort

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2017, 06:54:44 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I think it's time to acknowledge the real problem in Cleveland.  I got bashed for saying this earlier but LeBron's vice grip on the organization is 100% responsible for their struggles.  He doesn't inspire his teammates or command respect.  I think most of his teammates like him on a personal level but there are so many double standards when it comes to basketball.  He hasn't played any defense this season but Lue can't do anything about it.  How is the rest of the team supposed to get better when LeBron is impossible to coach?  Shaq has mentioned that Mike Brown wasn't allowed to call out the "King" in practice.  Kyrie's comments since the trade reinforce all of these things.  Also, let's not forget that Kyrie would still be in Cleveland if none of these things were true.

LeBron is incapable of buying into a process and winning culture.  The only exception is when the talent around him is clearly equivalent and/or superior to the rest of the league.  His complaint about needing more talent last season was ridiculous.  The Cavs were perfectly capable of being a good defensive team.  The "King" just wasn't willing to lead and put in the day-to-day work necessary for that to happen.   

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2017, 07:14:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I think it's time to acknowledge the real problem in Cleveland.  I got bashed for saying this earlier but LeBron's vice grip on the organization is 100% responsible for their struggles.  He doesn't inspire his teammates or command respect.  I think most of his teammates like him on a personal level but there are so many double standards when it comes to basketball.  He hasn't played any defense this season but Lue can't do anything about it.  How is the rest of the team supposed to get better when LeBron is impossible to coach?  Shaq has mentioned that Mike Brown wasn't allowed to call out the "King" in practice.  Kyrie's comments since the trade reinforce all of these things.  Also, let's not forget that Kyrie would still be in Cleveland if none of these things were true.

LeBron is incapable of buying into a process and winning culture.  The only exception is when the talent around him is clearly equivalent and/or superior to the rest of the league.  His complaint about needing more talent last season was ridiculous.  The Cavs were perfectly capable of being a good defensive team.  The "King" just wasn't willing to lead and put in the day-to-day work necessary for that to happen.

He is either lazy or paranoid about injury .  He rarely plays to his potential any more.  Or just lays down and quit like he did against the spurs last year. 

He is a poor leader and i would hate to have to be on a team with him.  There is no clear order of authority . 

He should be their captain or leader on court but not their employer.

His relationship with the whole organization has got out of hand .   

I don't see many NBa teams Owners, GM, coach willing to give up their power to Lewhine.   Maybe the Lakers .....thats a weirdo bunch in LA.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:19:18 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2017, 07:20:25 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

He is either lazy or paranoid about injury .  He rarely plays to his potential.  Or just lays down and quit like he did against the spurs last year.

I think his IQ, talent, and skill has been so far ahead of everyone else that he doesn't have the desire to put in the work during practice.  He could be such an amazing mentor to young players if he had a better attitude.  I also agree with you about the Finals.  He conveniently puts up monster stat lines in most of these losses but it doesn't change the fact that his defense completely disappears.  He would rather go beast mode in isolation than inspire his teammates to move the ball as a unit and dig in on defense.  LeBron resorts to what he knows instead of challenging himself to trust others.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:27:30 AM by Green-18 »

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2017, 07:41:50 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

It is never too early to be happy in life!
I was happy 6:30 AM when I saw the results from last night.  ;D
This. Regardless of where they end up in March, nothing is going to stop me from being happy that the Cavs are 4-6 right now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008