Author Topic: Old friend Crowder moved to the Bench  (Read 9540 times)

Re: Old friend Crowder moved to the Bench
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2017, 11:32:02 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Crawder

1. better than average defender (but not exceptional)
2. poor rebounder.
3. helps team win, borderline starter

...in short; below average 3D guy, as compared to elite 3D guys from the past. (i.e. Jame Posey, Robert Horry)

How’s he below average? He’s a good defender, and last year was near the top tier in three point shooting.

He's not below average. He's prob above average. In theory, he should help Lebron but defending the other team's best wing.

With a healthy Hayward, there wasn't enough room on this team with Brown, Hayward, and Tatum.

The only thing I'm going to miss from the trade is the BKN pick.

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 02:01:44 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Crowder tonight had 9 points, 4 rebounds on 3/10 shooting and was 0/5 from behind the arc.

Also had a -24 rating apparently. YIKES.

Is this really gonna turn into  a thread for pointing out every bad game Crowder has?

Do we really need to be that petty?

In some ways I agree, but its relevant to the topic.

He's a shell of the Brad Stevens coached crowder because the system isn't working for him. He doesn't know what he's doing on either end.
the cavs have a system? Lol

...........yes

Just don't ask me what it is.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 02:12:40 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Crowder is a very overrated defender. He was the reason Devon booker dropped 70 pts last year on us. I mean seriously how do you let a guy drop 70 like that? Crowder did not defend him well at all or do any good help defense to help smart and brOwn
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:09:04 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 02:25:28 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Crowder tonight had 9 points, 4 rebounds on 3/10 shooting and was 0/5 from behind the arc.

Also had a -24 rating apparently. YIKES.

Is this really gonna turn into  a thread for pointing out every bad game Crowder has?

Do we really need to be that petty?

In some ways I agree, but its relevant to the topic.

He's a shell of the Brad Stevens coached crowder because the system isn't working for him. He doesn't know what he's doing on either end.
the cavs have a system? Lol

...........yes

Just don't ask me what it is.

with all the monies they have? it's obviously a high-end stereo system.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 02:55:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wonder if he still believes his own BS, recall these statements;

"You don’t have to coach anybody to go work out or be in the weight room and take care of your body," Crowder said. "It’s like mandatory here. It’s no coincidence that these guys have been the top team in the East this long.”

“It’s just different. The one thing that really caught me by surprise is how they come in and work, how each guy comes in and works. The feel of being at work is much different. These guys really get it. They get it."

I still think until we beat them in the playoffs their grip is not done.   Their second best player IT has not even played yet.   But good to see Crowder, eat some crow for the above statements.

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2017, 05:02:57 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Crowder is a very overrated defender. He was the reason Devon booker dropped 70 pts last year on us. I mean seriously how do you let a guy drop 70 like that? Crowder did not defend him well at all or do any good help defense to help smart and bradley
Crowder is OK for defending good, but not the best combo wings (like KD, LBJ, Kawhi, Giannis...).
Ever since he injured his ankles (I think in the March 2016), he can't keep up laterally with the league's guards. And that sucks if you are a defender by reputation.

It seems that the defensive reputation in this league always comes 2 years late (in Crowder case 15/16 (best def. year) became 17-18 (year of recognition), and leaves 2 years after a player can't longer defend at a high level.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:20:18 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 05:27:16 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Cavs fans are starting to lose their patience with Crowder. I told them before his D has declined but they wouldnt listen.

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Crawder

1. better than average defender (but not exceptional)
2. poor rebounder.
3. helps team win, borderline starter

...in short; below average 3D guy, as compared to elite 3D guys from the past. (i.e. Jame Posey, Robert Horry)

How’s he below average? He’s a good defender, and last year was near the top tier in three point shooting.

He's not below average. He's prob above average. In theory, he should help Lebron but defending the other team's best wing.

With a healthy Hayward, there wasn't enough room on this team with Brown, Hayward, and Tatum.

The only thing I'm going to miss from the trade is the BKN pick.
He was certainly an above average 3-and-D player last season. This season, he's been a below average rotation player.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 02:20:01 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Crowder has reverted back to his Dallas days.

I blame Lebron who has a history regressing players (see Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, Kevin Love, Chris Bosh, Iman Shumpert, and arguably more).
I blame CBS who has a history of inflating player values (see Jordan Crawford, Evan Turner, Kelly Olynyk, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, and arguably more).

I laugh because we obviously won the Cavs trade, largely because, as a fanatic, I cannot be convinced that its too small of a sample size.

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
So ....i guess since Tristian Thompson is out for the Wizards game .   Ol friend Crowder will get the starti g nod .

Chance to play lock down D on Wizards .....show Lebron ". ....bossman I can play this game.

Im anxious to,see all the plays Lebron as cooked up. and all the film he has studied will make a big difference.   Lebron difd not want a classic NBA coach ,  so lets see how he fairs tommorrow .

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i just can't wait for the first "Lets trade for Crowder because his stock is all time low" thread.

Orrrrr did I already missed it?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
i just can't wait for the first "Lets trade for Crowder because his stock is all time low" thread.

I know there is some really far out ideas by some people on CB but I doubt you can even get one of them to bite on this.

No one is interested in seeing Crowder back.
ok fine

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2017, 03:57:26 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I know there is some really far out ideas by some people on CB but I doubt you can even get one of them to bite on this.

No one is interested in seeing Crowder back.

Really?

Some posters would still die to give Rondo a second chance and gush with the picture of Sullinger wearing a celtics jersey again.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger