Author Topic: Josh Jackson looks very disinterested so far....  (Read 7692 times)

Josh Jackson looks very disinterested so far....
« on: October 23, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I loved Josh Jackson coming out of collage and summer league but so far this season he looks very disinterested. Is it because he's on that terrible Suns team or is he one of those guys that's happy just getting drafted? His energy hasn't been there.

Re: Josh Jackson looks very disinterested so far....
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
He's in one of the worst imaginable situations for a rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I loved Josh Jackson coming out of collage and summer league but so far this season he looks very disinterested. Is it because he's on that terrible Suns team or is he one of those guys that's happy just getting drafted? His energy hasn't been there.

I liked him too, but I thought we already had Josh on the team in Jaylen, I'm very happy with Tatum as the pick. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 03:38:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
He's in one of the worst imaginable situations for a rookie

It's true but he forced his way to Phoenix for some reason.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I liked him too, but I thought we already had Josh on the team in Jaylen, I'm very happy with Tatum as the pick.

I thought Smart was our Jackson?

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Its funny because he thought that the Suns would be the best place for him

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I wouldn't willingly subject myself to watching a Suns game when they aren't playing the Celtics, so I can't comment on his attitude, but his stats don't say disinterested to me.  I mean he is shooting 46% from three, getting 1.7 steals, and getting to the line nearly 6 times a game.  He is shooting horrible from 2PT and FT though.  Despite that he is still scoring just under 12 points a game.  If he gets up to a reasonable 2PT and FT % he would up his scoring to well over 15, which isn't bad for a rookie. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
The suns are lucky the new lottery rules don't go into effect this year. I don't think they will win much more than 10 games

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Its funny because he thought that the Suns would be the best place for him

From his perspective it probably beats riding the bench or playing in the G-League for us. He isn't ready to contribute to a good team and his people knew it.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wouldn't willingly subject myself to watching a Suns game when they aren't playing the Celtics, so I can't comment on his attitude, but his stats don't say disinterested to me.  I mean he is shooting 46% from three, getting 1.7 steals, and getting to the line nearly 6 times a game.  He is shooting horrible from 2PT and FT though.  Despite that he is still scoring just under 12 points a game.  If he gets up to a reasonable 2PT and FT % he would up his scoring to well over 15, which isn't bad for a rookie.

I don't know, I think 'disinterested' is probably the correct word. You pointed out some stats that make him sound pretty decent (the steals are promising), but how about these?

- He has one total assist in three games; he's been averaging 28 MPG
- He's only averaging one rebound/game
- As you mentioned, so far so good on the 3-ball, not so much on general fgs (36.7%) or fts(47.1%)

I absolutely think Jackson has a high ceiling and I was torn between him and Tatum (the highlight videos had me leaning Jackson, but then he shunned the Cs), but PHX is probably not the ideal spot for him with so many young players and so much dysfunction this early (lost coach, star demands trade, they are horrible, etc). I just hope he doesn't develop too many bad habits as he didn't have a wonderful attitude going into the draft/season in the first place.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I don't know, I think 'disinterested' is probably the correct word. You pointed out some stats that make him sound pretty decent (the steals are promising), but how about these?

- He has one total assist in three games; he's been averaging 28 MPG
- He's only averaging one rebound/game
- As you mentioned, so far so good on the 3-ball, not so much on general fgs (36.7%) or fts(47.1%)

I absolutely think Jackson has a high ceiling and I was torn between him and Tatum (the highlight videos had me leaning Jackson, but then he shunned the Cs), but PHX is probably not the ideal spot for him with so many young players and so much dysfunction this early (lost coach, star demands trade, they are horrible, etc). I just hope he doesn't develop too many bad habits as he didn't have a wonderful attitude going into the draft/season in the first place.
you can only get assists if your teammates make baskets. His USG is under 20. He clearly has been aggressive or he wouldn't have a FTR of 57%

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
just like the awful 2pt% is likely an anomoky his 3pt% is equally unsustainable. Doesnt make sense to me to scale one number up without touching the other.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can you blame him? He plays for the Suns.

But didn't he spurn us this offseason?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
just like the awful 2pt% is likely an anomoky his 3pt% is equally unsustainable. Doesnt make sense to me to scale one number up without touching the other.
Sure but he was a 38% 3pt shooter in college so I wouldn't expect him to fall much. Let's say 1 less 3 but 2 more 2's and 1 more FT

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:18 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Yeah I blame this solely on playing for the Suns haha