Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

J. Okafor - Merged Thread

(1/60) > >>

CelticsElite:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21186074/philadelphia-76ers-continue-efforts-find-suitable-trade-jahlil-okafor

The Philadelphia 76ers are working with the representatives of Jahlil Okafor on finding a trade partner.

Okafor is out of the rotation behind Jahlil Okafor and Amir Johnson. The 76ers also are giving frontcourt minutes to Ben Simmons and Dario Saric.

The 76ers have to make a decision on whether to pick up Okafor's $6.3 million option for 18-19 by Oct. 31st. The 76ers are ultimately likely to exercise it if he's not traded.

Okafor, who has been professional and has worked rigorously on his body throughout this process, is healthy and fit for the first time in years and is poised to thrive with a change of scenery, according to sources
There are not currently any frontrunners in trading for Okafor.

Does disabled player exception qualify here? Danny had some interest in okafor in the off season when the amir Johnson sign and Trade Fell through

Career avg: 14pts/6rb/1assist
-Size- 6'11" tall, 7'0 wingspan. 270lbs
-Young with potential. Drafted high position
-Duke celtic family with Kyrie and Tatum grows bigger.

For a 1 year rental 15th man we could do worse

makaveli:
i think highly of that kid's game. He needs a fresh start and a fair chance. I really hate the way that the sixers so far ruined his young carer and i wish worst for that organisation(if you can call them an organisaiton).

i wanted him on the Celtics, and if we can get him for scraps, then go for it, but i'm not sure who or what can we give up. Maybe Gershon and a 2nd rounder or something, maybe Nader?

anyhow i just wish they make a trade and get it over with, give the young kid a chance.

TheSundanceKid:
For the dpe to work here the 76ers would have to decline the team option for next year and Okafor would be a free agent this summer. The article suggests they wouldn't do that and they would need extra incentive. Don't see us giving them that.

jdz101:
The stats are completely empty if he lets his opponent do the same or worse to him on the other end.

Therein lies the problem with Jah.

The NBA player representation of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

2short:
If he comes here he plays behind Horford and Baynes for sure.  Theis might add more to the team.  Okafor is in a bad situation yes but his game is his offensive low post moves and that is it.  I see him at best backup center in league somewhere

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version