Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29521 times)

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season.
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He needs therapy.  This is a mental issue like Chuck Knoblauch.  He was a good outside shooter last season.  He struggled from the free throw line, but he shot fine from there in high school. 

Until he gets it figured out, I'm just going to eat popcorn and watch Tatum kick butt.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 11:50:16 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They should shut him down for the year .
Maybe they are afraid of the backlash they would get if yet another 76ers #1 pick missed their rookie season due to injury.

That never stopped them before plus there is a lot of guys for fans to be excited about in Philly. If he's hurt why are they pushing him out there?
Yeah, but fans are legit invested this year. Season tickets have sold out. Also, it would call into question a lot of things regarding management. Noel, Embiid, Simmons, and now possibly Fultz? Not a good look.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 12:16:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Maybe I’d believe he was hurt if he was an 80% free throw shooter last year.  Obviously he foolishly attempted to change his shot by himself with disasterous results.  He and the Sixers better stick with the sore shoulder excuse until he fixes that shot though!

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He looks like Chuck Knoblauch throwing to first. 

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't think he changed his shot. It is also not injury. He’s just a bad shooter. He had a bad workout with the Celtics. He has a bad workout with the Sixers. He was shooting bad before injury. And now he’s having bad games.  It is much more likely his 1 good year in college was a fluke.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 01:12:17 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
He worked out for the Cs and Danny saw something wrong or off with him..kept quite about it and strongly built up his value and in the end fleecing the sixers for that protected pick...Fultz was never gonna be drafted by Danny..it was just a question of who does he deal with..Philly or the Fakers heck he was even willing to go down to 4th pick...on draft night Danny was nearly crucified for trading away a transcended talent.....oooh hindsight is so satisfying and Danny was very much vindicated. I too was fooled as I wanted Fultz but was so glad we got Tatum..who could very much be a beast in 3 yrs.

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

That’s exactly what I thought.  It really seems like he’s quickly developing a case of the yips.  The Sixers should find some injury to use an excuse to sit him down with and convince him/everyone else that this was the problem.  The yips are not to be trifled with.

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 03:34:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

That’s exactly what I thought.  It really seems like he’s quickly developing a case of the yips.  The Sixers should find some injury to use an excuse to sit him down with and convince him/everyone else that this was the problem.  The yips are not to be trifled with.
I think Philly is too afraid of public backlash.

He obviously needs some time off, either to fix that jumper or to rest his shoulder.

Markelle is very crafty and sneaky athletic. He has some great moves and is a good passer, but if he is afraid to shoot jumpers, then he doesnt project any better than Evan Turner.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I know right.  isn't that the requirement for all of Philly's top picks -- they have to sit out their rookie year?   ;)

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I know right.  isn't that the requirement for all of Philly's top picks -- they have to sit out their rookie year?   ;)

Im just following the process........thats all ... ;)

Actually I understand possibly TWO now .....he has a blister on his big toe ... :D

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I think Philly is too afraid of public backlash.

He obviously needs some time off, either to fix that jumper or to rest his shoulder.

Markelle is very crafty and sneaky athletic. He has some great moves and is a good passer, but if he is afraid to shoot jumpers, then he doesnt project any better than Evan Turner.
I've never heard of a player being kept off the roster to work on shooting.  There are enough hours in a day that he can work on his shot and still play in the games. 

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I just find it baffling that Fultz, a gifted shooter and someone who has drawn comparison to the likes of Harden, is NOW experimenting with shooting forms (including FTs).  :o

Huh?

And I know he may be dealing with a shoulder injury, but in that case just sit out. I really don't think some player just has a sore hand or something and just decides, "okay time to completely change my shooting form!"

Now a shoulder injury is obviously more serious than the example I provided, but it seems like Fultz changing his shooting form isn't some "temporary solution" here either.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 04:07:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I don't think he changed his shot. It is also not injury. He’s just a bad shooter. He had a bad workout with the Celtics. He has a bad workout with the Sixers. He was shooting bad before injury. And now he’s having bad games.  It is much more likely his 1 good year in college was a fluke.

No, he clearly changed his shot from college. It's a fundamentally different movement and positioning of the ball.  He changed it right after the season before the pre-draft workouts.

Watch the free throws. He never shot it like that last year. He's essentially pushing the ball off of his fingertips up there, almost Shaq-like.

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No, he clearly changed his shot from college. It's a fundamentally different movement and positioning of the ball.  He changed it right after the season before the pre-draft workouts.

Watch the free throws. He never shot it like that last year. He's essentially pushing the ball off of his fingertips up there, almost Shaq-like.

Right — the question is:  Did he change his shot because he wanted to improve, but it didn’t work, because he had some injury and found this more comfortable, or because he’s had a complete collapse of confidence and has no clue what to do? I think it’s number 3.

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 05:35:35 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I swear Danny is a genius