Author Topic: Bledsoe wants out  (Read 10055 times)

Re: Bledsoe wants out
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Bledsoe for Faried?

Phoenix still has Brandon Knight under contract for 2 years after he gets back from injury. Mike James and Tyler Ullis at PG this year isn't great. They have really young guys at PF so Manimal could help make them tougher.

Denver has Millsap and Lyles at PF and also Darrell Arthur.  They could really use a veteran pg like Bledsoe and move Jamal Murray to backup PG/SG.

I'm sure Denver would be willing to jump on Bledsoe. They're thin at the PG but a piece like Bledsoe would definitely bump them into solid playoff team out west.

On the other hand, hey, maybe Cleveland offers a trade centered around IT  ::)

I'm not sure if Bledsoe is going to warrant a whole heck of a lot. Guys requested trade in-season have tended not to yield big-time offers. I don't think Cleveland would give up their BKN pick for Bledsoe, regardless of the Lebron factor, because honestly they're probably thinking, Lebron is going to do whatever he wants anyways. So why bother shooting ourselves in the foot long-term.
Bledsoe, Warren, Chriss/Bender, PHO 2nd for Shumpert, Frye, Smith, BKN

seems like a reasonable enough trade for both teams.

again, just humorous the percentage of your trade ideas that help the Celtics main conference rival. Fortunately the cavs have made their backcourt bed with rose, smith, IT and wade and would have an all out mutiny if they added another starting level point guard
Cleveland is an obvious destination for Bledsoe.  Milwaukee makes sense as well. Not too many other teams do though given what Bledsoe makes (i.e. Boston just doesn't have the salary to make a realistic offer).

Please explain to me the rotation of Rose, IT, Wade, Smith and Bledsoe. Wade and Smith have both made public statements already about having difficulty with their new roles and IT is not playing. We are talking about real life, not a fan duel lineup

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Also let's not forget earlier this wake you were proposing ways Cleveland could get Conley and gasol. Got any ideas for the Celtics making trades to improve given this is a Celtic Forum?

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Also let's not forget earlier this wake you were proposing ways Cleveland could get Conley and gasol. Got any ideas for the Celtics making trades to improve given this is a Celtic Forum?
Um, that wasn't me.  But nice try. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2017, 02:24:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Bledsoe for Faried?

Phoenix still has Brandon Knight under contract for 2 years after he gets back from injury. Mike James and Tyler Ullis at PG this year isn't great. They have really young guys at PF so Manimal could help make them tougher.

Denver has Millsap and Lyles at PF and also Darrell Arthur.  They could really use a veteran pg like Bledsoe and move Jamal Murray to backup PG/SG.

I'm sure Denver would be willing to jump on Bledsoe. They're thin at the PG but a piece like Bledsoe would definitely bump them into solid playoff team out west.

I'm not sure if Bledsoe is going to warrant a whole heck of a lot. Guys requested trade in-season have tended not to yield big-time offers. I don't think Cleveland would give up their BKN pick for Bledsoe, regardless of the Lebron factor, because honestly they're probably thinking, Lebron is going to do whatever he wants anyways. So why bother shooting ourselves in the foot long-term.

again, just humorous the percentage of your trade ideas that help the Celtics main conference rival. Fortunately the cavs have made their backcourt bed with rose, smith, IT and wade and would have an all out mutiny if they added another starting level point guard
Cleveland is an obvious destination for Bledsoe.  Milwaukee makes sense as well. Not too many other teams do though given what Bledsoe makes (i.e. Boston just doesn't have the salary to make a realistic offer).

Please explain to me the rotation of Rose, IT, Wade, Smith and Bledsoe. Wade and Smith have both made public statements already about having difficulty with their new roles and IT is not playing. We are talking about real life, not a fan duel lineup
Rose is already out a week.  Smith is back in the starting lineup with Wade coming of the bench.  Thomas is out for months. 

And I'm not sure why you included Smith, I had him in the trade with Phoenix.  Perhaps you should actually read before you go spouting off at the mouth.

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

This isnlt you talking about how they could get Gasol and keep love (and also rose)
I don't see why the Cavs would need to trade both Thompson and Love in that deal.  Nor why someone like Rose would need to be included (he does nothing for Memphis so why would they want him).

Because they need to make the salaries work and both players have become redundant for Cleveland, that’s why they’ve tried so many line up changes as Thompson and Love can’t start together anymore, I’d include Rose too because not only is he finished but he’s going to be a locker room problem if he’s no longer playing, Memphis will get short term point guard cover and Rose comes off the books next season.
they don't need both of their salaries included to match and they absolutely need one of them to play with Gasol

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Bledsoe for Faried?

