Author Topic: Kyrie Irving signature shoe thread  (Read 2803 times)

Kyrie Irving signature shoe thread
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:04:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This is just a casual thread about Kyrie's sigs since he's a Celtic now, and rn there's news of him going to release an even cheaper signature shoe than his main line at 80 USD (120 USD is the retail price of the main line).
Link: https://weartesters.com/nike-giving-kyrie-irving-even-cheaper-signature-model/
Can anyone ask the mods to pin this? I'll be updating this with Kyrie shoes all year and will welcome any sneakerhead that wants to help :laugh:.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Re: Kyrie Irving signature shoe thread
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Man, I would ask mods to delete this.    :blank:
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:48:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
They look OK.
I just don't buy Nike shoes, maybe once every 7 years.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Man, I would ask mods to delete this.    :blank:
Haha just something I feel like we should take a look at, Kyrie is our first ever Celtic since Larry Bird to have a signature line. It's ok if you feel like "it's only a shoe" but from what I know some guys want to buy a good hoop shoe that's Celtic related and I feel like the Kyries cater to the majority of those requirements, hence I made a thread for this.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 08:03:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
They look OK.
That shoe in the pic is the Kyrie 3, Kyrie's main line. The budget line hasn't released yet, but I think it would be nice great option for parents here who want to buy a ball shoe for their kids in the future.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:48:49 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I really don't like the style of the Kyrie 3s. I may be alone in that, but I hope a major redesign happens at some point so I would pick them up.
#JKJB

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I really don't like the style of the Kyrie 3s. I may be alone in that, but I hope a major redesign happens at some point so I would pick them up.
Care to elaborate? I agree that the cushion is lackluster and I hope that they get revamped.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 10:52:32 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Care to elaborate? I agree that the cushion is lackluster and I hope that they get revamped.

Surely. As I don't like the general aesthetic style of the shoe, I wouldn't purchase one to be able to comment on the feel of the shoe while it is on. That may seem conceited, but with so many choices, I choose a shoe based on function out of the many shoe styles I really like.

Aesthetically, I don't like the overall design of the shoe. I like shoes with staggered material, not necessarily one overall smooth shoe. And I was hoping the Celtic Colorway would be crisper than they turned out. I'd rather it was a green primary with white accents, instead of vice versa.

I can't justify many sneakers with my current job. Half the time I have to wear dress shoes, and the other half requires sneakers that are comfortable. Yet when I buy sneakers, I have a very specific rotation. They need to be good for basketball until the tread wears out, then I wear them under my scrubs for procedures. So I put alot of thought into which sneakers I take home. Unfortunately, these sneakers aren't anywhere near the tops of my list.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
how bout a Lavar shoe thread

to throw darts at ?

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
They look OK.

yeah i have some LSU nike trainers and another pair which i hardly wear. I mainly wear BROOKS. comfort way better than nike for walking and running.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
My sons a high school player and currently plays in the Kyrie 3’s.  He’s a PG so they seem to work wel for him.  Or at least he likes them and doesn’t complain. I’d probably stick to the the regular model for games. 

Of course, he’s outgrowing the pair he has now so will be looking for another shoe soon. 

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 02:53:44 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Does anybody know if they’ll ever release his shoes with the Shamrock toes or will those be exclusive and never drop?

"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
They look OK.

yeah i have some LSU nike trainers and another pair which i hardly wear. I mainly wear BROOKS. comfort way better than nike for walking and running.

same here...Brooks have way better everyday foot health technology designed in.  Nikes is mainly about looks or style......which is fine when your 18 years old .....believe me things change.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
They look OK.

same here...Brooks have way better everyday foot health technology designed in.  Nikes is mainly about looks or style......which is fine when your 18 years old .....believe me things change.

AGREED! my brooks are the most comfortable shoes i ever had. i have had plenty NIKE that fit terribly!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Does anybody know if they’ll ever release his shoes with the Shamrock toes or will those be exclusive and never drop?

I'd be shocked if Nike releases those. Nike's been stingy with the really good PE's for awhile now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman