Author Topic: Bledsoe wants out  (Read 9917 times)

Re: Bledsoe wants out
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 11:36:52 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I can't imagine Cleveland ever considers moving that pick for Eric Bledsoe. Bledsoe is a good player, but that pick is the jump start to their future and the entire reason they did the Irving trade (not IT).

The only way it would make any sense is if Lebron gave some indication that he would re-sign if the the Cavs made a trade for Bledsoe; otherwise, they are going to give it their best shot with Lebron, Love, Crowder, Wade, IT, and company (when he returns) and then start selling off guys like Love and Thompson to the highest bidders when the season is over and Lebron has moved on.

I think the Cavs will do literally ANYTHING if they think it will help convince Lebron to stick around and re-sign there.

If Bledsoe is the extra piece that can put them over the top and lead them to another title, then that might be all it takes for Lebron to agree to come back. 

And the Cavs would be pretty tough to beat with Bledsoe/Wade starting and Thomas/Rose coming off the bench.  Even the Warriors would have some serious difficulties dealing with that. 

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Bledsoe is gonna be a coup for somebody.

Kid can play. Been getting suffocated out there in Phoenix.

And this is where I expect Cleveland to once again makes a mockery of the NBA salary cap system by sending the Brooklyn pick + JR Smith's $13.8M contract to Phoenix for Bledsoe...

Bledsoe would well and truly be a game changer for Cleveland - he'd give them a much needed boost to their defence and outside shooting and would allow them to play like a legit contender until IT returns from injury.  We already know JR Smith is whining about coming off the bench, so it would make sense for Cleveland to shed that "problem" from the locker room. 

The whole deal just makes too much sense for both teams.  Though JR Smith's contract probably doesn't do much for Phoenix, they would likely be salivating over that Brooklyn pick.   

It would also give Cleveland major insurance in the potential scenarios of:

1. Thomas failing to come back 100% - they could bring him off the bench in restricted minutes

2. Thomas wanting more money then they are wiling to pay - they could let go and move forward with Bledsoe

Waiting for it...

The Cavs have several options that could work. Frye/Korver/pick/filler. Tristan Kardashian, straight up. Doubt they move JR.

He has been very vocal in complaining about his reduced role, since Wade took his starting spot.  Not sure how much truth there is to the rumours, but apparently he considers himself a big part of those past finals runs, and was felt insulted and stabbed in the back when he found out he would be demoted to bench duty.

Given JR Smith is a well known head-case, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it escalates into a serious locker room problem as the season goes on.  Thompson is also apparently less then pleased about being replaced by Crowder in the starting 5, and I'm very curious how the PG situation is gong to play out in that regard once Isaiah comes back - will either IT4 or Rose be able to put their ego aside and accept playing 20-25 minutes off the bench? 

I'm just waiting, hoping this Cleveland situation implodes in a huge way. They have seemingly had enough issues in the past with lockerroom stuff, can only see it worse this year.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:45:23 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 12:42:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Eat your heart out Josh Jackson

And Mcdonough...clown

I don't feel bad for Josh Jackson. He hates Boston hence why he avoided all the meet ups during summer before being drafted. Enjoy suffering in Phoenix.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 07:02:57 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Denver and Clips are two of my favorite destinations for him.

Man that franchise is cursed. Thomas wanted out, Dragic wanted out, the Morris twins wanted out now Bledsoe. Booker is gonna sign a rookie max then request a trade halfway through his contract.

What a wreck of a franchise.
Comes back to the owner.  And he just fired his coach so maybe that's what motivated Bledsoe to tweet today.

Yeah, the Earl Watson news makes the Bledsoe tweet make a lot more sense.  I know the Suns have been terrible, but firing a coach three games into the season is stupid.  You either make that decision during the off-season or you wait at least a couple of months, especially if you weren’t going to be competitive regardless.
I generally agree with you @SL, but Siberian temperatures of -48 and -42 °C/°F can make you change your mind very quickly. If I am there and I see my team's vets providing absolutely no response to my H.coach, I would change him before he oozes all over my rooks/sophs.

Some will say, stick to the plan, remain steady and on the course. Ok, I get it, but playing below the Euroleague level (more like Eurochallenge level) would at the very least make me reconsider the plan.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:15:07 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bledsoe for Faried?

Phoenix still has Brandon Knight under contract for 2 years after he gets back from injury. Mike James and Tyler Ullis at PG this year isn't great. They have really young guys at PF so Manimal could help make them tougher.

