Author Topic: Smart and a pick for Bledsoe?  (Read 4324 times)

Re: Smart and a pick for Bledsoe?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Why would we have 2 starting playmakers ? What we need is a Klay Thompson type.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Hear me out.

Trade both Marcus's and Yabusele for Bledsoe and the Suns' first round pick owed from the Heat in 2018.  Yes, that leaves us weak on the front line, but use our DPE to get a PF or C.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6955606

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

I am NOT sure that I would do this, but this works on realgm's trade checker.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hear me out.

Trade both Marcus's and Yabusele for Bledsoe and the Suns' first round pick owed from the Heat in 2018.  Yes, that leaves us weak on the front line, but use our DPE to get a PF or C.

Thoughts?

Smitty77
I don't want to cripple our bench
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 10:09:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We could always do Horford for Bledsoe and Chandler.

That sounds like a good idea...right? ??? And I am sure Horford would love PHX!

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
Horford is too good. You want to treat him with roses and candy every day and pray he signs for the vet min in a few years, sign AD and have an unbeatable team. Horford is  the perfect center for our team. What you're suggesting is awful. Chandler is basically done. Bledsoe has no room here.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 10:56:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
The salaries can't be matched and Bledsoe is very injury prone...

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Horford is too good. You want to treat him with roses and candy every day and pray he signs for the vet min in a few years, sign AD and have an unbeatable team. Horford is  the perfect center for our team. What you're suggesting is awful. Chandler is basically done. Bledsoe has no room here.

Oh, I was just kidding - just stating the obvious salary match. There is no way even Ainge would do that to Horford (1+ years after he chose to sign here).

People here have been hoping for a Chandler buyout; I figured I would just include him in the deal since we would obviously need a replacement center with Horford going out.

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 11:34:07 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

lol

Considering the rate at which Horford is declining as a scorer and rebounder, the Vet Min is about all he's going to be worth by the time this current contract is up.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 11:38:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If Bledsoe wants out, hey why not. Irving and Bledsoe would be like a Dillard\McCollum backcourt. We need more scoring and experience.

Smart, Yabu and a pick. The Suns need someone who Will play defense anyway.

The department store?  Brb shopping...:laugh:

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

lol

Considering the rate at which Horford is declining as a scorer and rebounder, the Vet Min is about all he's going to be worth by the time this current contract is up.

Horford is significantly better than the stats show. He's involved in basically every play. He's aging nicely. Remember he entered the league at 21. He has 9 years of NBA on his legs. Compare that to Irving who is considered entering his prime on 6 years experience. If we can lock him into a vet min in 3 years it's going to be huge. He's great at pnr. He can shoot 3s. He's a solid rebounder. He's a good rim protector. Plus hes really smart, is a leader and easygoing. He's the prototypical modern NBA big.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 12:50:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am just say vote 'no' on all trades for the moment.  Love this team for after this season.

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bledsoe would be a terrible fit next to Kyrie.

No thanks.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If Bledsoe wants out, hey why not. Irving and Bledsoe would be like a Dillard\McCollum backcourt. We need more scoring and experience.

Smart, Yabu and a pick. The Suns need someone who Will play defense anyway.

I would do it.

I don't think Bledsoe's best days are behind him. I still think he's an explosive two way guard, that can in the right situation put up astounding and stellar numbers, and why he was once deemed the nick name: "Mini-LBJ."

Bledsoe would help mitigate the loss of Hayward, with his two way presence, and scoring presence. The problem with Kyrie and Bledsoe, is they are both sub-par passes, and I believe Smart is coming up in the books as a potential great playmaker in the future.

If Smart could at least shoot the league average of 34-35%, he would be the perfect guard to put in Steven's system. But unfortunately, while this isn't a LSS, Smart isn't exactly doing too well... He's off to another woeful 27%. And once again, his shot selection isn't going to be any better, with Hayward out, and less offensive options on board to score.
I don't think we want to mitigate the loss of Hayward. We are still focusing on the future, not this season.

I management thinks Bledsoe is a valuable enough piece alongside Kyrie, Hayward, etc next season, fine. But making the move just for this season? No thanks. Play the young guys and let them develop.

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 02:59:05 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Inefficient, turnover prone, injury prone, mediocre 3pt shooter, undersized, overrated defender with a usage rate like I.T.  Just what we need.

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Hear me out.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

I think your deal has merit. Suns appear ready to move Bledsoe at a discount and our package seems reasonable given that Smart doesn't seem to be able to shoot when the real games are played. Morris and Yabu are nothing but filler from my POV.