Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29529 times)

Re: 76ers fans panicking over Fultz
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm so Glad Stevens and DA went with Tatum instead of Fultz. I wasn't a huge fan, but had started to warm up to him, but never felt right. I was more in the Jackson camp. But when Dicky V mentioned Tatum and he thought Boston would draft him, I started to check his games out and was perfectly fine with them drafting him. I was a bit concerned about his athleticism translating to the NBA but the kid can flat out Ball. And is playing solid in a tough system, in a tough media and fan town.

I'm wondering how Fultz would have handled it if he came to Boston.

I did like the quote about HAywards foot almost falling off and him being ready before Fultz, because it could be true. LOL

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Remember when 95% of Celtics blog were calling for Danny's head for about a month after the trade?  ::)

« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Selectively quoting some fans to push a point is meaningless.  The Libertballers site isn't panicking.  Looks like the Sixers are putting the downtime to good use.  Coach Brown is holding the same classrooms sessions with Fultz like he did Simmons and they are also working on his diet and overall fitness. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21722893/philadelphia-76ers-coach-brett-brown-holds-jon-gruden-film-sessions-markelle-fultz
I didn't selectively quote fans. I quoted every post from this page after the "fultz is healthy now" news broke :  https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1644743&start=220#start_here

If I could I would quote all 4 pages of the 76ers fans but got tired of copying and pasting
People who complain make a disproportionate share of noise.  There are plenty of posts on that thread calling out the complainers.  The complainers appear to have a collective intelligence just above moron.  I especially like the following hot take from one of them on natural shooters.  Like to see him tell Ray Allen or Reggie Miller that.   

bro, i respect your takes 99% (especially about embiid) but if you post in fultz-topics i always remember you are calling fultz a natural shooter. does a natural shooter needs shooting-practice? shootaround before the game is all a "natural shooter" needs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:04:20 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Remember when 95% of Celtics blog were calling for Danny's head for about a month after the trade?  ::)

No, I do not.  I think most everyone who wasn’t on board initially fell in love with Tatum pretty quickly once summer league stared.

Re: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Bargz or Fultz, which one of Colangelo's 1st picks will be better?  ;D
EDIT: Bargz is leading so far.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bargnan01/gamelog/2007#pgl_cum_stats::none
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:11:30 PM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

No, I do not.  I think most everyone who wasn’t on board initially fell in love with Tatum pretty quickly once summer league stared.

I find your lack of all-or-nothing-ism disturbing.

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
TP for going outside of CB to find interesting takes from fans of other teams. You also initially brought up Cleveland fans freaking out about the BKN pick, too, right? That's before Phantom created a thread and took all the credit!!  ;)

One of my favorite things from FLC isn't her gamethreads, but her "comments from the other side" piece following each Cs game on her Celticsgreen website. I really enjoy reading other fans' reactions - often seeing that they are ultimately not much different than we are  :laugh:

I was letting this go, but not anymore  ;D. See: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=94594.msg2425904;topicseen#msg2425904

Please give me credit  :police:. I'll send you my bank account number if necessary.

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2017, 06:44:36 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
It's obvious to me that Fultz has a mental disorder. He's also as dumb as a brick if you've seen interviews with him and his social media posts. It could be that the Sixers do not want him to communicate with the media for fear of divulging information regarding the Sixers FO. That means delaying him from playing while looking for a potential trade. This could be another bad situation in Philly. I mean how does he answer the questions (with his low IQ) "why did you play injured" "who did you tell about your injury" "how did the Sixers not know you were hurt" "why did you change your shot without approval of your team"

« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's obvious to me that Fultz has a mental disorder. He's also as dumb as a brick if you've seen interviews with him and his social media posts. It could be that the Sixers do not want him to communicate with the media for fear of divulging information regarding the Sixers FO. That means delaying him from playing while looking for a potential trade. This could be another bad situation in Philly. I mean how does he answer the questions (with his low IQ) "why did you play injured" "who did you tell about your injury" "how did the Sixers not know you were hurt" "why did you change your shot without approval of your team"

Seriously?

This is why people think Celtics fans are obnoxious.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

Seriously?

