Author Topic: Who Should Trade for Blake Griffin? Deandre Jordan?  (Read 1687 times)

Who Should Trade for Blake Griffin? Deandre Jordan?
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This seems almost inevitable at this point as the Clips appear to be headed for a below .500 finish outside of the playoffs given all of their injuries.

Where would Griffin look best? Who should trade for him? 

What about Deandre?  Who could he help most?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Who Should Trade for Blake Griffin? Deandre Jordan?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Unless they get a godfather offer I can't see the Clips trading Griffin. 

Jordan on the other hand I would be surprised to see there post-trade deadline.  I think Jordan would be a good fit for the Knicks, and if by some chance they are hanging around .500, might actually be willing to acquire him depending on the price.  The Bucks also sprang to mind, as I think they could use someone like him down low.  Then you have the usual suspects like Cleveland (upgrade on Thompson), Washington (they could use his skill set), etc.  I think the Wolves are one of the few western teams that might make sense for him and I think he and KAT could work as starters with Gibson off the bench. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
This seems almost inevitable at this point as the Clips appear to be headed for a below .500 finish outside of the playoffs given all of their injuries.

Where would Griffin look best? Who should trade for him? 

What about Deandre?  Who could he help most?

The Bucks getting Jordan seems like a perfect fit. They may not be able to stretch the floor out to the 3 point line, but they can stretch the floor vertically. Defensively, it makes them longer and stronger.

Something like Henson, Teletovic, and Brogdon makes sense for both teams. Or Henson and Parker.

Griffin is staying in Los Angeles for the forseeable future. Too much money for a guy whose impact on the game continues to weaken.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 01:50:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Jordan on the other hand I would be surprised to see there post-trade deadline.  I think Jordan would be a good fit for the Knicks, and if by some chance they are hanging around .500, might actually be willing to acquire him depending on the price.  The Bucks also sprang to mind, as I think they could use someone like him down low.  Then you have the usual suspects like Cleveland (upgrade on Thompson), Washington (they could use his skill set), etc.  I think the Wolves are one of the few western teams that might make sense for him and I think he and KAT could work as starters with Gibson off the bench.

Washington and Minnesota would both be fascinating landing spots for him. If the team had Teague, Wiggins, Butler, Kat and Jordan as a starting 5 I think that team would challenge golden state as that is the one thing they could really use (rim protection, defense). Washington if he replaces Gortat and all of a sudden wall, beal, porter and jordan is very imposing. I am not sure what other team has in terms of assets that they could give up for him.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Washington and Minnesota would both be fascinating landing spots for him. If the team had Teague, Wiggins, Butler, Kat and Jordan as a starting 5 I think that team would challenge golden state as that is the one thing they could really use (rim protection, defense). Washington if he replaces Gortat and all of a sudden wall, beal, porter and jordan is very imposing. I am not sure what other team has in terms of assets that they could give up for him.
I think Houston might make sense as well as Jordan is basically a better version of Capela. 

Milwaukee is the team I think could be very active and he could easily just replace Henson and Dieng's minutes without much overall change to what they want they do (except you know he is better than Henson and Dieng). 

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I think Houston might make sense as well as Jordan is basically a better version of Capela. 

Milwaukee is the team I think could be very active and he could easily just replace Henson and Dieng's minutes without much overall change to what they want they do (except you know he is better than Henson and Dieng).

I am confused who Dieng is in this situation? Do you mean Maker? Or are you talking about Minnesota and Dieng? I am guessing the Bucks would give up Parker in this situation?

How nasty and long is the defense on a team running out GF, Middleton, Bledsoe, Snell and Jordan? On the flip side there would be bad shooting.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I am confused who Dieng is in this situation? Do you mean Maker? Or are you talking about Minnesota and Dieng? I am guessing the Bucks would give up Parker in this situation?

How nasty and long is the defense on a team running out GF, Middleton, Bledsoe, Snell and Jordan? On the flip side there would be bad shooting.
I had my teams confused.  I don't think he takes any of Maker's 18 mpg, but that leaves 30 for Jordan (which is enough).