Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29415 times)

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
He looks like Chuck Knoblauch throwing to first.

That’s exactly what I thought.  It really seems like he’s quickly developing a case of the yips.  The Sixers should find some injury to use an excuse to sit him down with and convince him/everyone else that this was the problem.  The yips are not to be trifled with.
I think Philly is too afraid of public backlash.

He obviously needs some time off, either to fix that jumper or to rest his shoulder.

Markelle is very crafty and sneaky athletic. He has some great moves and is a good passer, but if he is afraid to shoot jumpers, then he doesnt project any better than Evan Turner.

I think Simmons doesn't project much better than Turner, either. The Sixers were the ones who wasted a #2 pick on Turner, too, lol.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I think Simmons doesn't project much better than Turner, either. The Sixers were the ones who wasted a #2 pick on Turner, too, lol.

I'm not that high on him but that's over the top.

Depends on if they wise up in how they use him though.  He's not a PG.  Let him be Lamar Odom esque.  He's not going to be able to dribble around and use screens and run an offense.

He has top level rebounding potential and he's a great athlete.  Let him be a big man.  Maybe you don't play Embiid as much with him if that's the case, but then that's what you should do.  I think trying to legit use him as a PG is a joke.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I am just not buying that this guy is a bad shooter.  Give him time, he is a young kid trying to justify his #1 pick status.

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He looks like Chuck Knoblauch throwing to first.

That’s exactly what I thought.  It really seems like he’s quickly developing a case of the yips.  The Sixers should find some injury to use an excuse to sit him down with and convince him/everyone else that this was the problem.  The yips are not to be trifled with.
I think Philly is too afraid of public backlash.

He obviously needs some time off, either to fix that jumper or to rest his shoulder.

Markelle is very crafty and sneaky athletic. He has some great moves and is a good passer, but if he is afraid to shoot jumpers, then he doesnt project any better than Evan Turner.
I've never heard of a player being kept off the roster to work on shooting.  There are enough hours in a day that he can work on his shot and still play in the games.
He needs to reset mentally.

he doesnt need to "work on his shot" he needs to work on his mind.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 01:48:34 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Three games into the season he has yet to shoot a jumper.

A phenomenon known as the yips. He has completely lost all confidence in his ability to shoot the basketball.

One of his free throws last night.

https://streamable.com/olcno

Injuries don't cause form like that.

Actually they do. He is trying to lessen the impact on his shoulders, that is why he is using a shooting motion that uses the wrist more to push the ball out.

Sorry. That is a ridiculous cop-out.

If he actually had a rotator cuff or an injury that prevented him from shooting, he wouldn't be playing.

Simple.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 01:51:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

A phenomenon known as the yips. He has completely lost all confidence in his ability to shoot the basketball.

Actually they do. He is trying to lessen the impact on his shoulders, that is why he is using a shooting motion that uses the wrist more to push the ball out.

If he actually had a rotator cuff or an injury that prevented him from shooting, he wouldn't be playing.

Simple.
tp. 100% true

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 04:22:29 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Simple.

Im sorry but if you think you are more believable than a professional basketball team's coach and medical staff you are sadly mistaken. Delusional even.

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 07:02:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

You should quit your day job and go into comedy.   I don't think that your intent but I almost fell out of my chair laughing.  Is the yips contagious? Is their a vaccine? 

From what I have seen of the human face over 50% of people seem born with it.  Because most people when shooting a basketball can't make two with a pencil.

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

You should quit your day job and go into comedy.   I don't think that your intent but I almost fell out of my chair laughing.  Is the yips contagious? Is their a vaccine? 

From what I have seen of the human face over 50% of people seem born with it.  Because most people when shooting a basketball can't make two with a pencil.
The yips area real problem. I don’t know if the are Fultz’s problem but they exist.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/47124896/the-yips-difficult-to-understand-difficult-to-cure/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/385462-the-10-worst-yips-in-sports

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/05/17/jon-lester-yips-chicago-cubs

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Yeah except it's actually a scientific proven thing that happens with professional players of various sports.

Maybe do some research before you fall off your chair laughing at someone else's opinion.

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Simple.

Im sorry but if you think you are more believable than a professional basketball team's coach and medical staff you are sadly mistaken. Delusional even.

Where is the definitive report that states his injury and its severity?

You think he wouldn't prefer to fight through the pain of a rotator cuff problem to not embarrass himself on national television and the internet? This could very well be just as mental and form related as a physical injury.

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Why....the....heck....was....he....playing?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-fluid-drained-shoulder

"Markelle had a shoulder injury and fluid drained out of the back of his shoulder," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN. "He literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball. He decided to try and fight through the pain to help the team. He has a great attitude. We are committed to finding a solution to get Markelle back to 100 percent."

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-fluid-drained-shoulder

"Markelle had a shoulder injury and fluid drained out of the back of his shoulder," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN. "He literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball. He decided to try and fight through the pain to help the team. He has a great attitude. We are committed to finding a solution to get Markelle back to 100 percent."
this is the type of thing where you fire the entire coaching staff. There was a link posted where the head coach said he Thinks the injury was why he shot bad. He knew and still played him. Fire him.

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I guess if playing wasn't supposed to exacerbate the injury and they wanted to get him early reps...nope, it still makes no sense. Didn't they royally screw up Embiid's diagnosis and let him play another game with a torn meniscus?

I just hope it doesn't give him a mental (or physical) block going forward. As much as we want to crow about making the right decision with that deal, I hate to see a young talented guy not fulfill his potential because he listened to team doctors.

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season. (Injured?)
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If he's got shoulder bursitis, it's odd that he's playing. The main treatment for this condition is rest...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."