Author Topic: Cavs lose 6 of their last 8 games  (Read 28253 times)

Re: Cavs lose 5 of their last 6 games
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2017, 12:24:07 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Seems like every year we get concerned that the Cavs are losing... then the playoffs come.
People tend to oveelook how important Kyrie was to the Cavs. With Kyrie they afforded themselves to coast in the regular season because when the playoffs roll around they had the 2 best players in the east...not so anymore.
If they are not careful and Lebron does not go into Lebron mode...which he is already doing now and yet they are losing..they are in danger of becoming a fringe playoff team...heck if lebron tweaks an ankle and miss significant time they are toast.

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2017, 12:31:46 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Seems like every year we get concerned that the Cavs are losing... then the playoffs come.

The Warriors are the reason why things are different this year.  Not only are the Cavs old but their best/longest tenured players know that they can't win a title.  They gave it a shot last season and weren't even close.  An old team like the Cavs is nothing without true faith in their ability to win at the highest level.  I don't believe that they can remain motivated to get better everyday.  As I mentioned earlier, they could still make the Finals if IT is 100%.  His return should give them an added boost and something to rally around against equal/inferior competition. 

LeBron isn't the type of leader to demand the best out of his teammates. He will just shrug his shoulders and put forth his best individual effort if they make it to the Finals.  However, once things start to sour he will give up on the defensive end.  His finals stats will probably be 30/10/8 on 55% shooting.  Then he will give the same old speech about his numbers like he did when Miami lost to the Spurs.
Come on man.  Dude's led his team to the finals like, seven years in a row.  Let's not invent things.

I don't think I am off base on this.  LeBron is the most freakish talent in the history of the NBA.  I personally give him majority of the credit.  It's been a long time since the East had a true threat.  When has there been a team truly as talented as a LeBron's in the East during his Finals streak?  Chicago and Indiana were gritty but it would have taken perfection to beat LeBron.  They rose to the occasion and I respect the way both teams played.  The competition has gotten even worse in LeBron's 2nd stint with the Cavs.  Put his teams in the West and I don't think everything plays out the same way.

Why do you think Kyrie wanted out?  If LeBron truly demanded the best and had the respect of his teammates then I don't think you would have seen Kyrie play ISO ball for three years.  Did it work? Of course it did because their talent was far superior to the rest of the East.  Is my comment really that out of touch when you look at the things Kyrie is doing in Boston?  LeBron has a vice grip over any situation and it prevents his teams from having real structure. 

Those Miami teams were far and away the most talented group in the East during that era.  Not only did they have a great big three, but all of their role players were ALREADY established prior to arriving in Miami.  Did Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Chalmers, and Haslem buy in because of LeBron's "leadership".  I think the real answer is that they were all capable role players who understood what was necessary on the most talented team in the NBA.  LeBron wasn't the driver of their character.  Look what happened when they played the Spurs.  That team literally gave up and mailed it in. 

We will see how things play out this season.  I will gain a lot of respect for LeBron if he can rally the team and put up a true fight until the end.  I just don't buy into that happening because LeBron will mail it in when things go south. 

I refuse to bash LeBron as an individual player.  He is top 5 no doubt.  However, there are many players that were greater leaders.

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
According to Windhorst: Weighed by minutes played, the Cavs have the oldest roster in the league and we have the youngest.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
According to Windhorst: Weighed by minutes played, the Cavs have the oldest roster in the league and we have the youngest.

The Cavs need to adopt a grit and balls mentality.  It's time for those veterans to re-brand themselves.  It would be wise for them to use our 2011-12 Celtics as an example.  This Cavs team is still way more talented then that group.  For once I want to see a LeBron team leave everything on the floor in a season where they aren't good enough to win.

I don't count his first Finals team as an example either.  LeBron had no real pressure at that point and was still transitioning into the best player in the NBA.

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
tables have turned. Celtics big 3 vs Lebron heat was almost the opposite

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
People tend to oveelook how important Kyrie was to the Cavs. With Kyrie they afforded themselves to coast in the regular season because when the playoffs roll around they had the 2 best players in the east...not so anymore.
If they are not careful and Lebron does not go into Lebron mode...which he is already doing now and yet they are losing..they are in danger of becoming a fringe playoff team...heck if lebron tweaks an ankle and miss significant time they are toast.
very true

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Hopefully they will trade for Bledsoe and still suck. Alll The buyouts will go there too. I see the Lakers in Lebron's future. All is well here in Boston. I love their turmoil. Tyron Lue is now over his head, too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2017, 12:46:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
If this continues into the playoffs, do we have a shot at the nba finals?

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sure if the Cavs are out its wide open. Though I think unless we figure out how to score the ball quite a bit better the Raptors/Wizards would be able to beat us in a series given their overall level of play and our inexperience.

Whole lot of rookies/young players in our rotation even if we shorten it for the playoffs.

Re: Cavs lose 6 of their last 7 games
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:23 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
So, Cavs fall to Atlanta Hawks at the Q.

They lose 6 of their last 7 or is my math off lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Right now they lack heart.

« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2017, 08:29:07 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

IT will take care of the heart issue..God knows he has tons of that. But how bad will they be by time he returns?

« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
They are behind the Sixers, tied with the Nets, and a half game difference with the Lakers. The wheels are coming off the bus in Cleveland.

« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2017, 08:37:35 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

th y are major screwed now

Tristan out for weeks ....he was about their only serious defender

Teams with bigs ...will destroy the Cavs........lebron does not want to play defense ....
he might get hurt.

« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2017, 09:04:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Still too early to get happy.

At worst, they'll middle about right around a 6 or 7 seed until Feb, then get a healthy IT back and go on a major roll.

"IF" they get completely healthy and IT has the same effect THERE that he did HERE? They'll be  juggernaut, no doubt.

IT is a charismatic talent and their season is seemingly hinged on whether he makes it back - and I believe he will.