Author Topic: Marvin Bagley Thread  (Read 23183 times)

Re: Marvin Bagley
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 10:36:03 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Ayton has been terrific!!!

https://youtu.be/QMn52maTVV8

I️ was a Bagley guy all summer but Ayton plays with a motor that I️ didn’t expect since that was considered a major weakness.  Also, Bagley looks a lot less skilled than I️ thought.

Anyways, I’d be happy if the pick conveys this year and would be beyond elated to draft either one of those bigs.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 11:09:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Bagley looks amazing. To have that ball-handling and fluidity at that center position --- man he is going to be a matchup nightmare. Combine that with rebounding ability on both ends. Willingness to play defense. To anchor a defense. Length, leaping ability, shot blocking skills. Willingness to post up and play physical in the paint. Strong motor. Multiple effort plays. He can pass. Both in stand still and off the dribble. He is terrific.

Most impressive center play I've seen in NCAA since Anthony Davis.

Holy crap Who. That's a tp for being so bold. He looks better than I thought.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 11:43:13 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
If the LA pick conveys at 2 or 3 the players I hope the Celtics get are

1. Doncic
2. Porter
3. Bagley

Interesting. I'm interested in Bamba and Ayton
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 12:56:30 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I don't think Bagley is attainable given we only get the Lakers pick if it drops past 1. Given his potential and that he's only 18, I can't see a team passing on him unless there is some type of injury red flag. Porter, Doncic, Ayton look like great prospects but none have the ceiling that Bagley has...he may not reach it but his ceiling his much higher.

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 02:33:13 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I don't think Bagley is attainable given we only get the Lakers pick if it drops past 1. Given his potential and that he's only 18, I can't see a team passing on him unless there is some type of injury red flag. Porter, Doncic, Ayton look like great prospects but none have the ceiling that Bagley has...he may not reach it but his ceiling his much higher.

I️ disagree.  It is super duper early but I️ can easily see 3 guys go ahead of Bagley (Ayton, Porter, Doncic).  They are are all terrific prospects as well especially Ayton and Porter.  I️ don’t think Bagley will fall too far obviously but at this point he isn’t head and shoulders above everyone else in this draft.  That top tier is really good and they are all equal prospects at this point.  In my opinion, it will be Ayton who separates himself by the time the 2018 NBA draft comes around.  However,  I️ certainly would not be surprised if it’s Bagley.  Kid is special !!

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 03:19:26 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Bagley looks amazing. To have that ball-handling and fluidity at that center position --- man he is going to be a matchup nightmare. Combine that with rebounding ability on both ends. Willingness to play defense. To anchor a defense. Length, leaping ability, shot blocking skills. Willingness to post up and play physical in the paint. Strong motor. Multiple effort plays. He can pass. Both in stand still and off the dribble. He is terrific.

Most impressive center play I've seen in NCAA since Anthony Davis.

Holy crap Who. That's a tp for being so bold. He looks better than I thought.

From what I saw in these videos, I'm not that impressed TBH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww7akR0L7s8&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQKttYTPMU&feature=youtu.be

I could only see that the game is easier for athletic players, it is even more pronounced in college. He didn't show much shooting touch inside (air-balled a running hook from 3ft) or any right hand on his finishes. He did show poor footwork on closeouts and that his jumper has a long way to go.
He does play in perfect position as a small ball 5 and should be feasting on the added spacing.

The season is young though, guys improve a lot in a year.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:21 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I dont want a bar of luka doncic

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 03:57:58 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Doncic reminds me a lot of an advanced version of Gallinari and before the injuries Gallo was seen as a potential All-Star but not a 1st pick level talent. I can see him having problems in the NBA though given he seems to lack explosion and has a slow first step, something that is suicide in the current NBA.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 04:55:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Doncic reminds me a lot of an advanced version of Gallinari and before the injuries, Gallo was seen as a potential All-Star but not a 1st pick level talent. I can see him having problems in the NBA though given he seems to lack explosion and has a slow first step, something that is suicide in the current NBA.
    I remember when Harden was slow coming into the league and how he won't be able to get to the rim. LOL
    In mock drafts, skill is often undervalued in favor of athleticism.
    The thing Dončić and Gallo have in common is the Euro background and similar height.
    Dončić is a point forward (3), Gallo wants to score (4), it is in his blood.[/list]

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
    • Tommy Points: 88

Doncic reminds me a lot of an advanced version of Gallinari and before the injuries, Gallo was seen as a potential All-Star but not a 1st pick level talent. I can see him having problems in the NBA though given he seems to lack explosion and has a slow first step, something that is suicide in the current NBA.
      I remember when Harden was slow coming into the league and how he won't be able to get to the rim. LOL
      The thing Dončić and Gallo have in common is the Euro background and similar height.
      Dončić is a point forward (3), Gallo wants to score (4), it is in his blood.[/list]
      Doncic and Harden is like ground and sky though, Harden is so strong to cover his speed which Doncic simply lack of, he will have a hard time finish in the NBA

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 06:32:40 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Doncic and Harden is like ground and sky though, Harden is so strong to cover his speed which Doncic simply lack of, he will have a hard time finish in the NBA
        Please read carefully and you will see that I never compared their dribble-drive games.
        Merely pointing out that skill is undervalued in mock drafts. I feel like Larry Bird would be a 20th-30th pick in these mock drafts, as he "doesn't have the body to bang under the rim", "can't outrun anyone" and "his jump hardly gives us time to slide daily newspapers beneath him".

EDIT:
        Please don't read in that I compared Luka to Larry here.
        I am still a few games away from that :)
        « Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:39:30 AM by Androslav »

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 12:05:23 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
        • Bill Walton
        • Tommy Points: 87
        If this is still a Marvin Bagley thread then I'd like to point out that he caught a finger in his eye from his own player in the MSU game last night. It looked nasty from the top of backboard camera replay but Coach K said it's a scratch and that he should be fine.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:40 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
        • Ray Allen
        • Tommy Points: 291
        I've got Bagley and Ayton as my top two. 1a and 1b right now. Bamba is a good concession with Doncic a very useful player too. I think for Porter to max his potential, he needs to score. I'm not sure I see him developing on this team with Tatum and Hayward ahead of him. Probably best as a trade asset. But may be worth more to another team, which could help move one of those other guys down. Really want that Lakers pick this year. I don't think next year has the same amount of talent at the top.

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
        • Danny Ainge
        • Tommy Points: 789
        Day in the life of marvin Bagley: https://youtu.be/U8Tg-N1RcoQ

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
        • Danny Ainge