Author Topic: Marvin Bagley Thread  (Read 5619 times)

Re: Marvin Bagley
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2018, 02:19:40 PM »

Offline triboy16f

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 464
If Bagley is the next Chris Webber, heís worth the hype.

The little bit I have seen him reminds me of Okafor 2.0 which scares me.
Not really remotely similar

I agree - Bagley has a much lighter frame, a very high motor, very fluid.

Not totally sold on him, but on balance I think he's worth the pick. My main worries with him are about where he slots in. He should develop into a plus defender at the 4 - he moves so well - but I wonder if he has the strength to play small-ball 5. He's great around the bucket in college, but how much of that is athleticism, where he won't have the same edge in the pros. And can he play as a true stretch four, with shooting and ability to attack closeouts. Again, I see enough to think he probably can do this- he's not a pure straight-line driver like Josh Jackson, and his shot doesn't look broken - but we're still projecting potential.

exactly

just nothing stands out.    He could turn out to be , another Horford ...which is not a bad thing

Re: Marvin Bagley Thread
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I really have not seen bagley shoot the three ball with any frequency.   It makes you question if he can play modern nba stretch 4.  Physically top tools though.   Capable of going 20/20 on any given night.

Bagley  doesn't show amazing defensive rim protection though.  To me he is more of a taller zbo.   He will get you buckets but I'm not convinced he can be the #1 guy on a championship team.  More of a McHale light in terms of scoring but no where near the defensive disruption.

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2018, 10:18:09 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
I really have not seen bagley shoot the three ball with any frequency.   It makes you question if he can play modern nba stretch 4.  Physically top tools though.   Capable of going 20/20 on any given night.

Bagley  doesn't show amazing defensive rim protection though.  To me he is more of a taller zbo.   He will get you buckets but I'm not convinced he can be the #1 guy on a championship team.  More of a McHale light in terms of scoring but no where near the defensive disruption.

Weren't "they" saying the same thing about Tatum, re the 3 ball?  Point is you have to judge these guys on projection to what they'll be, not what they are.  Always a challenge to do that, but have to keep that in mind.

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2018, 02:39:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 331

Weren't "they" saying the same thing about Tatum, re the 3 ball?  Point is you have to judge these guys on projection to what they'll be, not what they are.  Always a challenge to do that, but have to keep that in mind.
excellent point. Its the same with the defense . The coach k defense system make players look bad. Tatum and bagley both look worse at duke than they actually are 

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2018, 03:42:36 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 846
Just let that MFing pick convey.

Iíll be happy with the runt of the top 5. Getting to pick between 2-4 of those prosepcts would be a bonus.
I AM A CELTIC