Rose is already out a week.  Smith is back in the starting lineup with Wade coming of the bench.  Thomas is out for months. 

And I'm not sure why you included Smith, I had him in the trade with Phoenix.  Perhaps you should actually read before you go spouting off at the mouth.

Wait so you have the suns giving up the best player in the deal and taking back a bad contract like smith? Then they throw in young talent like warren and chriss? Truly bizarre

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Just curious though Moranis...

Do you live in Cleveland? I mean, dude seriously lol. What is your affiliations/allegiations with them, if you don't mind me asking?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

This isnlt you talking about how they could get Gasol and keep love (and also rose)
I don't see why the Cavs would need to trade both Thompson and Love in that deal.  Nor why someone like Rose would need to be included (he does nothing for Memphis so why would they want him).

Because they need to make the salaries work and both players have become redundant for Cleveland, that’s why they’ve tried so many line up changes as Thompson and Love can’t start together anymore, I’d include Rose too because not only is he finished but he’s going to be a locker room problem if he’s no longer playing, Memphis will get short term point guard cover and Rose comes off the books next season.
they don't need both of their salaries included to match and they absolutely need one of them to play with Gasol
I posted in a thread that many others posted in and that I didn't start it and it was about the Cavs and Grizzlies. 

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Bledsoe for Faried?

Wait so you have the suns giving up the best player in the deal and taking back a bad contract like smith? Then they throw in young talent like warren and chriss? Truly bizarre
so you have now basically admitted you didn't read my post and were just trolling.  Good to know.

The Suns do the trade to acquire the Brooklyn pick.  That should seem pretty obvious.  That is by far the best asset in the trade.  Bledsoe may very well be the best player in the trade, but he has demanded a trade and was sent home from practice and will not play tonight.  The Suns have lost whatever leverage they may have had with him.  His value just isn't very high. 

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 02:47:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Do you live in Cleveland? I mean, dude seriously lol. What is your affiliations/allegiations with them, if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure He has never officially answered this

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2017, 02:49:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I posted in a thread that many others posted in and that I didn't start it and it was about the Cavs and Grizzlies.

You don't think it is bizarre to constantly make posts about trades that help our main rival? Your other recent posts were stating ways Boston could tank this season (if Irving gets hurt). Obviously fans of other teams are great to have here. My issue is with being dishonest about it. If you really are just a straight Cavs fan I will appreciate the discourse with you a lot more

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Not really opposed to his views or beliefs, just curious tbh. Maybe there could be an story behind that I would like to know myself, only if Moranis would like to reveal that. I never really had a problem with LaBrd, but eventually I got tired of him talking about Embiid or some binkie on the 76ers in every thread. Just curiousity killed the cat type of thing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Not really opposed to his views or beliefs, just curious tbh. Maybe there could be an story behind that I would like to know myself, only if Moranis would like to reveal that. I never really had a problem with LaBrd, but eventually I got tired of him talking about Embiid or some binkie on the 76ers in every thread. Just curiousity killed the cat type of thing.

Larbrd is a pretty hardcore Celtics fan and was very different in his persona through PMs and some of the other Celtics fan sites. I consider him a friend. I think a few times he got caught up in some of his schticks and he was a huge fan of hinkie, but guy definitely bleeds green. Some day he will return and will know if he wants Bledsoe. I would want Bledsoe on Celtics if we had assurances he could stay healthy.

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2017, 03:40:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

You don't think it is bizarre to constantly make posts about trades that help our main rival? Your other recent posts were stating ways Boston could tank this season (if Irving gets hurt). Obviously fans of other teams are great to have here. My issue is with being dishonest about it. If you really are just a straight Cavs fan I will appreciate the discourse with you a lot more
I actually didn't think Boston should tank even if Irving got hurt.  I was just pointing out why it might make sense.  Again in a thread that I didn't start and plenty of others commented in.  Just like I have commented in plenty of different threads on plenty of different topics.  Some involving the C's, some not. 

If you are going to keep trolling, at least be accurate in your trolling. 

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I've lived in Ohio my whole life.  That is pretty well known on here.  I've lived in, at various points, the 5 biggest cities in the state (or at least their suburbs).  I went to high school in the Toledo area, which is mostly a Detroit based team city (though the Browns are pretty popular there).  Went to college and spent most of my adult life in the greater Cincinnati area, but have been in northeast Ohio (the greater Cleveland/Akron area) for 4 years. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:51:21 PM by Moranis »