Denver has Millsap and Lyles at PF and also Darrell Arthur.  They could really use a veteran pg like Bledsoe and move Jamal Murray to backup PG/SG.

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Can you blame him? The Suns would struggle in the G-League this season. Nobody on that roster even looks like they are trying outside of Mike James who is lucky he has a job.

The Suns have that worst record in the league spot all locked up, and nobody else is even close.
So what exactly did he think it was going to look like when he signed that 5-year deal in 2014?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can you blame him? The Suns would struggle in the G-League this season. Nobody on that roster even looks like they are trying outside of Mike James who is lucky he has a job.

The Suns have that worst record in the league spot all locked up, and nobody else is even close.
So what exactly did he think it was going to look like when he signed that 5-year deal in 2014?

Considering the team was coming off a 48-34 season, and considering he and Alex Len are the only players left from that 48–34 team, I’m going to guess he didn’t think it would look like this.

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 01:26:32 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Bledsoe for Faried?

Phoenix still has Brandon Knight under contract for 2 years after he gets back from injury. Mike James and Tyler Ullis at PG this year isn't great. They have really young guys at PF so Manimal could help make them tougher.

Denver has Millsap and Lyles at PF and also Darrell Arthur.  They could really use a veteran pg like Bledsoe and move Jamal Murray to backup PG/SG.

I'm sure Denver would be willing to jump on Bledsoe. They're thin at the PG but a piece like Bledsoe would definitely bump them into solid playoff team out west.

On the other hand, hey, maybe Cleveland offers a trade centered around IT  ::)

I'm not sure if Bledsoe is going to warrant a whole heck of a lot. Guys requested trade in-season have tended not to yield big-time offers. I don't think Cleveland would give up their BKN pick for Bledsoe, regardless of the Lebron factor, because honestly they're probably thinking, Lebron is going to do whatever he wants anyways. So why bother shooting ourselves in the foot long-term.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Considering the team was coming off a 48-34 season, and considering he and Alex Len are the only players left from that 48–34 team, I’m going to guess he didn’t think it would look like this.
He thought a roster headlined by him, Goran Dragic, and Gerald Green could sustain that? I guess he deserved what he got :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 01:34:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Bledsoe for Faried?

I'm sure Denver would be willing to jump on Bledsoe. They're thin at the PG but a piece like Bledsoe would definitely bump them into solid playoff team out west.

I'm not sure if Bledsoe is going to warrant a whole heck of a lot. Guys requested trade in-season have tended not to yield big-time offers. I don't think Cleveland would give up their BKN pick for Bledsoe, regardless of the Lebron factor, because honestly they're probably thinking, Lebron is going to do whatever he wants anyways. So why bother shooting ourselves in the foot long-term.
Bledsoe, Warren, Chriss/Bender, PHO 2nd for Shumpert, Frye, Smith, BKN

seems like a reasonable enough trade for both teams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Bledsoe for Faried?

Is that the Cavs fan in you talking?

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

He thought a roster headlined by him, Goran Dragic, and Gerald Green could sustain that? I guess he deserved what he got :P

Always intelligent commentary.  The Morris brothers signed extensions the same week he did.  And as if Goran Dragic wasn’t coming off an All-NBA season at 27.  Not to mention, should he stick in Phoenix, which he will most likely not, he will be on his third head coach in three years. 

That organization is directionless.  The 2014 trade deadline was one of the worst in history for any team.  Dragic for two 1sts in the distant future.  IT for a very late 1st.  Trading the Lakers pick for Knight.  I don’t even think Phoenix is trying to tank — they’re just bad and clueless.  I’d want out too.

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Bledsoe for Faried?

again, just humorous the percentage of your trade ideas that help the Celtics main conference rival. Fortunately the cavs have made their backcourt bed with rose, smith, IT and wade and would have an all out mutiny if they added another starting level point guard

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 01:56:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bledsoe reportedly met with the front office this morning and was sent home. Won't be playing tonight. So looks like he's as good as gone, it's just a matter of when.

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Bledsoe for Faried?

again, just humorous the percentage of your trade ideas that help the Celtics main conference rival. Fortunately the cavs have made their backcourt bed with rose, smith, IT and wade and would have an all out mutiny if they added another starting level point guard
Cleveland is an obvious destination for Bledsoe.  Milwaukee makes sense as well. Not too many other teams do though given what Bledsoe makes (i.e. Boston just doesn't have the salary to make a realistic offer).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip