Author Topic: Knicks (0-2) at Celtics (1-2) Game #4 10/24/17  (Read 25576 times)

Re: Knicks (0-2) at Celtics (1-2) Game #4 10/24/17
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Most fun I've had watching Celtics basketball in a long time.

So much more enjoyable than the game against the Sixers, not just because we're playing well but because the refs aren't blowing the whistle every 30 seconds.  The game is just so much more enjoyable when you let the players play.

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Through the first half tonight:

Jaylen Brown > 78 points (season total)
Kyrie Irving > 71 points

Anyone here call that one in September?

Nix are looking around sayin'...who's Jaylen Brown?

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
That was a pretty inept first half from the Unicorn.

That is because Al Horford is doing his job.

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2017, 08:37:38 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
More impressive - Jaylen's overall development or Tatum's NBA readiness?

Definitely Jaylen. Tatum was a polished player. We knew he'd be good relatively quickly. Obviously, this was unexpected, but not out of the realm of possibility. Jaylen looks like a totally different player.

As good as Tatum has been, I have to agree. Jaylen is so much better on both sides of the ball this year in an expanded role.

I adore Tatum. It's well documented that I was very high on him. However, there is no way that anyone could have watched Jaylen last year and told you this was coming. He looks like a different player.

With all due respect, please check my signature. It's been that way since draft night of last year. I got a LOT of flack last year during draft night for being one of the few who thought the Brown naysayers were incorrect. I also said that Brown would make significant strides this year. He showed after the All Star break that his game was progressing (if in fits and starts).

I'm not saying I'm right - after all, he's not an All Star yet - but I've been pretty consistent in predicting Jaylen would blossom into a wonderful player. When you combine great coaching, a winning team, great role models, a smart player who has a great drive all at the same time it's very likely that player will succeed.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Danny Ainge and CBS are basketball savants, You really have to study the type of players they have brought in to understand that what you are seeing is not just luck. There is a plan coming to fruition guys.

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2017, 08:39:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I adore Tatum. It's well documented that I was very high on him. However, there is no way that anyone could have watched Jaylen last year and told you this was coming. He looks like a different player.
Anyone who watched a game in the second half of the season should have known this was coming. The question has always been whether he can do it on a consistent basis, rather than once every three games. The jury is still out on that -- I'd hold off judgement until the rest of the league realizes that this cat is out of the bag.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2017, 08:40:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
this is a ****ing blast
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2017, 08:41:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Definitely Jaylen. Tatum was a polished player. We knew he'd be good relatively quickly. Obviously, this was unexpected, but not out of the realm of possibility. Jaylen looks like a totally different player.

As good as Tatum has been, I have to agree. Jaylen is so much better on both sides of the ball this year in an expanded role.

With all due respect, please check my signature. It's been that way since draft night of last year. I got a LOT of flack last year during draft night for being one of the few who thought the Brown naysayers were incorrect.

I'm not saying I'm right - after all, he's not an All Star yet - but I've been pretty consistent in predicting Jaylen would blossom into a wonderful player. When you combine great coaching, a winning team, great role models, a smart player who has a great drive all at the same time it's very likely that player will succeed.

I was high on Brown too. I predicted he would be the pick and praised the decision. There is no way after watching him last season that you could have thought (from what we saw on the court) that he'd eventually be an All-Star, though. He had such a long way to go. It's honestly hard to believe what we've seen from him so far.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2017, 08:44:04 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
This is gonna sound weird, but maybe the most impressive play Jaylen had was that last missed shot at the rim. I say that because I have no idea how he even got there. The defense seemed to have him cut off and he just sort of side stepped the defender and with one stride was there. His  footwork on drives seems much improved from last year, and we have seen a drastic reduction in turnovers driving into the paint.

He didn't travel? Maybe he lost the ball on the way to rim but I thought he walked.

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
That was a pretty inept first half from the Unicorn.

That is because Al Horford is doing his job.

For all of my criticisms of Horford's lack of output this year I have to admit - his defence has been consistently excellent. 

I feel he's playing defence at a significantly higher level then he did last year.  Just seems to be in the right place at the right time, every time. 

« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

With all due respect, please check my signature. It's been that way since draft night of last year. I got a LOT of flack last year during draft night for being one of the few who thought the Brown naysayers were incorrect.

I was high on Brown too. I predicted he would be the pick and praised the decision. There is no way after watching him last season that you could have thought (from what we saw on the court) that he'd eventually be an All-Star, though. He had such a long way to go. It's honestly hard to believe what we've seen from him so far.
For both Jaylen’s and Jayson’s development, it is the speed at which they seem to be maturing that is impressive.  If we saw this happening with both players a year from now  I think we would be satisfied.

« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Seriously, Tatum's shot is a thing of beauty.

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
So nice to not see jelly olynyk out there

« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Seriously, Tatum's shot is a thing of beauty.

He shoots it so easy looking.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2017, 08:49:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
see Kyrie block for Tatum on that dunk?