Author Topic: Old friend Crowder moved to the Bench  (Read 9536 times)

Re: Old friend Crowder moved to the Bench
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I don't feel bad for millionaires that bounce a ball for a living. He belongs on a bench on a real contending team though

No, he doesn’t. He’s a top-15 SF.

There are not 15 contending teams in the league though, there are maybe 4-5.

Anyway, Lue is a dumb coach.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 08:42:42 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I don't feel bad for millionaires that bounce a ball for a living. He belongs on a bench on a real contending team though

coming off the bench for a contender sounds about right for a 12-15 range small forward

Most contenders have above-average starting SFs coming off their bench?

There are what, 4 contenders? Even Hayward might come off the bench for some contenders.

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There are not 15 contending teams in the league though, there are maybe 4-5.

Anyway, Lue is a dumb coach.

He is a dumb coach.

Very few teams have above-average starters coming off their bench though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

coming off the bench for a contender sounds about right for a 12-15 range small forward

There are what, 4 contenders? Even Hayward might come off the bench for some contenders.

That’s crazy talk. Which contender, the ‘86 Celts?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

People underrate Hayward a lot on here.

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 08:52:47 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Take away LeBUM and the Cavs suck...big time. 

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Warriors and Cavs for example. Probably the spurs as well. He plays a position where those teams best players play at. Sure, some  of them can play multiple positions, but the cavs have love at pf, the warriors like like starting big same as the spurs.

You're nuts if you think Hayward/Crowder would play over Kawhi, Lebron or Durant.

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 08:55:44 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Warriors and Cavs for example. Probably the spurs as well. He plays a position where those teams best players play at. Sure, some  of them can play multiple positions, but the cavs have love at pf, the warriors like like starting big same as the spurs.

You're nuts if you think Hayward/Crowder would play over Kawhi, Lebron or Durant.

Those teams would find a way to play both Hayward and Kwahi/Lebron/Durant etc. Especially in today's NBA.

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:06 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Usually not, but the problem is Crowder is a 3 and D guy. And Cleveland plays a lot of ISO, which he's really weak at.He can't create for himself, and Clevelan seems that they don't know how to use spot up shooters well. IT's why Crowder excelled in Boston.

Him being in the top 15 shows how week the SF spot it right now, also that some guys like Wiggins and Thompson who have SF size but playing SG.  But I wouldn't have been surprised if Crowder has stayed here, Brown and Tatum would have surpassed him by the end of the season.

This.

3 and D role player.  Hustle guy.  That's it.

Big ego it appears. Starting on our overachieving, lucky gang last year only fed the delusion that he is anything more than that. Glad he's not our issue any more.

As far as ranking SF's, every one that can shoot and defend, plus either dribble, pass, or create are ahead of him. That's probably a lot more than 15 players.

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

People here seem to think Hayward can play SG.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2017, 09:09:25 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Those teams would find a way to play both Hayward and Kwahi/Lebron/Durant etc. Especially in today's NBA.

Oh theyd find a way to play them together. Maybe even finish the game together. But start? No. Pop esp has no qualms about having Prime manu come off the bench when he needs him to. Heck the Cavs have just started to refute Roy's idea that Crowder has to start. Gs esp he has 3 all stars to compete with at their natural positions who also likes starting big.

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Hayward would start on every single team in the NBA. 

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 09:32:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

People here seem to think Hayward can play SG.

Of course he can. He can also play PF, as can Lebron, Kawhi, Durant, etc.

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Not this year so far.

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Not this year so far.

Well, we’re 4 games in, and he’s playing with an incompetent coach.  Last year, though, he ranked:

13th in scoring
3rd in threes made per game
7th in 3PT%
12th in assists per game
12th in rebounding
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:04:56 PM by Roy H. »