I would assume that you'd have more to contribute when calling someone obnoxious. I personally do not have answers to those four questions and we've all spent 2 months hypothesizing answers. Do you really think that the Sixers want the guy who posted the tissot advertisement template without filling in the templated parts to be the one who answers them?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:07:44 PM by Erik »

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not me, this is my post at the time

Celtics Talk / Re: For all the Josh Jackson supporters....
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:45:53 AM »
OK i have watched the videos and it's CLEARLY Tatum over JJ(which, i can also take it) for me

JJ you hope he can be a Butler guy, he shoot jumpers mostly with his wrist and that could be a problem in NBA(range/space), can guard 1-2s,the upside is there but more uncertainty

Tatum fits better in CBS's pace/space system for he is a good shooter and can also create/score, he really does has PP potential

And for that i can understand why Danny passed on Fulz
1.The bigger the better(impactful), guard is easy to get with our assets and don't need to be an all-rounder if your star wings/bigs can do the passing/creation, for example this draft(and others) has plenty of athletic or scoring guards outside of top5

2.Combine that with Fulz's red flag:Knee problem/Winning(hustling)attitude/college Record and bad workouts(shows clearly he is not a LBJ/KD/Duncan level prospect, means you can afford on passing)

I see the full logic for danny to pass on him, it's just a shame he can't get more out of it but anything is a plus(and 2018 pick in big mans draft is what we all want)

So i am happy now and waiting for the draft
and...wow danny really is good at his busness

In danny i trust ;)

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Not me, this is my post at the time

Celtics Talk / Re: For all the Josh Jackson supporters....
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:45:53 AM »
OK i have watched the videos and it's CLEARLY Tatum over JJ(which, i can also take it) for me

JJ you hope he can be a Butler guy, he shoot jumpers mostly with his wrist and that could be a problem in NBA(range/space), can guard 1-2s,the upside is there but more uncertainty

Tatum fits better in CBS's pace/space system for he is a good shooter and can also create/score, he really does has PP potential

And for that i can understand why Danny passed on Fulz
1.The bigger the better(impactful), guard is easy to get with our assets and don't need to be an all-rounder if your star wings/bigs can do the passing/creation, for example this draft(and others) has plenty of athletic or scoring guards outside of top5

2.Combine that with Fulz's red flag:Knee problem/Winning(hustling)attitude/college Record and bad workouts(shows clearly he is not a LBJ/KD/Duncan level prospect, means you can afford on passing)

I see the full logic for danny to pass on him, it's just a shame he can't get more out of it but anything is a plus(and 2018 pick in big mans draft is what we all want)

So i am happy now and waiting for the draft
and...wow danny really is good at his busness

In danny i trust ;)
Tp for the foresight. I was a Jackson fan. But then, sigh, I liked bender and Dunn as well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Seriously?

I would assume that you'd have more to contribute when calling someone obnoxious. I personally do not have answers to those four questions and we've all spent 2 months hypothesizing answers. Do you really think that the Sixers want the guy who posted the tissot advertisement template without filling in the templated parts to be the one who answers them?

Okay, but saying/classifying that he has a mental disorder because of that one possible mishap? REALLY???

You seriously don't think there's anything wrong with that...  ???

And to suggest he's even on the trade market right now because of it is kind of ridiculous too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
No... mental and intelligence are two separate things. I find his general attitude to be something of a player with a weak "mental game." I mean you do know that mental disorder doesn't mean that he's a psychopath right? He could have anxiety disorder. Do you think a person who cared about being an NBA star would exhibit this kind of behavior? Imagine if the Celtics did this to Jaylen Brown.

His lack of intelligence goes further than one mistake. Just YouTube interviews with him.

Not ridiculous that they've considered trading him. His shot if off (he's clearly not the person they thought they drafted) and Imagine how they're going to explain this entire fiasco. If he's traded they can simply throw him under the bus. Now they have to come up with a story that passes the smell test and makes both sides look competent. I don't personally see it.... and I sure as hell don't want a Fultz to be the one who tells the story. Plus they've also seen that Simmons is the point guard. Perhaps they could package him for a star or a high lotto pick next year. I mean look at the Sixers franchise... would anything surprise you at this point?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:00:06 PM by Erik »